PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind pushed back, AGAIN

Evil_InsidE
05-17-2002, 12:24 PM
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but online retailers are showing a ship date of 5/28.

I wonder if we'll actually see a May release after all.

studepaber
05-17-2002, 12:30 PM
Which online retailers???? I only go by EBWorld and they haven't changed the date yet...

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 12:32 PM
r u F'in serious. . . . with all these delays this game better be perfect when i get my hands on it

Evil_InsidE
05-17-2002, 12:35 PM
gamestop.com:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210060

amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005OWBL/qid=1021656866/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_3/002-7636312-0663207

This is getting annoying, but at least it will be bug-free(I hope).

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 12:35 PM
good things..come...to those...WHO WAIT. nah seriously...i agree ..it better be good

btw...i LOVE your new sig oppium!!:eek:

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 12:46 PM
yeah man just gont off the phone with planet X(where i bought my Morrowind) and they said the 29th :mad:

*sigh* guess ill just twitel my thumbs till then

thanx DZ thought u would. . . . with a leaf in your sig. . .
and im going out on a limb here in thinking u like Guniess well i dont but the other night at the bar my friend ocnvinced me into haveing an irish car bomb :eek: nice :eek: u prob had one before but if not i sugest u try one

Evil_InsidE
05-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Oppium: What's an Irish Car bomb? A drink of some kind?

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Oppium...I never have had an Irish Car Bomb, however, I strongly recommend trying a Black and Tan. To make one, simply pour Guiness into a glass half way and top it off with Harp. Both are made by Guiness, but, Harp is a much lighter beer. You'll see both of them seperate in the glass! It's sweet! And it tastes good. I recommend a transparent glass (see through) :)

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Evil_InsidE
Oppium: What's an Irish Car bomb? A drink of some kind?

yeah
its kind of a shot well. . .

its a half a pint of Guniess and a shot of Baily's Irish Cream

u drop the shot (/w shot glass and all) into the pint and start chugging. . .
by the time u get to the bottem(where all the Baily's Irish Cream is) beacuse its thicker then the Guniess. . . the 2 mix in your mouth and give a wonderful array of flavor. . .very tasty

and for thoes who r thinking ' i hate guniess' so did i

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 01:06 PM
OH HELLLLLL YEAH OPPIUM....THATS LIKE MY FAV. (they do get expensive though)...for those of u that don't know an irish car bomb is a half-2/3 quarter filled guiness...and a shot glass filled with baileys irish cream and topped with bushmills irsih whiskey.

proceed to drop above mentioned shot into the guiness and SLAM!!!!

i'm the local champ..no one can beat me:D

i generally go to the bar..first drink to pitchers of guiness to the head...then drink about 4-6 irish car bombs...and at least one to a few shots of JD in memorey of my boy who just passed...then whatevas cleva. thats my normal bar routine.:eek:

can't wait till i finsih getting a bar in my new place...guinness and newcastle on tap:eek: ..MMMMM..plus i'm gonna save a buttload of money.

Bundy
05-17-2002, 01:07 PM
gamestop.com:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210060

amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005OWBL/qid=1021656866/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_3/002-7636312-0663207

This is getting annoying, but at least it will be bug-free(I hope).

amazon is horrible on new releases for games. They are always behind gamestop and ebgames. I would never trust a date from them.

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Oppium...I never have had an Irish Car Bomb, however, I strongly recommend trying a Black and Tan. To make one, simply pour Guiness into a glass half way and top it off with Harp. Both are made by Guiness, but, Harp is a much lighter beer. You'll see both of them seperate in the glass! It's sweet! And it tastes good. I recommend a transparent glass (see through) :)

i though blakc and tans were usually made with bass but i used to work in a bar and u can use any Lager really(never seen done with Harp). . .i prefer Yunling(thats totaly misspelled) it's brewed PA comes in a green bottle(but then again so do alot of beers)

*edit* i feel a beer discussion comeing on

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 01:09 PM
traditionally blk and tans are made with guinness and harp (same alcohol manufacturs). also traditionally..you pour the harp onto the guinness over a spoon (don't ask..but thats how its supoosed to be done)

btw oppium...if your car bomb was made correctly..that shot of baileys was slighty topped off with bushmills irish whiskey.

