PDA

View Full Version : This site rocks and so does everybody in it, but i'm concerned!!!

guitargod711
05-16-2002, 08:57 AM
What I see happening to the Xbox is the same thing I seen happen to my Sega Saturn and Dreamcast. I absolutely love the Xbox and want it to succeed more than anything, but it really ain't looking good. Where I live you can buy xbox games for as low as $14.99 and it's pretty well placed in back of all the other consoles, including the original PSone. Developers are shying away from it like it's got a virus in it. Granted, microsoft has money to invest in it, but it seems as though they are doing nothing to make 3rd party developer (exclusive) game deals. Take a look at the new EGM. It's got a few xbox reviews and NO in depth review like they do for gamecube and PS2. And now it seems EA is starting to jump ship. Where's GTA 3 and Metal Gear Solid??? It would make more sense to say their coming out NOW , so more Xboxes will be sold than later. I don't even care about those games, but you'll be surprised at how many people are standing in line at Walmart to exchange their Xbox for a ps2 and 2 games to boot. It's sickening!!!And I'll ask : Why are you taking back your Xbox and they'll say there's not really many good games out for it and people believe the ps2 is equal if not superior. What a crock of sh*t!!!I still think Dreamcast was and still is a better system than ps2 but that certainly didn't get me anywhere.Dreamcast and Xbox are similar in a few ways
1. Their both great systems
2. They both have online capabilities without extra costs of an add-on.
3. The controllers are similar.
And the Dreamcast revolutionized gaming with the VMU, finally had a head start on ps2, 1 years worth and alot of killer games and it still failed.I just hope that the next thing they DON'T have in common would be that they both failed and lost support.Fu*king Sony. I HATE THOSE b**tards

Kraft
05-16-2002, 09:09 AM
Yeah, the dreamcast was a great system and probably would have fared a lot better against the PS2 had Sega not shot themselves in the foot with the SegaCD and the Saturn. After both of those fiasco's, former sega fans went for the product stability of sony fearing the dreamcast would end up being the Saturn2, so to speak. I don't think you can even begin to compare the box to the saturn, as that was a crappy system with crappy games and crappy support, totally not what it should have been for the time it was released. And comparing systems because of what their controllers look like? lol, I don't think that what a controller looks like will predict now well a system does. Unless of course it's the Atari Jaguar...

Either way, Sega offered online play for free on the dreamcast because they had to, so they could stay afloat and sell enough software... which it turns out they didn't anyways. And we don't even know if MS is going to offer free service. All I can say is wait for e3 then grab onto something incredibly sturdy, because I'm guessing we are all going to get blown away by what goes down there.

guitargod711
05-16-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Yeah, the dreamcast was a great system and probably would have fared a lot better against the PS2 had Sega not shot themselves in the foot with the SegaCD and the Saturn. After both of those fiasco's, former sega fans went for the product stability of sony fearing the dreamcast would end up being the Saturn2, so to speak. I don't think you can even begin to compare the box to the saturn, as that was a crappy system with crappy games and crappy support, totally not what it should have been for the time it was released. And comparing systems because of what their controllers look like? lol, I don't think that what a controller looks like will predict now well a system does. Unless of course it's the Atari Jaguar...

Either way, Sega offered online play for free on the dreamcast because they had to, so they could stay afloat and sell enough software... which it turns out they didn't anyways. And we don't even know if MS is going to offer free service. All I can say is wait for e3 then grab onto something incredibly sturdy, because I'm guessing we are all going to get blown away by what goes down there.

