PDA

View Full Version : EBX Return Policy...

P-Rock
05-16-2002, 04:52 PM
I think I am posting this a little too late, but In December 2001, EBX and the whole Electronic Boutique chain changed their return policy.

Before, you could buy a game, open it, and try it. That helped you decide if you wanted to keep the game or not. Even if you opened it, you could return it and get a full refund.

But ever since December 2001, they changed it. You can buy a game and if you do not open it, you can return it for a full refund. However, if you do open it, you can return it in exchange for another game. Once you get that other game, you can't return it no matter what.

This sucks because, instead of renting games, I always used to buy games, play them, and return them if I didn't like them. I didn't do it a lot, but it let me try out the game, and try it out for 10 days instead of Blockuster's 1-3 day rental. Then I could make the decision if I wanted to keep it, and I probably kept more than I returned.

I know all of you are like, "Yeah, I already knew that", but I don't think anyone has ever posted it and described how they felt about it. How do you guys feel about the new return policy?

CALzinger
05-16-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by WolverineX
I think I am posting this a little too late, but In December 2001, EBX and the whole Electronic Boutique chain changed their return policy.

Before, you could buy a game, open it, and try it. That helped you decide if you wanted to keep the game or not. Even if you opened it, you could return it and get a full refund.

But ever since December 2001, they changed it. You can buy a game and if you do not open it, you can return it for a full refund. However, if you do open it, you can return it in exchange for another game. Once you get that other game, you can't return it no matter what.

This sucks because, instead of renting games, I always used to buy games, play them, and return them if I didn't like them. I didn't do it a lot, but it let me try out the game, and try it out for 10 days instead of Blockuster's 1-3 day rental. Then I could make the decision if I wanted to keep it, and I probably kept more than I returned.

I know all of you are like, "Yeah, I already knew that", but I don't think anyone has ever posted it and described how they felt about it. How do you guys feel about the new return policy?

yep, i have heard that before, but truly, blockbuster gives u around 5 days and i think that is by far enough time to test out ur game or decide. i dont blame ya, that new return policy sucks a$s

faceoff508
05-16-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger

yep, i have heard that before, but truly, blockbuster gives u around 5 days and i think that is by far enough time to test out ur game or decide. i dont blame ya, that new return policy sucks a$s

I agree!

DZNUTZ
05-16-2002, 05:26 PM
damn i know a major loop hole in this new policy that would make things all better...i use it all the time, which in a way is making me hesitant in sharing...my thought is if it starts happening at every EB..they will correct the loophole and i'll be S.O.L.
think hard enuff..i promise u their is a way around this new change.

Scarlet Spider
05-16-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
damn i know a major loop hole in this new policy that would make things all better...i use it all the time, which in a way is making me hesitant in sharing...my thought is if it starts happening at every EB..they will correct the loophole and i'll be S.O.L.
think hard enuff..i promise u their is a way around this new change.

wow, this is one of the few times i want my brain to work

i just love that alien

tech
05-17-2002, 01:26 AM
What? Buy the used version of the game?

P-Rock
05-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Cmon Nutz, you can tell us. Its not like the whole world browses this forum, (even though they should).

Let your fellow XBox Addicts know, its only loyal to us.

However if you decide not to, my AIM Screen Name and Email are on my sig. Email it to me or something. Thanks!