PDA

View Full Version : Official Hunter: The Reckoning Thread

maneatingcow
05-16-2002, 08:22 PM
Post up all of your thoughts/reviews on one of the latest XBox titles, Hunter: The Reckoning, here.

But don't forget to add your own review to the site. It could help you win big :eek:

Can't wait to see this title!

koobz
05-17-2002, 10:34 AM
I just wish it would come out already. Getting tired of waiting for it.

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:44 AM
Personally, it looks like a Gauntlet-style hack and slash with purdy graphics. I'll have to wait for the final version before I pass final judgement on the game, but so far it looks shallow, like it'll get boring fast and have low replayability, and the controls seem sloppy. Not to mention lots of clipping I've seen in the videos. *secures himself under a plastic bubble for the oncoming thrashing from Hunter fans*

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 04:18 PM
IGN gave Hunter The Reckoning an 8.7 out of 10! I htink it deserves more... I will post the review here after a few days becaus its locked right now!

RadRider
05-18-2002, 04:27 PM
That sounds a little high. If they rated the game that high, maybe I'll give it a try. Although, they are pretty partial to Sega games, giving some of the worst games I've ever played scores in the high 8's, sometimes 9's even. And yes, I know Hunter isn't made by Sega. :p

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-18-2002, 04:33 PM
dang! u think 8.7 is high for hunter u gotta be kidding me or u dhave no taste what so ever.they should have given it a 9.9.

Marc
05-18-2002, 04:40 PM
How the hell are they reviewing the game when it hasn't even been released? It is released on the 23rd of May, I think. Did they get advance copies???

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Marc
How the hell are they reviewing the game when it hasn't even been released? It is released on the 23rd of May, I think. Did they get advance copies???

Yep..reviewers get to paly it first!

RadRider
05-18-2002, 04:49 PM
Before they send games off to get printed, they probably burn a few dev versions of the game and send it to all the critics with XDK's who can play it.
And man PROUDXBOXOWNER, what the hell? I think it looks like a crappy game, therefore I think 8.7 is a high score. Regardless, 8.7 is a high score, be it a good game or a bad game. Just because you personally think that Hunter is the best game ever made, hands down, doesn't mean that it really is. Reviewers rate games based on their overall design, how well they accomplish what they set out to do, how well they compare against other games, and their appeal to different audiences. They don't just rate a game based on it's "that seems cool" factor.

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 04:53 PM
They also rate it on how good the game is, includin its platform! For example if Halo came on the PS2 then it would be using 100% of the PS2's power, but if it was on the Xbox it would have a lower rating beacuse its not using the Xbox's potential!

fear_this
05-18-2002, 05:54 PM
I dont know, IGN rates pretty tuff. And also, 8.7 if you look at it isnt really that far away from a perfect score. 8.7 isnt bad, its really good. So dont let that get to you. I think the game is great and everything and im with you and shyt. But still 8.7 isnt that bad.

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 06:13 PM
Its not a good score if yo consider that they gave Bloodwake an 8.4 !!

Snoopy7548
05-18-2002, 06:32 PM
faceoff, u have an insider account? whats your username and password? lol, can u have 2 people logged onto the same account at the same time?:D

azmodan
05-18-2002, 07:00 PM
they gave morrowind(pc version) a 9.4

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
faceoff, u have an insider account? whats your username and password? lol, can u have 2 people logged onto the same account at the same time?:D

I dont have an insider acount! I just know because it has it on the front page! When its unlocked I will post it here!

smashnp934
05-19-2002, 01:01 AM
I trust IGN reviews to help decide if I should get a particular game or not. They are usually that dang accurate! ya wUrd!!

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Wait a minute. I thought reckoning comes out on the 21. How do we know what it really deserves. However from what i've seen it looks pretty sick. I hope it gets as high as it deserves.

MixMasta
05-19-2002, 01:13 PM
8.7 is good for me! im getting it, it looks sweet!