Well, we all hope your right and i was just comparing the controllers because they are similar. Nothing more

Spaztic
05-16-2002, 10:28 AM
What do you mean there are no games out?! Damn it, this console hasn't even been out a year yet.....Ps2 didn't have near the quality of great games out when it was released. Games are just starting to get pumped out. I am going to be broke! You really have nothing to be worried about! Xbox only lost online capibilities with EA not Ea all together....With sega and MS making great sports games EA can no longer compete....No one wants there outdated ****! I don't know where you live but the other day was the first day I actually saw a dvd playback kit on a shelf....xboxes are selling like hotcakes here! When I bought the xbox I knew there wasn't going to be games pumped out as soon as I bought it, but I was investing in the future! So if that is such a concern to you to where you are loosing sleep by all means just trade it in for a ps2!

guitargod711
05-16-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by bryanhls
What do you mean there are no games out?! Damn it, this console hasn't even been out a year yet.....Ps2 didn't have near the quality of great games out when it was released. Games are just starting to get pumped out. I am going to be broke! You really have nothing to be worried about! Xbox only lost online capibilities with EA not Ea all together....With sega and MS making great sports games EA can no longer compete....No one wants there outdated ****! I don't know where you live but the other day was the first day I actually saw a dvd playback kit on a shelf....xboxes are selling like hotcakes here! When I bought the xbox I knew there wasn't going to be games pumped out as soon as I bought it, but I was investing in the future! So if that is such a concern to you to where you are loosing sleep by all means just trade it in for a ps2!

I would never trade in my Xbox. You missed the whole point. As far as the xbox selling like hotcakes, it's not. We all know that and YOU need to come to terms with that. The box needs help right now and that's all their is to it. Believe what you want, but that is the 100% truth. I guess we'll see at E3 what is happening.Playback kits are scarce here too, i asked why, and the store manager said they only order a few of them a couple of weeks because he feels everybody has a dvd player. That's the kind of stupidity i'm talking about, and that's the kind of stupidity that could ruin our beloved box. The truth hurts, but sometimes we have to swallow it.

Kraft
05-16-2002, 10:45 AM
6 months and already 2 games to my knowlege have sold over 1 million. I know for a fact I couldn't sell hotcakes that fast...

Spaztic
05-16-2002, 10:46 AM
where do you live man? I am in kc and seriously the xbox is selling like mad here. I just don't know what you are talking about? Sorry, but I really don't feel like we have much to worry about. MS is not going to fail.

Spaztic
05-16-2002, 10:49 AM
kraft I am going to smack the holy b jesus out of you! You little sarcastic ****!

Kraft
05-16-2002, 10:52 AM
What? Im not that great at selling hotcakes, and 2 million of them is definately out of my reach. Either way, neither the Xbox or the hotcake industry is in any sort of immanent trouble right now.

by the way, brian, I am just a 3 1/2 hour drive away if you want to come and try to slap the crap out of me, or have a beer. Whatever floats your boat :)

guitargod711
05-16-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by bryanhls
where do you live man? I am in kc and seriously the xbox is selling like mad here. I just don't know what you are talking about? Sorry, but I really don't feel like we have much to worry about. MS is not going to fail.

I'm certainly glad to hear that it's doing well in KC. I am glad that bill has the funds to fix what's wrong and hope he will do so fast.I was just in Wentzville MO. for my nieces wedding (I live in WI) and seen that they bought their son a PS2. I asked why the hell would you do that (because he wanted an Xbox sooo bad) and they said the store clerk at walmart said not to buy an Xbox because they were starting to overheat and melt.THAT'S THE KIND OF S%IT THAT STORE CLERKS AND MANAGERS DO TO RUIN THE BOX. It really is sad

Spaztic
05-16-2002, 10:59 AM
just messing with you about that slapping stuff, its not my kinda thing......I didn't realize you were in St. Louis! I am going to six flags one of these weekends! I will give you a call and we can have a beer and halo fest or something...I will let you know when I will be comming out there!

Kraft
05-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Sounds cool, I'm always up for meeting fellow addicts :) oh, and guitar, yeah... thats a big crock of crap. You know, if I worked in a store or owned one and actually believe things like the xbox failing or overheating and stuff, I would be working my butt of trying to sell them so I could get them out of my stock and not be stuck with the bill! Stupid people. I think best buy is one of the most unbiased stores I have shopped at myself, it doesn't seem to matter to them if they get 200 bucks from an xbox or a ps2, so long as you buy something... and they will hype either system like it is the greatest thing since some caveman chieseled out the wheel.

l Maximus l
05-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Every new console to hit the market is not widely accepted. It's just a matter of time when the XBox will be the dominant console.

