PDA

View Full Version : I just held the xbox controller in my hand...

Marc
10-06-2001, 05:10 PM
and it's not bad at all. I expected it to kinda suck, the system's one weakness and all, but it is actually prety cool. I think most of you will be pleasantly surprised.

cvking
10-06-2001, 06:34 PM
did it feel like the DC?

vash the stampede
10-06-2001, 10:23 PM
i haven't held one myself yet, but aparently it is very close to the dc controler, if it is, i will be very happy, that thing was so friggen comfortable, you can play games for hours with it. unlike ps2's, which is too small for my hands, and GC's, which is just a blantent rip off of ps2, but with only a 'Z' button, instead of L1 and L2.

SeTH
10-06-2001, 11:50 PM
Where did you get to touch such a piece of holiness?!:eek:

Marc
10-07-2001, 12:23 AM
It was at Electronic's Boutique at the mall. I never played Dreamcast, so I can't compare it to that, but it fit my hands perfect. I went to Toys R Us and they had an xbox on disply, just the casing and the front, no guts. It wasn't as big as all the Nintendo fanboys are saying. It's about the size of a small vcr. It looks like a state of the art piece of electronics.

Dan Livingston
10-08-2001, 07:35 PM
Consoles always look bigger in pictures than they are in real life. And how can you not have played a DC?

Vash------I already got yelled at for saying that the GC controller looks like the ps2's. but in fact, the original ps's controller was like a snes (think about it-"select" the 4 buttons in a diagnal shape, trigger buttons) all sony did was break up the d-pad and put tiny little handles on it. then they added the analogs only after nintendo came out with one for the n64. so who's copying? just like seaman vs. hey you pikachu.

Koopa
10-08-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by vash the stampede
unlike ps2's, which is too small for my hands, and GC's, which is just a blantent rip off of ps2...
...which was a blatant rip off of SNES, just with some extra shoulder buttons ;)

and I wont even go into er..other...companies' ripoffs :rolleyes:

[edit: oops, didnt read the post above mine:) ]

Dan Livingston
10-10-2001, 10:28 PM
I just learned this because it took my local mag vendor a long time to get the OXM in. Apperently, the Xbox controller has a breakaway module that disconects so it dosen't get ripped out of the socket. that's one of the most ingenious ideas! it will also help in untangling cords. And the "firewire" atomic-green cable looks tight! (that's a california word)

l Maximus l
10-11-2001, 12:39 PM
I haven't held the XBox controller yet, but, I sure hope it's a hell of a lot more comfortable that the Dreamcast controller! That thing was so tight on my hands! In other words, it held my hands in so close together, my elbows were practically rubbing together!

From the looks of the handle, it looks perfect! I doubt that a company like Microsoft would do a crappy job and no research to create a controller for such a state of the art system. From the looks of it, your hands are free to move in place that feels comfortable.

I currently own an N64, and I was extremely disappointed at first. After a while, I actually grew to like it. So, even if the XBox controller is not that great at first, I know that I will grow to like it especially since it doesn't have the limitations like the Dreamcast controller.

Big hands mean a big ... well, you know :D

-Maximus

XERO
10-11-2001, 05:28 PM
i just returned form a software etc. in the n.y.c. metro area...the Xbox kiosk is set up ...BUT NO GAME DEMOS....but the controllers are attached and i find them VERY comfortable and sturdy...my initial impression was that they are well designed and constructed....don't know why so many people are complaining about them!!!

msxbox101
10-20-2001, 02:36 AM
I got to hold the controller for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Today I finally got to play with the demo for Oddworld. I love the controller, it fits my hands perfectly. This next couple of weeks is going to drive me insane

rivalius13
10-20-2001, 06:28 AM
i wish they had kiosks over here