Shadow20002
05-19-2002, 02:10 PM
I am just can hold me now. How long i need to wait for this explosive title for my next-gen console ? I know that it will be out the next week, but in many sites, there are no publishs, no ads or something related to this title. I am confused. And also Future Shop did'nt show any sign of it.

tooka
05-19-2002, 04:25 PM
what is the release date

Dutch
05-19-2002, 07:31 PM
I'm gonna rent this one first, i dunno if a game like this is my cup of tea

tWoTOMA
05-19-2002, 08:50 PM
One of my favorite games ever is the arcade classic GoldenAxe. Gauntlet was ok, but it didn't have the same feel as the classic. Hopefully Hunter will. The game has a great premise, a great platform to run on, and a lot of potential. I'll have to wait to rent it before i review it, but any game that you can pop in and play with 3 friends seems like a good idea.

Nerrad529
05-20-2002, 03:36 AM
Game looks great i'll have to rent it first though. Don't have no money right now:confused:

Spaztic
05-20-2002, 10:00 AM
this game is going to rock so much! Music by coma! If you all remember gauntlet only got like a 6.5 and IMO that game totally kicked ass! So I will be checking my mail very shorty! You all will know I like it if I don't come back here for awhile!

Spaztic
05-20-2002, 05:18 PM
just went to interplay.com to check my order....it is in shipping status....I wonder if they shipped this game and I am going to recieve it tommorow (the release date). That would be so sweet!

*urinates pants thinking about the possibility!*

Azazel
05-20-2002, 06:40 PM
Brylanis
Make sure you give us one of your reviews ASAP. I am interested in getting the game, but want to hear first impressions before I shell out $50.

Your last morrowind preview really helped out! Thanks

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 06:45 PM
Yeah, tell us what it's like.

Jrh1543
05-20-2002, 11:11 PM
my hunter shipped from interplay today also, i think iput it on 2 day shipping. so is that tommorow wednsday or thursday?
the world may never know
ill post my review though, but if i cant get my hand unstuck from the controller, i wont be able to post

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 10:08 AM
checked my order from interplay....they actually shipped it saturday so I should have it in my mail by 12 today. When I get home tonight and give it a whirl! I will post my pre-review tomorrow....or tonight if I can peel myself away from the game!:D

MOrgE
05-22-2002, 09:25 AM
i got 6 hours left at work... and i'm deciding whether or not to hit up the local EB and purchase the new Hunter game.

If anyone... somebody... could post even a small review of how the game is, i would really apprecaite it...

thanks guys!! :p

RadRider
05-22-2002, 11:24 AM
You guys should check out Van-XBA's thread about Hunter. He gives impressions there.

VAN
05-22-2002, 11:35 AM
If you want to know how Hunter is, check my thread in this forum called "How's Hunter: The Reckoning....."

I got the game yesterday, and yes, it does meet and exceed expectations.

John002
05-22-2002, 11:40 AM
I'm picking this one up. I've been eagerly awaiting it and that rating sounds good to me.:cool:

faceoff508
05-22-2002, 01:38 PM
I just got Hunter! I am going to play it now and I will tell you how its like!

DZNUTZ
05-22-2002, 01:57 PM
hey i heard a few folks saying they got their hands on hunter yesterday.....well whats the dilly yo? hook us others that are waiting to receive up with the 411...what are ya'lls first impressions?

faceoff508
05-22-2002, 02:00 PM
I just got it, I am playing it now, and its AWSOMEE!!

Spaztic
05-22-2002, 02:06 PM
just got mine in the mail...my girl just confirmed w/ me I will be playing it as soon as I get off of work!

VAN
05-22-2002, 02:14 PM
DZNUTZ, you really should consider venturing into the other forums on this board. I received my copy of Hunter: The Reckoning yesterday, and I posted quite a few comments yesterday.

For a brief moment, I considered posting my thoughts in here..General Discussion. But then I realized that I wouldn't be setting a very good example by posting a thread about a NEW RELEASE in a forum other than the one that has been designated for new Releases.

