PDA

View Full Version : X-Box's WWF RAW VS. N64's Wrestlemania2000

MOrgE
05-17-2002, 12:15 PM
just a quick question/comparison....

i was always a big fan of all the wrestling games that THQ put out for the N64. The graphics might not have been the best but the controls were easy to learn and master.

I just bought my X-Box last night (round of applause) and was wondering if the WWF RAW game is similar to the ol' style N64 wrestling games? When i mean similar, i mean are the controls the same or is it like re-learning the game all over again?

your input is GREATLY apprecaited :D

Dre
05-17-2002, 12:18 PM
Do not bother with Raw. It is quite buggy, and while you might get some enjoyment out of it, RAW2 was announced recently and I suggest you wait for it. Hopefully THQ will have learned from their mistakes..

Icey_Princess
05-17-2002, 12:25 PM
Wrestlemania X8 is said to be the best wrestling game this year.

Spaztic
05-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
Wrestlemania X8 is said to be the best wrestling game this year.

is it even out yet?

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 12:48 PM
no wrestlemania 8 (for GC) is not out yet...

in regards to raw..i'm one of the few that actually thought it was decent. (and no i'm not a big wrestling fan..i rarely ever watch) i deffinately suggest giving it a rent first. me..i return alot of games...but actually kept that one...but as i said thats just me.

MOrgE
05-17-2002, 12:54 PM
thanks for the feedback guys...
but from what i've read, RAW 2 looks like it might actually win a couple people over... so i think i'll wait...

i don't think i can afford it now anyways.... spent 950$CDN on my XBOX alone last night.... filled up that Visa quicker then you can say "Halo Multiplayer" :):p

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 12:55 PM
I think what Morge is trying to ask is if the control scheme is the same or if it's different between the THQ game on the N64 and the WWF RAW on the XBox.

I wish I could answer, however, I have never owned either one. Sorry, dude!

By the way, welcome to XBA (XBoxaddict) :)

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 01:14 PM
thats a hard ? to answer max...for a few reasons.

1st . i find all wrestling games to be essentially the same
2. raw is deffinately more of a challenge then most i've ever played ( but i love a good challenge)
3. i consider myself to be a pretty good gamer..so i might grasp the control scheme musch faster then most.
i still recommend a rent..its atleast worth that.

MOrgE
05-17-2002, 01:47 PM
thanks Maximus....
i didn't want to bring up the question again as i didn't want to wear out my welcome :)

i think i'm gonna take DZNUTZ advice and at least rent the game and see what its like. I'm sure the controls can't be that much different...

its just that i've played so many different wrestling games and i've hated everyone because of the controls. Hopefully THQ can bring back the ol' skool ones... i hope...

thanks guys!!

BTW... this forum is KILLAH!!:eek:

hulkamaniac1
05-18-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by MOrgE
thanks for the feedback guys...
but from what i've read, RAW 2 looks like it might actually win a couple people over... so i think i'll wait...

i don't think i can afford it now anyways.... spent 950$CDN on my XBOX alone last night.... filled up that Visa quicker then you can say "Halo Multiplayer" :):p 950 dollars what the hell did u buy with it...my fiance bought me the xbox and she spent 7 hundred something with 2 games and a controller plus 1 year subscription 2 egm.

go leafs go

MOrgE
05-19-2002, 01:59 AM
i bought the XBOX system...
4 controllers...
3 games...
and 2 years warranty...
:)

hehehe... but its the best money i've ever spent...

i couldn't be more happier...