PDA

View Full Version : Mad Catz controller and the new controller S

Veno
05-16-2002, 02:49 PM
I own 2 mad catz controllers with the nice rubber grips and 2 regular xbox controllers. I prefer my green glow mad catz one, so my question is: whats better, controller s or mad catz? I have pretty small hands, so is it worth it to buy a 5th controller just for the comfort?

l Maximus l
05-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Well, of course, it depends on your likeness. Personally, I would like to demo an S-Controller before I consider buying one.

Taranis
05-16-2002, 03:19 PM
I had a cheap Performance controller for my Dreamcast. It was about the same size as the regular Xbox controller. So, when I realized this, I discounted everyone who complained about the size of the Xbox controller. Not to mention that the button layout is very similar, as is it is similar to the original DC controller as well.

I say all this to get to my point that I feel the Controller S is too small. I must have big hands or something.

Anyway, if you like the MadCatz controllers so much, why would you want to buy something else. Like I said, the buttons on the "S" are too close for my fat fingers. If your hands are that small, maybe the "S" would fit you, but I don't think it would be so much better than your MadCatz already

*edit* I forgot to mention that at my local Best Buy, they have a "S" hooked up to their demo Xbox, along with one regular controller. That's how I figured out it was too small.

Veno
05-16-2002, 03:23 PM
The reason why I like the Mad Catz is the rubber grips, I usualy play 8-10 hours every friday night at a 8 player halo party, and my hands get realllly sweaty. With the regular xbox controller my hands slip and I make mistakes, it's ezier to grip onto the controller better hence the name "rubber grips".

MixMasta
05-16-2002, 03:23 PM
i tried the controller s out at best buy and it is a nice alternative for small hands. im going to pick one up probably, but right now i have no problem with the normal m$ xbox controller, it fits like a glove

MixMasta
05-16-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Veno
The reason why I like the Mad Catz is the rubber grips, I usualy play 8-10 hours every friday night at a 8 player halo party, and my hands get realllly sweaty. With the regular xbox controller my hands slip and I make mistakes, it's ezier to grip onto the controller better hence the name "rubber grips".

that is a nice feature, maybe u could try just putting grip tape on your controller

OEM Alien
05-17-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Veno
I own 2 mad catz controllers with the nice rubber grips and 2 regular xbox controllers. I prefer my green glow mad catz one, so my question is: whats better, controller s or mad catz? I have pretty small hands, so is it worth it to buy a 5th controller just for the comfort? whew! i personaly thought the origonal BIG xbox controller was the best i've ever used. then i got an s controller and man that things even MORE solid than the origonal! s controller is easily the best controller ever. :)

Master Gracey
05-17-2002, 12:26 AM
I hope MS never stops making the big controller... It's nice to have a controller that doesn't feel like it's going to break apart in my hands.

For comparison, if I put the tips of my thumbs together and the tips of my index fingers together, I can fit the whole large controller through the hole without pulling my fingers apart. My hands are 10 inches from wrist to fingertip and 10 inches from thumb to pinky (this comes in handy since I'm a piano player). At first, I had a problem with my thumb hitting all 4 buttons at once, but I soon learned to play around it. My brother bought a Mad Catz controller and I thought I'd break it... I also tried the s controller and thought the same thing.

Hopefully, MS will keep both controllers around for a very long time so everybody has a choice in size. :D