PDA

View Full Version : Xbox DVD drive capabilities

ShezzDaddy
05-16-2002, 10:06 PM
hi to all xboxo gamers and xba members out there i have some questions. Is it possible to play vcd's on the xbox if one has the dvd kit? What do u know about the xbox region bypass modchip? If anyone has some PAL games they don't want i may buy them if i don't hasve them.

Thanx

GokuX
05-16-2002, 10:17 PM
U can only play DVDs with the DVD kit, nothing else. Apparently the Xbox can be modded via soldering and a fancy chip to play VCDs, etc.

Dre
05-16-2002, 10:21 PM
very off-topic from the posters question, but I want to share some info I didn't know and had to "discover" myself.

Zooming: if you exit the display menu, you can move the zoom location around using the green arrows on the remote.

Slow-mo: you can have 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 speed playback (either forward or backwards) by pressing pause and then either fast forward or rewind. Press them again to slow things down even more.

Thats it..

lates

GokuX
05-16-2002, 10:25 PM
Everyone hates it when I mess with the zooming. I still think it's nifty.

Brevity
05-17-2002, 12:21 AM
Zoom+DVD of Swordfish=eyes popping out. Warning and I think you know which part. hehe Thank you MS:D

Hermes
05-17-2002, 05:26 AM
You figure it has to cost at least $50 US to get your Xbox modded to play Vcds not to mention time, effort etc. (I think I am probably being conservative on the price.) Only an idiot would think this was worth it to play a crappy VCD. Last time I checked, a dreamcast can be had for $49 US and requires no modding to play VCDs.

Boomer
05-17-2002, 06:43 AM
Hey!
Thanks for the info Dre, that could come in handy.