Hunter is a new release, and any user comments regarding the game belong in that forum.

Here is what I had to say...

How's Hunter: The Reckoning? Got mine today...
...and it is awesome!

Been playing for just over an hour (by myself) and am having a hell of a time completing level 3. Grrr.

Graphics are fantastic, controls are intuitive, and the music really sets the mood. I'm pretty sure the environments look nice also, the only problem is that you cant take your eyes off of the 20+ zombies that are creeping in on you long enough to really get a look at your surroundings.

I'll post a full review after 10 hours of play, so keep an eye open.

If you like blood...this game is for you. There is more blood in this game than I've ever seen before in a console title. I've only found a few weapons so far, but for themost part they all are great. (didnt really care for the pistol)

I'm gonna get back to playing.....

If I had to review this game right now...4outta 5 stars. Lets hope it remains this good throughout the various levels in the game.

...and later last night came these comments....

Ok, Ive played Hunter for maybe 6 hours total, and I think I'm about halfway through the game.

Does the game still kick ass?

Yes!

Those who have compared this game to "gauntlet", are really making a poor comparison. Sure, this game allows 4 player simultaneous play--but thats the only similairty.

While the basis of the game is "hack'n slash" everything in sight, it is much more than that.

Levels are mission-based.

There is switch-throwing.

There is key-finding.

There is "innocent" rescuing".

There are boss battles. (hint: dont f*ck with a possessed teddy bear)

To use the modern-day lingo of todays teens--this game OWNS!

A note of caution. Hunter: The Reckoning is a thumb-buster. While some folks may think they are skilled players and will try to form some kind of strategy with which to dispatch the undead that come at you from everywhere, the game quickly becomes a button-mashing hack fest.

This is not a bad thing, however.

Strategy does come in to play at times, just not very often.

I have discovered several of what I believe to be "secret areas", and have had numerous weapons in my possession. The weapons just keep getting better. But they have to, because the enemies keep getting better.

I've now racked up somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 kills, and each kill feels better than the last.

Watching a creeps head take a bounce or 2 on the ground after I have lopped it off with my sword is pure bliss.

Gone are the days of the "flicker and fade-out" way of getting corpses off of your screen. Kill a zombie, rabid sewer rat, hellhound, or other creature, and they turn to dust and drift aweay in the wind. Very cool effect.

My thumbs are aching, guys, but it's the kind of ache that signifies a truly great game--and Hunter is that.

I'm halfway through the game, and already looking forward to going back through the game with the other characters, taking more time to kill all creatures, and searching out more hidden areas.

This game already has replay value, and I've yet to finish it the first time.

Cut scenes are well done, though I would have liked to see a bit more effort put into the animation.

One gripe I have is with swordplay. When launching an attack with an edged weapon, your character seems to do combos at the worst possible time. On occasion, I'll swipe my sword at a zombie, only to misswith an "accidental combo". Now I am forced to wait for the combo to completely play through before I can re-attack.

Hint: If you hear scorching guitar music fade in....get ready for a fight. Music such as this generally signifies the beginning of a huge 30 vs 1 battle...and these battles are a blast.

I predict this game will be the next million-seller, and after more people get their hands on it, you can rest assured that it will debut and remain in the XBA top 5 for a long time.

BUY THIS GAME. You won't be disappointed.

If you feel like responding to my comments, please do so in the original thread, which can be found here:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13907

Thanks. :)

Spaztic
05-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Yeah DZNUTZ! Move it on!

Veno
05-22-2002, 02:18 PM
Interesting, but 6 hours half the game in 1 player? How could there be any replay value?

Spaztic
05-22-2002, 02:21 PM
so that means there is 12 hrs. of gameplay total....Van then stated that this game is so fun that he is going to play it though with other characters, so 12 hrs x 4 hunters = 48 hrs. not bad!

anthrax0r
05-22-2002, 02:21 PM
did anyone who preorder it from EB get theirs yet?

