PDA

View Full Version : Who here lives outside the US? Is it easy to find Xbox games in your area?

MisssMolly
05-16-2002, 09:51 AM
I live in Panama. I bought my XBox in the US. I have access to games here but they are very expense. The XBox unit here goes for $480. Controlers are $40. Games run on average $75.

My husband went to El Salvador, they had games there too. He bought RalliSport Challenge there, I haven't seen it here in Panama yet.

I was just curious how many other people are from other parts of the world, other than the US?

What are the prices and availablity like in your country?

wweomaniac
05-16-2002, 07:25 PM
Ottawa, Canada

YES!

Electronic Boutiques
Future Shop

simple as that

Afro Aura
05-16-2002, 08:17 PM
I'm in the UK and I have to buy my games from an import shop as I have a US XBOX the cost for a typical game is around £55 to £60, I only buy US games if I have to wait for months before the game is released over here ie WWF Raw will be released over here in November (funny though I got the game had a play and I really didn't like it so I got myself a refund LOL)

I also have a UK XBOX the games are around £39 to £45

Boomer
05-16-2002, 08:39 PM
I'm about 6 hours away from wweomaniac (near london, onario) and there are ons of great places to buy the system and games, Wal-mart (where I get most of m games), Future shop, cost-co, Zellers, EB (electronics boutique), and compu-centre

Off Topic, for wweomaniac
Hey wweomaniac the first time I went to Ottowa (and so far has been he last) I broke my ankle by jumping over my brother, not spraining, breaking! I walked on it for 4 hours and at 11:00PM my dad told me to take my sock off. My ankle was much! bigger then normal (hehe) went to the hospital and I had to wait an hour and half until someone finally looked at my ankle and then put a cast on it.

had a damn cast on for two weeks, that was one trip I don't think I'll ever forget but zctually want to forget :rolleyes: lol

BCan
05-17-2002, 07:09 AM
I live in Australia, and there is a relatively well spread amount of stores stocking the XBOX console - I think all of the Coles-Myer chain, EB and most PC stores (I think), but it seems that just about everyone has the games...

Games cost $90 - $100 Aussie Dollars, so about $50 - $55 US
Console @ $388 - Everyone price matches the cheapest one!! $210 - $215 US.

Plus we have PAL, so our games are a higher res on a normal TV!

Afro Aura
05-17-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by BCan

Plus we have PAL, so our games are a higher res on a normal TV!
yeah ain't that the truth Halo looks a lot better on my PAL XBOX not that it didn't look bad on my US XBOX but with those extra scan lines it does look damn pretty

MOrgE
05-17-2002, 12:09 PM
I'm from a small town near Toronto, Ontario and i just bought my X-Box last night. Being the small town that it is (population approx. 25,000), i was suprised as to how many units they had of the X-Box. Maybe because it was an Electronic Boutique.... but either way... no shortage in my part of the world...

oh yeah... first post... wooohhoooo!! :cool:

Magnum Blast
05-17-2002, 06:18 PM
I live in Ottawa Canada and I like to head over to my local microplay. They let you preorder games for free (you get put on a list though so do it asap for popular games) and I find the people there acctually know things about video games.