PDA

View Full Version : XBox Game Rentals in the US?

MisssMolly
05-16-2002, 09:42 AM
I'm living currently living in Panama, and we have this great gaming store here that actually has and Xbox and you can try out all the games before you buy them. It's a $1.50 per hour plus $0.50 for each additional person per hour.

I was wondering if anyone knows, if there exsists a place in the US with such a system?

Of course here the store has all the different gaming systems, PS, PS2, Nintendo... you name it they have it.

The problem here is the cheapest game is $75. So I typically order them from the states and have them sent here.

The Xbox unit was going for $480 here. So I bought mine in the US.

Molly

Kraft
05-16-2002, 09:55 AM
I rent games for 4 dollars for 4 days. I'm one of those people that usually only buys games if there is going to be awesome replay value (rpgs, sports, some action/adventure) and tend to shy away from 10-15 hours games for purchase. Renting gives me the chance to play and beat games for 10 bucks instead of 50.

Duke
05-16-2002, 11:22 AM
$4 for 5 days here.

MisssMolly
05-16-2002, 04:28 PM
They don't have take home rentals here. The store is equiped with Huge TV and all the different gaming boxs, including Xbox. I thought about opening a store in the States along the same line. When you goto the store and play the games there. You would get more than just the Xbox owners but also the Xbox want to be owners.

Molly

Plewis
05-16-2002, 05:29 PM
I only got a Block buster near me... and its 6 bucks for 5 1/2 days. I wouldnt do that Misssmolly because the whole Blockbuster rent before you buy thing is probably better than ur thing... It sounds like a good idea though... but y would you actually buy an xbox if you cant take the games home?