VAN
05-22-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Interesting, but 6 hours half the game in 1 player? How could there be any replay value? Please note that I was merely guessing when I said I was halfway through. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell how far along you are, as the "Hunters Manual" does not provide an outline of the game stages. It is quite possible that I am only 1/4 finished.

We do know that there are approx 25 or so levels in the game, but I can't really tell when a particular level has ended. If it is at each green "save point", then I am indeed halfway through the game.

As for replay value, I stated before that the game has already got me wanting to play again. If it is only a 12 hour game, you can multiply that by 4 (4 characters - each with different sub-stories) then you have 48 hours of gaming fun.

Also, the main menu contains 2 modes that are locked at the beginning. One is "Nightmare Mode", and the other I cannot immediately recall.

Replay value? Oh yeah. :)

l Maximus l
05-22-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
Please note that I was merely guessing when I said I was halfway through. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell how far along you are, as the "Hunters Manual" does not provide an outline of the game stages. It is quite possible that I am only 1/4 finished.

We do know that there are approx 25 or so levels in the game, but I can't really tell when a particular level has ended. If it is at each green "save point", then I am indeed halfway through the game.

As for replay value, I stated before that the game has already got me wanting to play again. If it is only a 12 hour game, you can multiply that by 4 (4 characters - each with different sub-stories) then you have 48 hours of gaming fun.

Also, the main menu contains 2 modes that are locked at the beginning. One is "Nightmare Mode", and the other I cannot immediately recall.

Replay value? Oh yeah. :)

Not only that, but, Hunter has even more replay value since you can play up to 4 people all at once!! :D I'm so damn pumped up for this game...I'm getting it first thing tomorrow!! :D

studepaber
05-23-2002, 12:56 PM
Ha I just picked up and played this game on my lunch break and let's just say I was late getting back to work. This game rules on so many levels people. If you have no friends Hunter may be a rent only, but otherwise do yourself a favor and get it!

Veno
05-23-2002, 10:18 PM
Van, how does the level system work? Let's say you just beat the game, is it like in halo where you can just go back to any level and play through it? Or do you have to start all over?

D-Dubbs
05-24-2002, 10:29 AM
This game has been out for a few days, at least for people who ordered online, but I have been to 3 Toys R us, 2 Wal Mart, K-Mart, Fry's, Comp USA, Several places in the malls, Best Buy, and this game is not in San Diego. The only Place I didnot go to was Game STop in one of the malls, They over charge so much...m,ore than ANY other place does so I don't go there. I have been checking since Su, because i was looking for another game I wanted, but it has been delayed to my dismay, so....I know the game isn't sold out or anything like that.....this Town just doesn't have it. If it is here,will someone please tell me where it is???? I am about to give up on this game and go buy a better one.
Later.

John002
05-24-2002, 12:24 PM
I don't know if you'll find a better game. Most in this thread think Hunter's great. The demand is high right now, and they're flying off the shelves.:eek:

JJaX
05-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Veno
Van, how does the level system work? Let's say you just beat the game, is it like in halo where you can just go back to any level and play through it? Or do you have to start all over?

You get to a save point. You save your game there. All stats, exp, health are saved to that one file. You dont have profiles, You have saved files.

Felon
05-24-2002, 01:05 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

faceoff508
05-24-2002, 05:53 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME. I encourage everybody to buy it!!

pounder
05-24-2002, 10:36 PM
this game is a definite buy..i got it when i traded in my p0s1 and a buncha games..so you could say i got the game for free...ah how sweet it is..funny thing is I started playing and got almost through the second level in the city..and i couldnt save it..so i just shut it off, and will redo it again..i didnt care, i had so much fun playing the level ill go at it again and again..

borka105
05-24-2002, 11:22 PM
i bought this game at 9p.m. easter time. Got home and was like ok I wil play for 1:30 hrs max, and end up playing for 3hrs. God this game kicks so mcuh ass. I really am not into scray games a.ka. RE. So I took a risk when I bought hunter because of the great things all you board members have been saying about it.