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

btw oppium...if your car bomb was made correctly..that shot of baileys was slighty topped off with bushmills irish whiskey.

quite posible it was my friends 21st and i dont totaly remember all that jazz

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 01:17 PM
max no offense bud...but what bar/pubs u been drinking at....if i ever ordered any beer (or most alcohol bevs for that matter) and it didn't come in a reg clear glass.....i'd trip a lil:confused:

Evil_InsidE
05-17-2002, 01:21 PM
No clear glass in your bars? Must be a state law or something. In New York State, the bars use clear glasses. Black and tans look pretty cool.

Ever had a Dr. Pepper?

studepaber
05-17-2002, 01:40 PM
According to a thread in the TXB forum the developers said the game will definitely be out in May. So the most they can delay the game now is to May 30th, yay! This will give me more time to play Hunter I guess, but still *grumble*

UltimateAg
05-17-2002, 01:45 PM
Oppium I don't mean to be a jackass and I wouldn't normally point these things out but since your sig is probably pretty important to you the word Captain is mispelled. Sorry dude.

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

i though blakc and tans were usually made with bass but i used to work in a bar and u can use any Lager really(never seen done with Harp). . .i prefer Yunling(thats totaly misspelled) it's brewed PA comes in a green bottle(but then again so do alot of beers)

*edit* i feel a beer discussion comeing on

Black and Tans are traditionally made with Guiness and Harp, probably because Harp is made by the same company that Guiness is. But, you're right, any Lager will suffice :)

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg
Oppium I don't mean to be a jackass and I wouldn't normally point these things out but since your sig is probably pretty important to you the word Captain is mispelled. Sorry dude.

Doh!!!

dam'n dude . . .im the jackass
thankx

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:48 PM
max no offense bud...but what bar/pubs u been drinking at....if i ever ordered any beer (or most alcohol bevs for that matter) and it didn't come in a reg clear glass.....i'd trip a lil:confused:

lol, dude...I was referring to making one by yourself without going to a bar :D But, of course, a bar always has transparent glasses! Trust me! I know this! :D hehe

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:52 PM
Ever had a Dr. Pepper?

I've had a Flaming Dr. Pepper. Man, those are good at first, but, don't have too many of them! lol...I had a few too many and now I hate the real Dr. Pepper to this day! lol :D

Yeah, you just fill a glass halfway up with beer (okay, maybe 3/4), and drop a shot glass full of Ameretto into it. But, in the shot glass, top it with a layer of Bicardi 151 and set it on fire. It creates a blue flame giving it a nice effect. Drop it in the glass and pound the drink. Tastes like Dr. Pepper but with a kick ;)

JJaX
05-17-2002, 01:55 PM

I've had a Flaming Dr. Pepper. Man, those are good at first, but, don't have too many of them! lol...I had a few too many and now I hate the real Dr. Pepper to this day! lol :D

Yeah, you just fill a glass halfway up with beer (okay, maybe 3/4), and drop a shot glass full of Ameretto into it. But, in the shot glass, top it with a layer of Bicardi 151 and set it on fire. It creates a blue flame giving it a nice effect. Drop it in the glass and pound the drink. Tastes like Dr. Pepper but with a kick ;)

F yeah those are good...
So are mind erasers....

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

F yeah those are good...
So are mind erasers....

Mind Erasers? I don't remember ever having one...jk (okay, that joke sucked) :D

I agree, though...those are good, too :)

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

F yeah those are good...
So are mind erasers....

mind erasers r narsty. . . . or that least the ones they made me were

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 02:01 PM
anyone know what a cement mixer is?!?!?! those are..aheminteresting...great party drinks!

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 02:06 PM
anyone know what a cement mixer is?!?!?! those are..aheminteresting...great party drinks!

