PDA

View Full Version : WWE Crush Hour...WTF?!?

RudedogX
05-16-2002, 11:53 AM
The following was from a wrestling website Lordsofpain.net...

"WWE Press Release:

World Wrestling Entertainment Superstars Get Behind the Wheel as "WWE Crush Hour" Is Unveiled

First World Wrestling Entertainment Licensed Car Combat Game Announced For Every Next Generation Platform

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 16, 2002-- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI - News) and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAKK - News) today announced "WWE(TM) Crush Hour(TM)." The first ever car combat experience featuring World Wrestling Entertainment(TM) Superstars allows players to engage in battle across 12 intense levels littered with deadly traps and hazards. Developed by THQ subsidiary Pacific Coast Power & Light Co.®, "WWE Crush Hour" is the latest videogame based on the highly popular World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE: WWF - News) license and will be available early 2003 for the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox(TM) video game system from Microsoft and Nintendo GameCube(TM).

"We developed these fantasy vehicles by working closely with World Wrestling Entertainment to ensure true to character development and storyline," said Peter Dille, vice president, marketing, THQ. "If the Rock® is going to get behind the wheel of a sports car personalized especially for him, we want to make sure that all of his attitude and personality is accurately portrayed in the vehicle."

"THQ's goal with `WWE Crush Hour' is to extend the World Wrestling Entertainment license to the growing action genre while offering a new and unique gaming experience that appeals to wrestling fans and action gamers alike," said Don Traeger, president, Pacific Coast Power & Light Co. "`WWE Crush Hour' takes all of the attitude and drama of the World Wrestling Entertainment brand and blends it with intense vehicular combat to create a compelling gaming experience."

"World Wrestling Entertainment gamers will now have even more realism when the suped-up vehicles predominantly featured in programming make their videogame debut in `WWE Crush Hour,'" stated Nelo Lucich, director of interactive, JAKKS Pacific. "This action-packed title across all platforms will pair each Superstar with their signature personalized vehicle and will incorporate a brand new game play for the World Wrestling Entertainment video game line."

About "WWE Crush Hour"

"WWE Crush Hour" features more than 30 fantasy, personalized Superstar vehicles including Hollywood Hulk Hogan's(TM) sports car, Big Show's(TM) big rig, The Rock's luxury sports car and Stone Cold Steve Austin's(TM) jacked up monster truck. Players will be able to compete in multiple match types including ladder and hardcore matches modified for insane car combat. World Wrestling Entertainment fans can also annihilate opponents with multiple weapons customized for each vehicle or grab power-ups to really put the hurtin' on their foe. "WWE Crush Hour" utilizes unparalleled driving physics with the "Powerslide Advantage" allowing quick 180 degree turns, strafing attacks and pinpoint cornering. World Wrestling Entertainment's very own Jim Ross(TM) gives on-the-fly commentary and players will be able to taunt opposing drivers with signature phrases from their favorite Superstar.

For more information about the THQ/JAKKS Pacific World Wrestling Entertainment videogame franchises and the rest of THQ's 2002 line-up, visit www.thq.com. "

I'm sorry, as much as I like wrestling, why would you by a game filled with wrestlers racing cars?!?

Ninja Scroll
05-16-2002, 12:00 PM
dido on da "WTF"!?

Their must be some kinda explination for this! It just doesnt make any sense!:eek:

RudedogX
05-16-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
dido on da "WTF"!?

Their must be some kinda explination for this! It just doesnt make any sense!:eek:

Thank you! I thought that I was going crazy with that feelin'! As I said, I watch wrestling, but what the hell is the point of a wrestling game if you're racing?!?

l Maximus l
05-16-2002, 12:20 PM
Wrestling superstars in cars! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

DZNUTZ
05-16-2002, 12:30 PM
i skipped this article cuz i just thought they changed the name of raw2.

this new title indeed sounds very "corky thatcher"

Spaztic
05-16-2002, 12:35 PM
very lame!

RudedogX
05-16-2002, 02:13 PM
funny...I scooped the homepage!:eek:

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-16-2002, 02:34 PM
i would buy it.

VeNoMiZA
05-16-2002, 03:17 PM
MAN THQ ****ING UP BIG TIME THEY SUC ASS NOW grr:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hellraisr
05-18-2002, 03:51 PM
yeah this looks like a really stupid idea.. they just want to make lots of mone (WWE, that is) and don't care what the heck they release as long as suckers will buy it.

FloBuzz
05-26-2002, 08:52 PM
Weird, its like they ran out of ideas or something.

They should still to what they do best.....WRESTLING!

Not driving around some freaky cars and trying to make the new age Twistel Metal game.

lllSmokelll
05-31-2002, 10:25 PM
man id buy it and i will buy it, its gonna have hulk and thats enough for me

y2kash_14
06-11-2002, 03:34 AM
you aren't really....serious about buying this crap are you??.....im a wrestling fan to but this game seems way to desperate.........hey, i got an idea, lets use the WWE Liscense make a Monster Truck game!.......feh