So what is hUNTER...........It's pure fun!!!!!!!!!Unlike RE which tries to scare the heck out of you, this game is a ton of fun.......Once you start playing it you can't stop. It's got that little fear factor, but it's at the perfect leverl where you are not scared but you also aren't at peace. I had so much playing it today that I can't waite to paly some more. I stopped at the Teddy Bear Boss.

-Borka105

VAN
05-24-2002, 11:34 PM
UPDATE! I finished Hunter earlier today, and my game time was right at 16 hours. Much longer than I had planned. :)

The length of the game is really dependant upon who's playing it. If you take the time to kill EVERYTHING you see, and save EVERY innocent, and hunt out EVERY secret area, the game time quickly approaces 20-25 hours.

Conversely, if you simply run past many enemies and skip a few innocents while not bothering to go off the beaten path, I'd imagine the game can be finished in as little as 12 hours the first time through.

borka105
05-24-2002, 11:38 PM
Yeah but if you do that you will never get that green light to continue. Because the onl y way it turns green is if you complteed all teh objectives and if you run by things that will never happen.

-Borka105

VAN
05-24-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by borka105
Yeah but if you do that you will never get that green light to continue. Because the onl y way it turns green is if you complteed all teh objectives and if you run by things that will never happen.

-Borka105

Killing everything is only an objective in 2 areas i believe. For most of the game, you can skip most zombies...especially if you luck out and kill the keyholder first. :)

John002
05-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Man, I can't get this in my area.
It's sold out.:confused:

borka105
05-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Man I played for another 1-1:30 hrs this morning and now have some pretty cool special waepons with the avenger. The newest two are the flamethrower (Which kicks major azz) and the chainsaw(cool slicing up people) My question is with anyone playing with the avenger who are pretty far, as I am I believe like 1/4 through the game right. Does the avenger get anymore better weapons then the two I mentioned and the machine gun and the shotgun.

thanks
-Borka105

btw, I have 1226 kils right now and I believe I am only 1/4 - 1/3 through the game.

Duke
05-25-2002, 03:02 PM
Van post your exp points, rescued innocents and kills.

Just looking to compare mine to see how much i might have missed.

faceoff508
05-26-2002, 10:29 AM
Man I played for another 1-1:30 hrs this morning and now have some pretty cool special waepons with the avenger. The newest two are the flamethrower (Which kicks major azz) and the chainsaw(cool slicing up people) My question is with anyone playing with the avenger who are pretty far, as I am I believe like 1/4 through the game right. Does the avenger get anymore better weapons then the two I mentioned and the machine gun and the shotgun.

thanks
-Borka105

btw, I have 1226 kils right now and I believe I am only 1/4 - 1/3 through the game.

Theres this cool machine gun that you get that kills people in one or 2 shots! There is a shotgun that is very powerful and kills with one shot! Sometimes you kill two people at once if oyu use the shotgun!

No Fear 23
05-26-2002, 05:15 PM
what does EXP means??

VAN
05-26-2002, 05:46 PM
EXP = Experience.

I finished the game with just under 55,000 exp, 54 rescues, and about 2,400 kills...playing as the Defender in single player mode.

faceoff508
05-26-2002, 07:19 PM
EXP = Experience.

I finished the game with just under 55,000 exp, 54 rescues, and about 2,400 kills...playing as the Defender in single player mode.

Thats all... I am the defender and I have 72 rescues, about 3,400 kills and I am not even finished the game!!

davidx
05-26-2002, 08:52 PM
Greetings fellow Hunters,

One question regarding this hyped up hunting...

How many weapons can you carry at one time? Is the game similar to Halo, where you must pick & choose which weapon will be used to obliterate the enemies?

Thanks in advance duuudes...
davidX:cool:

borka105
05-26-2002, 08:55 PM
No you carry wahtever you find. I am right now carrying 6 weapons plus the edges. THat's one thing that makes this game standout from others.