Remember back in the day that we all said "Let's play Nintendo", instead of just saying "Let's play video games!" ??? Well, in the past few years, it became "Let's play Playstation". Soon, it will be "Let's drink beer and play XBox" ;)

Duke
05-16-2002, 11:34 AM
I thought it was already "let's drink beer and play xbox"

LynxFX
05-16-2002, 02:16 PM
6 months and already 2 games to my knowlege have sold over 1 million. I know for a fact I couldn't sell hotcakes that fast...

3 games actually. :D That is very impressive. I think the Xbox has more games out( 65+ I think) than the PS2 did after only 6 months of being out. PS1 games do not count.

Developers need to learn that they have few restrictions in the graphics and audio department on the Xbox unlike they do on the PS2. Start flexing the Xbox muscles. Halo is lightweight compared to what this thing is really capable of.

Huckleberry
05-16-2002, 03:06 PM
What? Im not that great at selling hotcakes, and 2 million of them is definately out of my reach. Either way, neither the Xbox or the hotcake industry is in any sort of immanent trouble right now.

kraft, let me know when you start your hotcakes business. i hear chilly willy can eat those things like nobody's business. i've also been known to eat a few.

oh, and is imminent your word for today? i've noticed you using it at least twice today! bully for you...let's expand the withered and emaciated vocabulary of america!

and since st. louis and kc are both only about a 5 hour drive from here in chicago, come up for our 4 on 4 halo tournament this summer, have a beer, and let bryanhls kick the crap out of you!

Kraft
05-16-2002, 03:15 PM
Lol, sorry Huck. I'll make sure to toss in an 'impending' a 'looming' and an 'inevitable' in there now and then :D Immanent is still my preferred word though...

And I might make it up to chicago this summer. My aunt works on navy pier so I usually visit her now and then. I'll get in touch with you all if it looks like I am making the trip!

MixMasta
05-16-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Every new console to hit the market is not widely accepted. It's just a matter of time when the XBox will be the dominant console.

Remember back in the day that we all said "Let's play Nintendo", instead of just saying "Let's play video games!" ??? Well, in the past few years, it became "Let's play Playstation". Soon, it will be "Let's drink beer and play XBox" ;)

lol, i hope so

but remember, dreamcast was easy to copy games, xbox has microsoft and its not going to be easy to copy their games!!!

Anthony4sho
05-16-2002, 08:33 PM
I don't think u guyz should really wrry bout microsoft. I think i've got them figured out. I think Microsoft doesn't want to be the best, at least not right now. They're taking there time. Notice how they bought bungie and sega. All of their games will be xbox exclusives. They are going to keep conquering new areas in the gaming industry slowly until they have complete control, just like bill gates did before. Imagine if Xbox had bought nintendo? All the gamez that nintendo would come out with would be exclusives, like resident evil and super smash broz.

Bungie already came out with Halo, which i dunno why that game is so freakin good but i'm glad it is. If sega comes out with a couple more gamez lyk that, then i dont even think the ps2 and gamecube would last long, at least in the US. Anywayz, u guyz really shouldnt wrry about the xbox.

stingu
05-16-2002, 09:49 PM
GuitarGod: I'm certainly glad people neither listen to you or the store managers. Stop worry. The "box" isn't going anywhere. Only people like you who make mountains out of molehills are going somewhere -- and there "ain't" that many like you.

2 Million softare title sellers; better graphics and more advanced; more new games announced everyday. Plus, the North American and European user based will double. Give the Japanese time.

But STOP worry . . . and if you're losing sleep then get a PS2 as well. Can't hurt to have both!~

GokuX
05-16-2002, 10:13 PM
I hate to break it to you Guitar God, but the XBox failed before it launched. MS payed me to buy one so it would boost their sale numbers.:D

guitargod711
05-16-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by stingu
GuitarGod: I'm certainly glad people neither listen to you or the store managers. Stop worry. The "box" isn't going anywhere. Only people like you who make mountains out of molehills are going somewhere -- and there "ain't" that many like you.

