PDA

View Full Version : Halo Demo on OXM - Worth the price of the Mag?

Evil_InsidE
05-17-2002, 12:32 PM
I finished Halo months ago, so I know how the game ends. I was looking at the cover of the new OXM, and saw they put a demo of Halo on the CD that supposedly has a new ending or movie or something.

Has anyone played the Halo demo yet? What level(s) is it? Is it a new Level? What's the new movie they are stating it has in it?

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 12:36 PM
The ending is not that cool. But the mag has alot more than just a Halo demo. IMO it is the best OXM yet. There is also a:

JSRF demo
Dave Mirra BMX demo
A booster for DOA3 (also a demo if you dont have DOA3)
A Test Drive: Wide open Demo

And the extra features are cool...and the mag is a good read!:cool:

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 12:39 PM
they give ya the whole silent cartographer level. . .but if ya dont use default control scheam then its not worth it cauz u cant chage that

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 12:39 PM
evil..if ya like xbox...don't pickup the new OXM issue...SUSCRIBE!!!...NOW!!!! man..the mags kicks arse..

(damn OXM should opay me for pluggin em so much)

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 12:41 PM
they give ya the whole silent cartographer level. . .but if ya dont use default control scheam then its not worth it cauz u cant chage that

Actually, you can change it. Just hit the pause button and look at the bottom of the menu. It is pretty simple, actually.;)

JJaX
05-17-2002, 12:43 PM
You can only invert the controls like that xtopia.

And the ending is just sarge telling you to buy the game.
But hell yeah its a great demo, but everyone that has xbox should already own this game.

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 12:45 PM
You can only invert the controls like that xtopia

Ohhh...did oppium mean the default button layout?

JJaX
05-17-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

Ohhh...did oppium mean the default button layout?

In the demo you have the default controls. When you pause it you only have the option to invert it.'

I think :D

OppiumNitrates
05-17-2002, 12:50 PM
yeah but can't u pick like Legacy or SouthPaw. . . . u can only invert the vertical view. . . .unless there is some secret menu i didnt find

Evil_InsidE
05-17-2002, 12:53 PM
I've bought the mag before and I disagree, it does not KICK arse, it LICKS arse.

I get way more info and news online, which is understandable. I only buy it for the demo disc, and only when there is a demo disc worth paying $10 for. So far the issues I have bought(2) have had good demos, but this month's seems pretty lame.

Halo and Munch and DOA3 are 6-month old games. Plus I have Halo and Munch.
Munch has already been on the demo CD as well as the Halo game disc.

Test Drive: Wide open and Dave Mira are also very old games, that from what I've read are not very good anyway.

We need an alternative choice for Xbox demos. OXM should not be the only choice. MS needs to open the door for another publisher to step up and deliver a decent demo disc.

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 12:56 PM
if u suscribe its not 10 bucks a issue...its more like 2-2.50...so if u don't think thats worth it thats your opinion..but to me...its a steal.

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 12:58 PM
oh yea...and can u read about the xbox via the net on the can?!!? or in the car?!? etc etc etc

Evil_InsidE
05-17-2002, 01:01 PM
Sure, subscribing is a good deal. I HAVE thought about it, but the demo disc is the only thing I want. Besides, $25.00 will get me a used game on half.com.

But you are right, 12 demo discs for $25.00 is good.
Very tempting....

If I subbed now, would I get next month's issue as my first issue?
I don't really want the one that's out now.

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
oh yea...and can u read about the xbox via the net on the can?!!? or in the car?!? etc etc etc

Oh man...I would if I could. Damn, dude, what a great idea, though! I think I'm going to set up a computer in my bathroom so I can take a dunk while writing to you guys in the forums here at XBA :D hehe

JJaX
05-17-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Oh man...I would if I could. Damn, dude, what a great idea, though! I think I'm going to set up a computer in my bathroom so I can take a dunk while writing to you guys in the forums here at XBA :D hehe

what do you.......ARG!.......THiNK...IM...ARRRG!!!! Doing......
*BLo0OP*......right now ;)

*JJaX Sighs in relief

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 01:29 PM
ROTFLMFAO!!

Dude, that is narsty! but funny...

Nerrad529
05-20-2002, 02:55 AM
yeah it's ok i would subscribe if you didn't already i got my subscription 24.95 for 12 issues not bad

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Evil_InsidE
I finished Halo months ago, so I know how the game ends. I was looking at the cover of the new OXM, and saw they put a demo of Halo on the CD that supposedly has a new ending or movie or something.

Has anyone played the Halo demo yet? What level(s) is it? Is it a new Level? What's the new movie they are stating it has in it?

In a word, NO. (unless of course you don't have halo, but how could that be?:confused: :eek: :confused:

The magazine is a good read and the other features on the demodisc are worthit.

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 12:40 PM
I subscribed to OXM in late April, thanks to DZNUTZ persistence with me :D (Thanks, DZNUTZ!). But, I haven't received my first issue yet...and, I wonder which one I'll receive. Again, I subscribed late April...and the site said I would get my first issue between 4-6 weeks...so, I should get it soon

Duke
05-20-2002, 12:40 PM
subscribe, subscribe, subscribe.

Even if you don't get much playing time the price per issue is well worth it. Have only gotten 2 issues, but both of them have kept me from buying a game that i was considering purchasing.

I keep playing LA vs. Philly 1st quarter at least once a day.