-Borka105

VAN
05-27-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by faceoff508

Thats all... I am the defender and I have 72 rescues, about 3,400 kills and I am not even finished the game!!

You sure you're looking at your character stats and not game stats? Game stats combine the #'s from each of the 4 hunters.

I played for about an hour with the Avenger, but Im not including his #'s in my stats.

Dub
05-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Me and three other friends played for a couple hours tonight and we can't get past the teddy bear. I hate how the screen will only let you go so far when you're in multiplayer mode. I almost wish every player had their own screen like in Halo. Anyway, any suggestions on how to beat the teddy bear?

zfBRAT
05-27-2002, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
Before they send games off to get printed, they probably burn a few dev versions of the game and send it to all the critics with XDK's who can play it.
And man PROUDXBOXOWNER, what the hell? I think it looks like a crappy game, therefore I think 8.7 is a high score. Regardless, 8.7 is a high score, be it a good game or a bad game. Just because you personally think that Hunter is the best game ever made, hands down, doesn't mean that it really is. Reviewers rate games based on their overall design, how well they accomplish what they set out to do, how well they compare against other games, and their appeal to different audiences. They don't just rate a game based on it's "that seems cool" factor. You got that right :)

zfBRAT
05-27-2002, 05:56 AM
No you carry wahtever you find. I am right now carrying 6 weapons plus the edges. THat's one thing that makes this game standout from others.

-Borka105 You can send me a copy, when you're rich :)

No Fear 23
05-27-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Dub
Me and three other friends played for a couple hours tonight and we can't get past the teddy bear. I hate how the screen will only let you go so far when you're in multiplayer mode. I almost wish every player had their own screen like in Halo. Anyway, any suggestions on how to beat the teddy bear?

simple. use a chainsaw, it'll kill him easily

faceoff508
05-27-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Dub

Try it by yourself, its easier that way!! What you do is go around the room in circles!! Evry time the teddy stops you shoot him with a shotgun!! Do that a couple of times and you should beat him!!

borka105
05-27-2002, 09:08 AM
One question-
Do you guys actaully switch off characters when you play the game? Because if you do that then you actaully haven't beaten the game with that character. Like I pciked the avenger in the beginnng and am sticking with him.

How about you guys?

-Borka105

faceoff508
05-27-2002, 09:09 AM

You sure you're looking at your character stats and not game stats? Game stats combine the #'s from each of the 4 hunters.

I played for about an hour with the Avenger, but Im not including his #'s in my stats.

Yes I am sure!!

I have a question for you: SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

I am having hard time beating Carpenter. When he is almost dead he heals himself some how! Do you know how I should kill him? What weapon?

Raven45975
05-27-2002, 11:34 AM
I've bought this game last Friday and I'm telling you this is one of the greatest games I have played on the Xbox so far. This game never gets tedious and the voice acting is tremendous and what really keeps me going is when your hands ache from buttom smashing and when those zombies pile up on your screen and you think you are about to die when all of a sudden that kick ass music starts up and gets your adrenaline pumping and you just start kicking ass and forgeting about your aching problems.

The only problem I have is the multiplayer although its good its just the limited camera when you are trying to dodge a teddy bear and your friend is trying to get a weapon on the other side and having you killed can end up in either an argument or worse a fight lol. But this game is a must buy and I want to wish the new band Coma good luck and congratulating them for their kick ass soundtrack of the game.

36 Hostages rescued, 2108 kills and 14 Lives remaining on my character Martyr

borka105
05-27-2002, 11:48 AM
Man, dude you must never die or you skip enemies. How can you have so many lives remaining. I try my best and I always come out to a point where i have 0 lives or 1 or 2.

Any strategies bro?

-Borka105

Raven45975
05-27-2002, 01:51 PM
yeah I rarely died until I got to the Warden lol. I had 21 lives then but in order to get more lives you have to keep killing and try to rescue as many innocent lives as you can. Also its easier with one player because your screen isnt limited. As far as strategies the best thing to do is seperate yourself far between the enemy and start blasting away and when they get close just start swinging on them and never stop in one place. Just keep moving and if you do that you will rarely die.