2 Million softare title sellers; better graphics and more advanced; more new games announced everyday. Plus, the North American and European user based will double. Give the Japanese time.

But STOP worry . . . and if you're losing sleep then get a PS2 as well. Can't hurt to have both!~

I have many consoles. That's not the point. We'll just see what happens. I don't even know what your talking about. the store manager said the xbox overheats and tells many people that. I tell them it don't.I'm protecting our system you jerk. Learn to read and comprehend more and maybe you'll understand what i'm trying to say. Now go away with your 5 posts!!!!:)

OEM Alien
05-16-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by guitargod711
What I see happening to the Xbox is the same thing I seen happen to my Sega Saturn and Dreamcast. I absolutely love the Xbox and want it to succeed more than anything, but it really ain't looking good. Where I live you can buy xbox games for as low as $14.99 and it's pretty well placed in back of all the other consoles, including the original PSone. Developers are shying away from it like it's got a virus in it. Granted, microsoft has money to invest in it, but it seems as though they are doing nothing to make 3rd party developer (exclusive) game deals. Take a look at the new EGM. It's got a few xbox reviews and NO in depth review like they do for gamecube and PS2. And now it seems EA is starting to jump ship. Where's GTA 3 and Metal Gear Solid??? It would make more sense to say their coming out NOW , so more Xboxes will be sold than later. I don't even care about those games, but you'll be surprised at how many people are standing in line at Walmart to exchange their Xbox for a ps2 and 2 games to boot. It's sickening!!!And I'll ask : Why are you taking back your Xbox and they'll say there's not really many good games out for it and people believe the ps2 is equal if not superior. What a crock of sh*t!!!I still think Dreamcast was and still is a better system than ps2 but that certainly didn't get me anywhere.Dreamcast and Xbox are similar in a few ways
1. Their both great systems
2. They both have online capabilities without extra costs of an add-on.
3. The controllers are similar.
And the Dreamcast revolutionized gaming with the VMU, finally had a head start on ps2, 1 years worth and alot of killer games and it still failed.I just hope that the next thing they DON'T have in common would be that they both failed and lost support.Fu*king Sony. I HATE THOSE b**tards the only console that IS going to fail is gamecube, watch.

GokuX
05-16-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
the only console that IS going to fail is gamecube, watch.

I don't know if I'd go that far. I don't think anything except Nintendo stopping GC production could make it fail.

Nerrad529
05-17-2002, 12:24 AM
All I got to say is I had a ps2 and now I got xbox I had more fun playing halo than gta3 easier said than done nerrad529

stingu
05-17-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by guitargod711

I have many consoles. That's not the point. We'll just see what happens. I don't even know what your talking about. the store manager said the xbox overheats and tells many people that. I tell them it don't.I'm protecting our system you jerk. Learn to read and comprehend more and maybe you'll understand what i'm trying to say. Now go away with your 5 posts!!!!:)

Guitargod711: The Point is STOP WORRYING . . . who cares what the store manager says. I know store managers who badmouth the PS2. Who cares???? Why does it bother you so much?

And anyone who thinks it's a "overheating" in the process is a "jerk" as you would call them. Grow up. Stop taking it so personal. Moreover, as to my "5 posts" (now 6)-- I fortunately have better things to do with my time than worrying as you do. Get a life.

mercsix
05-17-2002, 10:37 PM
I think the story with the dreamcast is they had a great product but no marketing budget and it cost them, the same thing with the saturn. Several people at sega said as much, pointing to the fact that segas marketing budget was about a tenth of sonys and sony is also great at spreading misinformation at the right time to draw attention away from the competiton. I think Sony is scared that in MS they have meet their match in ruthless business practices. I am not worried that the Xbox will share the fate of the other platforms.