PDA

View Full Version : Why do i keep reading that XBOX has "No good games out"???

Highlite23
05-16-2002, 01:13 PM
I don't know about everyone else but i don't get this...

What 67 games out and NONE of them meet your needs???

67 games in what, 6 months.

If you don't see anything good your not playing any games on this sytem, rent a few, you may be surprised.

As for the future...have you seen the titles coming out??

COME ON PEOPLE, "NO GOOD GAMES"??

ADDICTS, HELP ME OUT HERE.........:rolleyes:

Xtopia
05-16-2002, 01:16 PM
I have asked my self the same question! In fact, I am in the opposite delima! I think there are too many great games! And I would own more...but I just can't stop playing Halo!!!!!!!:cool:

BORNGD
05-16-2002, 01:21 PM
i think the answer is, people who dont have a xbox look and see, NO metal gear solid, gta (even if we are getting those), NO EA MAdden in the future from what i have read, NO mario, sonic, resident evil...they just look at the "popular" side of the industry and see we dont have any of that right now, those big "NAMES"...

i of course dissagree with this, i think there are alot of good quality games!

silvertrace
05-16-2002, 01:29 PM
there are quite a few top notch games out for the xbox, but alot of people will only look at the negative:rolleyes:

take for instance kabuki warriors, shrek, nightcaster, and the list can go on.....these are sub-par games that can't compare to the A-list titles for da box............

all i'm tryin to say is that the bad over-shadows the good sometimes, and maybe games like this are in wrongly in the spotlight instead of halo, pgr, nfl fever, rallisport, tony hawk2/3, oddworld, amped, doa3................the list goes on..........:eek: :cool: :eek:

OppiumNitrates
05-16-2002, 01:45 PM
i keep reaidn the same thing and i just say to myslef "is this guy serious". . .people just dont know what there talkin about. . . besides when games r mulit platform y is it that the Xbox get exclusive goodies
ex. an extra boss in spider man. . . . THPS2x has extra levels . . and im sure that when MGS S come out we're getting somting extra

Ninja Scroll
05-16-2002, 02:15 PM
I respect all the previous post, and ya'll opinions, but I guess im one of those who feels the lack in quality titles for the Xbox in it's first 6 months.

Other than the classic Halo what else Xbox games can you call a classic?
Yeah Genma Onimusha, DOA3, and a few others are alright games with flashy graphical visuals. But their are just no killer apps now, and has not been since the mighty system selling Halo.

Now I feel I jsut buy Xbox games just to have something to do. Max Lame sucked, Gunavalkyrie sucked, Spider-Man is multi-platform and it is weak in my opinion.
I could go on and on. Am I happy with my Xbox? Yes! Do I think the first 6 months were a collection of mostly lame ass games? Yes I do.
I have been so disappionted with trash like RAW it's sad.
But I jsut look down the road for games likr Hunter: The Reckoning, Brute Force, Shenmue II and Project Let Go My EGO!:D

I know everything will be okay, but I do feel a little let down with the first generation of software. Am I wrong?:)

Ukyo
05-16-2002, 02:19 PM
I liked Gunvalkyrie... :p

DrUnKtAnK
05-16-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

If you don't see anything good your not playing any games on this sytem, rent a few, you may be surprised.

ADDICTS, HELP ME OUT HERE.........:rolleyes:

Actual there is 70 out in the US as of 05-16-2002:)

Ninja Scroll
05-16-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo
I liked Gunvalkyrie... :p

Me too, for da first 30 minutes until I realized this game blows wall nutz out it's mushroom platform jumping ass!:rolleyes:

Japester64
05-16-2002, 03:25 PM
I agree. There are only 2 or 3 games that I can actually say are great games. Halo is one. What I am really getting sick of is when I am getting really excited for some decent games to start coming out and I start doing the countdown and then they #^&@#*&ing push the release date back. 'This has been delayed' 'this has been pushed back' blah blah blah. I thought May was supposed to be "the month" when games start rolling out. All I have seen is Burnout. You have to be crappin' me. You guys will say "juts wait until Morrowind". I guarantee come next week they will push it back again.....

OppiumNitrates
05-16-2002, 03:44 PM
i disagree Ninja. . .
must haves Halo - DOA3 - PGR
Amped is prob the best snowbaording game made and its exclusive

Blood Omen is an awsome game too. . .

i mean com'n the machine is only 7 months old .. . .
u got a list of the PS2 games in the first 7 months and i can garentee it is shoter and less appealing

and Japester i really think Morrowind is coming out on the 24 cauz its the first date that almost all the place iv check has. . .but earlier there was like a months difference between dates from site to site and store to store

l Maximus l
05-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Ninja...dude, I really wish you would atleast SEE Halo being played on-line. You wouldn't want another game for a long time! If you are a fan of Halo, you would absolutely love playing it on-line! It's so damn addicting it's amazing!

I'm also a HUGE fan of Rallisport Challenge. It's my personal favorite racing game of all time! That's a huge compliment since I am a die hard racing fan.

Also, Amped is mind-blowing...I love it! I can't get enough of that game...I'm really looking forward to the sequel :D

Those are my top three games that I own and play on a regular basis. I have 11 games right now and I plan on trading the ones I don't play anymore for new ones.

I'm definately keeping Project Gotham Racing and Oddworld. And, I'll probably hold onto Fever 2002 until 2003 comes out so I can play on-line via XBox Live! :)

OEM Alien
05-16-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

ADDICTS, HELP ME OUT HERE.........:rolleyes: i agree. 67 games on xbox and none are worth buying EXCEPT FOR THE SPORTS GAMES because they have infinite replayability. all the other games so far have ALL been way to short to be worth buying. therefore xbox has NEARLY no good games. the games themself are AWSOME, but they're to focking SHORT! therefore they suck bigtime!
the end
:)

dougi3000
05-17-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
i agree. 67 games on xbox and none are worth buying EXCEPT FOR THE SPORTS GAMES because they have infinite replayability. all the other games so far have ALL been way to short to be worth buying. therefore xbox has NEARLY no good games. the games themself are AWSOME, but they're to focking SHORT! therefore they suck bigtime!
the end
:)

eh.. can you list some games that are NOT "focking" short (besides sports games) on other consoles systems?

Maybe the developers can get an idea of what the hell are you are talking about.

wals9331
05-17-2002, 11:54 AM
Microsoft doesnt have any good games out. It takes more then 6 months to start producing sweet games. I only bought 2 games for the first 8 months when i got a ps2. Then the sweet games started adding up. I ended up buying 6 games in 1 month for the thing. Just wait....cool games will come out.

Japester64
05-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Morrowind pushed back to the 28th. I told you so. But just wait, once next week comes it will get pushed back until June or July. This is so funny. All I can do is laugh at this point. RELEASE SOME GOOD GAMES!!! AHHHHH!