I'm not sure if I have had one. But, have you ever had a Three Wise Men? Talk about drinking straight from the pump! :( It's mixing Rum, Vodka, and Tequila all together...great for people that used to make "Graveyards" with their soda when they were kids, like I did :D

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 02:07 PM
I just realized that this was a "Morrowind delayed" thread. And, we're all talking about drinks probably because we're depressed! :D

Kraft
05-17-2002, 02:12 PM
My favorite bar drinks:

tequila neat
bourbon neat
vodka neat
hurricanes (i could drink those all night long)

and I love making flaming dr. peppers, but im not the biggest fan of drinking them.

drinks that suck:

boilermakers and depth charges
buttery nipples (pukes)

good god Im an alcoholic...

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 02:28 PM
lol..hey guys...this is a great bar prank..order someone ( who doesn't know what it is) a cement mixer....its baileys...with lemon juice squirted in it...LOL great prank...can u say curdled drink:confused: !!!

ALSO i'm gonna go out on a limb here..and let my testorone run wild

I COULD DRINK ANY OF YOU UNDER THE TABLE!!!!

JJaX
05-17-2002, 02:30 PM

Im not a big drinker, Im drunk as hell after like 7 beers.

But ill toke you out any day homey......

JaX-Smokalot.....Betta ask around!

Kraft
05-17-2002, 02:31 PM

ALSO i'm gonna go out on a limb here..and let my testorone run wild

Lol, I'd have to drink with you sometime DZ. Last time someone tried to outdrink me she (yeah, a she... I was impressed) followed me through 24 shots of tequila in a little over half an hour. She threw up and passed out finally, but was alright health wise. I was smashed off my butt but didn't throw up or anything. that... was a lot of tequila.

Dre
05-17-2002, 02:34 PM
24 shots of tequila in under 30 min = death or trip to hospital for a nice stomach pumping...

hehehe, gosh I hate to'killya

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 02:36 PM
i'd be down KB...u sound like a contender...but we all know challengers have to earn the belt...and i'm undeafeated...i've got some pretty impressive video of me (in cancun, after a full day of non stop drinking ) going to the bar and drinking 15 shots and 5 beers in a row!! i had the whole club going crazy.

btw....not only did they move my 1000 post thread ( which was inevitable , i guess.....they FOOOKEN CLOSED IT!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ..thats some major BS..its not like i spam or do duplicate post or any of that b.s. , ta say the least i'm pretty dissapointed.)

Kraft
05-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Yeah, luckily after three years of college training, I drink whiskey like water out of the bottle. Its really not that big of a deal anymore, though I only drink like that maybe 3 times a year at most now.

Kraft
05-17-2002, 02:38 PM
i'd be down KB...u sound like a contender...but we all know challengers have to earn the belt...and i'm undeafeated...i've got some pretty impressive video of me (in cancun, after a full day of non stop drinking ) going to the bar and drinking 15 shots and 5 beers in a row!! i had the whole club going crazy.

btw....not only did they move my 1000 post thread ( which was inevitable , i guess.....they FOOOKEN CLOSED IT!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ..thats some major BS..its not like i spam or do duplicate post or any of that b.s. , ta say the least i'm pretty dissapointed.)

Oh, and DZ. I'll be in cancun from june 1st through the 9th if you are in town :) or anyone else for that matter!

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 02:39 PM

ok but when im under the table i will smoke u out of the room. . . :D

~ ~~#ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ>

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 02:41 PM
:mad: <- me still being pi$$ed they moved, AND CLOSED my 1000 post thread

damn KB, i'm gonna be in cabo san lucas, puerto viarta(sp) , and another stop in Mexico the 24 of this month thru the 1st...looks like we'll barely miss each other do to date and location...that would have been cool though.

yall
05-17-2002, 02:43 PM
Where I'm from 3 wise men is a shot of jack, a shot of jim beam, and a shot of old grand dad. and a guiness and bass is a half and half, wheras a guiness and harp is a black and tan. everyone has different names for the same shiznit. as far as morrowind goes, ive been playing it through my 32" digital flat screen to get the feel for what it will be like when it comes out. its all i can do to go to work instead of playing it. its a great game for doing 3 or 4 hours at a time. the xbox version will be better for 1 reason, you can play it from your lazy boy. im actually doing that now, but my old lady bithes about my computer and speakers being all over the living room. i think i'll make her some mid erasers tonight. (kahluha, vodka, soda water, sipped quickly through a large straw)

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Hey, DZ...are you in the 100 club? 200 club? 300 club? 400 club? or the mighty 500 club?