Tkf5000
05-27-2002, 03:41 PM
Ive been reading all the reviews i can find and this sounds like a must-have to me. I have to wait until may 31st to get it for my early birthday present.

VAN
05-27-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

I am having hard time beating Carpenter. When he is almost dead he heals himself some how! Do you know how I should kill him? What weapon?

You need to access Hunter.net from the desktop PC that is in the room just prior to fighting Carpenter. It provides a vital clue as to how to defeat him. :)

xtreme
05-28-2002, 12:31 AM
will i been playing for about 5 hours by myself and have about
5 hours in playing with a freind

lets see
by myself
the game is great fun and i find much more easyer to play.
my rating out of 5
game 4.5
graphics 4.0
sound 4.0
the controls
melee 4.5
shooting 2.0
i hate shooting i cant get the dam thing to shoot dialogaol
and when i think im shooting at one thing the dam thing switches to a different enemy.
cut sense 3.5 seen a little cartoonish

playing with a friend
the game play goes down to a 2.0
for me i hate the limit screen and seems to happen when u need something the most.
i guess now that i got to try split screen and full screen
i would take split screen anyday.

overall score i would say a 3.8

but halo is still number #1 in my book

will its time to get back to ass kicking game
this is xboxoleman just letting u know what i see and feel at this time in the game.

xtreme
05-28-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Dub

hay DUB

this what i did to kill teddy bear
i stood on the healt button and as my health fall i rehit the button
and i chainsawed the bear in half

good luck just a trick
i learned after many trys of other things

Spaztic
05-28-2002, 10:44 AM
me and my friend ran in circles and who ever was being chased by the bear would run while the other would hack at its back with the melee weapon, or shotgun! Just avoid the vomit and jump when he hits the ground! If you are having problems with the bear, hopefully your skills improve! The bear is the easiest boss in the game!

Duke
05-28-2002, 09:15 PM

That's definitely possible. I finished the second time through this morning. I tried to kill everything (except for the timed part of the hospital), find all innocents.

Defender
Ended with:
Kills - 4045
Rescues - 74
Exp - 119075

The only innocent I know I missed was one on the rooftop that got killed before I could get to her.

BTW, waiting for every enemy to appear gets pretty old fast, just wanted to see about what the max. kill total could be.

BJDIrish1
05-28-2002, 09:58 PM
I've been playing the game for a while and i noticed that at the cut screens it says there is a "combination of buttons that will make your hunter invincible." Anyone figure this one out?

davidx
05-29-2002, 02:58 AM
Hunters,

HAs anyone finished this kick-ass game yet? If so, what are the two locked "modes"? Nightmare Mode sounds crazy...can anyone fill me in?

Also, any other ways to get extra lives (besides rescuing hostages?).

Thanks,
X

ftyards
05-29-2002, 09:07 AM
I don't know if i was the only one with this problem but. I could not get the edges up to 3 the final level and I also could not get the third edge. I hardly used my edges but to improve them you have to keep using them and collect the blue orbs, that improves your edges. I hope this helps any one who did not know.

Tkf5000
05-29-2002, 05:37 PM
I read u put in codes with the d-pad. There was 2 codes in the july issue i got today, may 29. one was left,left,b and the other was right,right,b. i think it said to put them in during gameplay. the codes just change the voices.

AcidJazz
05-29-2002, 08:20 PM
JUst bought the game and I'm in love with it..:D

borka105
05-29-2002, 08:42 PM
I am glad you took my advice my friend on teamxbox.com and bought Hunter. I told you, you won't be disapointed.

God, You got to love the xbox!!!!!!!!!

-Borka105

zfBRAT
05-30-2002, 03:52 AM
You guys are making me want to buy Hunter...lol! I thought I oughta wait for Morrowind, but Hunter's out already and ya'll seem to love it...I want one now...hehehe! :)