PDA

View Full Version : You can change your XBoxe's name using...

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted, but I wanted to share this with those who are interested. Last night I changed my XBoxe's name to "XBA" using the DOA3 demo. I used the demo that came with the "booster"
Even though I won't be playing on-line for awhile, it is still cool news!:)

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 12:43 PM
duhh..of course i knew that...jk xtopia..hope your xbox probs work out for ya...

on another note..i got a ? for ya'll..when listeningt to your soundtracks or cds....how do u make the whole screen do visuals instead of that upper right hand corner?

fanofslipknotib
05-17-2002, 01:30 PM
Can I change my Xbox name with the DOA demo that came a couple monhts ago, or do I need the actual game?

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 01:36 PM
that one will work as well slipknot;)

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 01:37 PM
I changed it using the "time attack" so if the older demo has that gametype, you probably can.

And DZ, I have wondered that same thing! So who has the asnwer!!!

Casper
05-17-2002, 01:38 PM
How do you change the name for it? I haven't even seen that in there at all.

I'll figure out how to get full screen if u guys help me out with that one! ;)

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 01:41 PM
All you have to do is "beat" the time attack mode on the demo. Then it asks you to enter your new XBox name.

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 01:42 PM
ehan ya beat time attack and enter your name ( as u do with any high score in any videogame) thats the name ( r one of the names?) your xbox will adopt.

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
on another note..i got a ? for ya'll..when listeningt to your soundtracks or cds....how do u make the whole screen do visuals instead of that upper right hand corner?

I know you can do it with the DVD playback kit. I'm not sure if you can do it with an XBox controller, though. I forget which button it is on the remote (DVD playback kit), but, it's one of the "white" ones if I recall. It's pretty sweet :)

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 01:45 PM
sweet..thanx max..buddy ol pal (lol) i'll try that as soon as i get home.

silvertrace
05-17-2002, 01:51 PM
hey xtopia, i tried using the demo for doa3 to change my box name and it didnt work.........i beat the time attack and entered in a name, but it did'nt change the box name for halo..........r u sure urs worked, and what did u do differently???

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 01:54 PM
You sure? It worked for my freind, I saw it. And I have changed mine...but not verified (My XBox is broken). I'm not 100% sure it was time attack...but I am pretty certain...:confused: :confused:

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
sweet..thanx max..buddy ol pal (lol) i'll try that as soon as i get home.

Sounds cool, dude...by the way, when you reply, may I be the first to congradulate you on your first milenial post count :D

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
You sure? It worked for my freind, I saw it. And I have changed mine...but not verified (My XBox is broken). I'm not 100% sure it was time attack...but I am pretty certain...:confused: :confused:

Xtopia...is your XBox really broken or is your network configuration for playing Halo on-line not working? In other words, can you actually play a game on your XBox, not referring to going on-line?

Dre
05-17-2002, 01:57 PM
DZNUTZ, press Y and then X. You'll have a nice screen of trippy visuals going to your tunes...

silvertrace
05-17-2002, 01:57 PM

i thought it was survival mode that changed it, after reading ur post i tried with time attack and verified my box name in halo......

it was still wilshire:(

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 02:00 PM
Dude...I don't understand...My buddy does have DOA3, but he told me he was using the demo! So I tried, and like I said I have only seen it work on his Box, so I guess he could have been joking w/me...or he may have thought he had the demo in the drive when really he had the full version game. Whatever happened, I am sorry for the confusion.

Xtopia runs to a pay phone to call his buddy and chew him out for making Xtopia look like an @ass

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Dude...I don't understand...My buddy does have DOA3, but he told me he was using the demo! So I tried, and like I said I have only seen it work on his Box, so I guess he could have been joking w/me...or he may have thought he had the demo in the drive when really he had the full version game. Whatever happened, I am sorry for the confusion.

Xtopia runs to a pay phone to call his buddy and chew him out for making Xtopia look like an @ass

Actually, I have a buddy that changed his XBox name with the DOA3 demo, too. So, you're not incorrect or an ass :D

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 02:04 PM
Actually, I have a buddy that changed his XBox name with the DOA3 demo, too. So, you're not incorrect or an ass

Maybe we both have buddies who like to make us look like an ass? J/K. See, I did not think he would lie to me. He is a good freind and knows more about XBox than I do. I am trying to convince him to join XBA...

silvertrace
05-17-2002, 02:15 PM
aight, u can only change it on survival mode on the REAL disc, he might have used the booster disc, but that only works if u have the real copy of DOA to begin with...................:(

so in short, the demo alone will not change the box name, u gotta have the real game..........:eek:

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 02:20 PM
But maxy's buddy did it w/ the demo too...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 03:09 PM
But maxy's buddy did it w/ the demo too...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Well, I didn't mention that he already had DOA3. The booster disk was simply copied to the hard-drive...so, what Silvertrace said is probably correct. Bummer...I don't want to buy it...I can probably borrow his and beat it really quick, though...hmmmmmm....

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 04:03 PM
That must be it...cause my buddy had the full version also. Sorry for the confusion. How can I delete this thread?

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 04:05 PM
That must be it...cause my buddy had the full version also. Sorry for the confusion. How can I delete this thread?

Don't worry about deleting it! Seriously! Being an ass and all! :D hehe...jk

fanofslipknotib
05-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Well, I didn't mention that he already had DOA3. The booster disk was simply copied to the hard-drive...so, what Silvertrace said is probably correct. Bummer...I don't want to buy it...I can probably borrow his and beat it really quick, though...hmmmmmm....

You....beat something quick? Pfff, never in your life buddy! :D