If you aren't sure what that is, basically you take a shot of beer every minute. So, 100 minutes is 100 shots and qualifies you for the 100 club. Then, 200 shots for the 200 club in 200 minutes and so on...

I'm in the 300 club and couldn't go any further!! That's like drinking 27 beers in 5 hours. It's not nearly as easy as you may think :D

Kraft
05-17-2002, 02:53 PM
Oh my god! I can drink more beer than max?!?!?! *head explodes* We call it the Century club in St.L. I've gotten to the 4th century. It also makes a huge difference what beer you go with. almost made it to the third century with a heavier beer (locally bottled Schafleys) but 400 was achievable with Rolling Rock.

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Oh my god! I can drink more beer than max?!?!?! *head explodes* We call it the Century club in St.L. I've gotten to the 4th century. It also makes a huge difference what beer you go with. almost made it to the third century with a heavier beer (locally bottled Schafleys) but 400 was achievable with Rolling Rock.

lol, dude....well, all I know is that 5 straight hours is a long time! I probably could have gone further, but, when I did it, I also noticed that it was hard to swallow the beer since I was so stuffed full of it!! lol :D

RudedogX
05-17-2002, 03:01 PM
Alright, i've gotta join in on this discussion now!

Cement mixers are nasty as hell
mind erasers...d@mn those are good!
dr peppers/flaming style = awesome, i could slam those all day (well most of an hour anyway, i'd be on the floor after that)
three wisemen - great for getting someone on their birthday, but what's even better is the ...
three wisemen and spic or four horseman (that is actually what it is called), it's the same as 3 wisemen but it has tequila added and the four horseman has all that plus tabasco sauce!

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 03:02 PM
i just love how this thread went way off top...anywho...wouldnt' want to stop the tread so let me conribute a couple more things.

flaming sambuca's- great drink..the drink is call sambuca...get it in a half glass (not shot)...light on fire..let burn for a couple secs( not for long..or youll burn yourself)...place hand over flaming half glass..it then creates a suction while estinguishing flame..pick up glass with free hand...slight move hand only enuff to slam drink..then recover imediatley...then slip a straw in thru hand into empty half glass and inhale fumes...:eek: :eek: its crazy!!!

heres a great bar trick..i use it all the time and get free drinks
winner of bet has to pay for round

bet someone u can drink 3 pints of whateva beer before they can drink a single shot....theirs only a couple rules

1. they can't touch your glasses and u can't touch theirs
2. they can't drink(or touch their shot) until your finsihed with 1 and a half ( or one and a quarter of your pints..which ever)

drink first pint ( i like to slam for effect!) then place your empty pint glass over their shot and drink your remaing pints at your leasure!!! they can't drink your shot cuz they can't touch YOUR glass!!!!, which covers their shot!!

this trick works best if your a bar local/alcoholic....and give the impression your a drunk conceeded tuff guy making a dumb bet.

Warning..some people will either get mad or try to renig on the bet.

you have 2 options...say calm down...they lost fairly..don't be a welch and at least you taught them a trick they can use multiple times in the future. (ovously they were weary before taking the bet but their dumb arse couldn't figure out the catch)

if they wont chill..kick their arse.

Kraft
05-17-2002, 03:07 PM
oooh, sambuca, forgot all about that. Hey DZ, if you really want to impress someone with a bar trick here is a fun way to take a shot of sambuca. Also, this is a traditional greek alcohol and it is customary to chew up 3 coffee beans before taking this shot as a token of good luck:

pour a shot of sambuca (1 1/2 oz.)
tilt head back and pour it into mouth, but don't swallow it
leave your mouth open, wipe excess off of lips with a towel.
light your mouth on fire with a lighter
let it burn for a bit, then close your mouth
swish it around a bit before swallowing (this is to make sure it still isn't burning at all)
then finish drinking the shot!

I find I can stand the flame for about 4 seconds before it gets too hot. After the shot is over it feels really cool because your lips are hot and numb, but your mouth is tingly from the sambuca.

JJaX
05-17-2002, 03:09 PM
I chugged on a bottle of Sambuca while i was trippin my face off.

I hate that stuff.

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 03:09 PM
Hey, DZ...are you in the 100 club? 200 club? 300 club? 400 club? or the mighty 500 club?

If you aren't sure what that is, basically you take a shot of beer every minute. So, 100 minutes is 100 shots and qualifies you for the 100 club. Then, 200 shots for the 200 club in 200 minutes and so on...

I'm in the 300 club and couldn't go any further!! That's like drinking 27 beers in 5 hours. It's not nearly as easy as you may think :D

we call that power hour. . .shot of beer a min for an hour . . .

Kraft
05-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

we call that power hour. . .shot of beer a min for an hour . . .

our bars have power hours. you pay 5 bucks and drink as much beer as you can in an hour. We usually shoot for at least 10 mugs to get our moneys worth.

Dre
05-17-2002, 03:20 PM
DZ, I really like that bar trick.. I'm going to do it tonight!! I'll let ya know what happens :)

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 03:20 PM
HMM.... i wasn't aware of that sambuca tradition...i'll diffentaley give it a whirl tonight;)

as for the 1-500 club max...unfortunately i don't have an exact tested result..i can do a case within 3hours without a prob via beer shots ( or drinking reguraly for that matter.)

Evil_InsidE
05-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Hey! I leave this board for a few hours to do some work and all hell breaks loose. No matter, you guys like to party.

Can you tell it's Friday and close to quit'n time? Whoo Hoo!

Power Hours huh? NY made it illeagal to give away booze; no power hours(though I think they were called something else) and no Lady's Night.

Gotta pay for every drink now. But we do have bars that have "Fund Raisers". Mostly for the softball teams they sponsor. $10.00 gets all the draft beer and well drinks plus food, usually a buffet or pizza. Not a bad deal at all. I'm going to one tomorrow afternoon at a pub around the corner from me(within crawlng distance of home).

Have a great weekend dudes! Party on!

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 03:27 PM
HMM.... i wasn't aware of that sambuca tradition...i'll diffentaley give it a whirl tonight;)

as for the 1-500 club max...unfortunately i don't have an exact tested result..i can do a case within 3hours without a prob via beer shots ( or drinking reguraly for that matter.)

Dude, trust me...it's a lot different with taking shots of beer than drinking bottles of beer one after the other. It's a completely different technique...try it, I know you'll like it :D

Last time I did it, I was watching Ultimate Fighting Championship on Pay Per View. It's perfect because the show is long and all you do is watch it and take shots. Do something like this :D

Also, another good drinking game is watching Star Wars and you have to pound half of a beer every time the word "Force" or "Luke" is mentioned :D hehe...it's pretty tough!!

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 03:30 PM
nah max...i said VIA shots...i know the difference:eek:

and don't even get me started on drinking games..i play em all the time

1. 3 man
2. 7-11 double
3. BULLCHIT
4. MOOSEHEAD
5. strangebrew...drink everytime someone on the movie does
all types of games.

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 03:39 PM

Also, another good drinking game is watching Star Wars and you have to pound half of a beer every time the word "Force" or "Luke" is mentioned :D hehe...it's pretty tough!!

yeah that sounds fun. . .and tough

especially with lines like "Luke, use the Force Luke" thats a beer and a half rite there

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 04:02 PM
speaking of drinking...

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13536

Azazel
05-17-2002, 04:47 PM

A black and tan is half guiness and half bass. What is harp Max?

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Azazel

A black and tan is half guiness and half bass. What is harp Max?

Actually, to tell you the truth, a Black and Tan is Guiness and Harp. The reason I know this is because Guiness and Harp are made by the same manufacturer. But, Bass will work...you'll find Harp right next to Bass at your local grocery store. It's a really good Lager :)