PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up Lucasarts!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-j
05-17-2002, 01:28 PM
Two new STAR WARS game announcements and no mention of an XBOX version:-

Bounty Hunter
The Clone Wars

Both up at LucasArts official site, screen shots look pretty cool, XBOX ones would obviously look better. WTF!!!! What's the story there then?!

Whilst there at it, might as well convert Rogue Leader as well.

Snoopy7548
05-17-2002, 02:22 PM
at least we're getting that rpg star wars game from lucasarts, it looks pretty cool

ecountz
05-17-2002, 02:24 PM
I dont think you will see galaxies for xbox since Lucasarts is partnered with Sony Online Entertainment Inc to create the game.

yall
05-17-2002, 02:44 PM
i dont think he is talking about galaxies. he is probably talking about knights of the old republic which is an xbox exclusive (i think).

MOrgE
05-17-2002, 02:51 PM
if you read this month's OXM, it has a little preview of KOTOR and by the looks of it, this one is REALLY something we should look forward too...
I believe they describe the game as "very precisely detailed"....

i can't wait.... after Morrowind and Project Ego, this is the next RPG i look forward to...

Kraft
05-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by yall
i dont think he is talking about galaxies. he is probably talking about knights of the old republic which is an xbox exclusive (i think).

Its not exclusive, they are also releasing it to the PC. though in my eyes that still means it is exclusive to the xbox as far as consoles are concerned.

jspike
05-17-2002, 07:01 PM
KOTAR is going to be awesome. Its look way better that both the other games there releasing to the ps2 and gamecube. Even the story line sounds interesting. Who wants another game made after a movie. Look at Obi-Wan. KOTAR takes place thousands of years before the 1st star wars movies.

MOrgE
05-18-2002, 10:49 AM
thousands of years before Episode 1??????

niiiice :)

they haven't even announced a release date for that game have they??

RadRider
05-18-2002, 10:57 AM
KOTOR: Knights of the Old Republic. Sorry, just had to point out that it's not KOTAR.

The PC version won't be out for a good year after the Xbox version. And man, I want this bad. Can you imagine? Jedi Lightsaber fighting without all the annoying characters from the George Lucas films? Sweet heaven.. I'm not even a star wars fan!

And as far as those other two games go, Bounty Hunter is PS2 and GC, but we get KOTOR! Ha! And that Clone Wars is just an expansion campaign for an existing game. Trust me when I say, we're getting the better deal here. Except with Obi Wan and Jedi Knight II. In all reality, the Xbox should have got Jedi Knight II along with the PC, instead of the fun, albeit sorely unpolished game called Obi Wan.

Snoopy7548
05-18-2002, 11:10 AM
yea, that clone wars game looks so stupid. it looks like star wars:demolition. demolition was a horrible game, i hated it

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:24 AM
Yeah, and what about that big-head game? It's the star wars episode 1 racing game that came out on PS2. Now that's a game to gloat about having! :D

Pakkratt
05-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I have that game. Its called Super Bombad racing. Its actually a fun game. But anyway, yeah, KOTOR will kick ass. But whats wrong with super bombad racing?

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Just not a game you'd brag about. It looks more like it belongs alongside Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brothers and Pokemon. I'm not saying it wouldn't be fun or anything, but it couldn't have been "cool" instead of "cute". Get my drift?

Hugh_Jass
05-18-2002, 06:51 PM
I'd rather have KOTOR any day.

X-Ray
05-19-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
at least we're getting that rpg star wars game from lucasarts, it looks pretty cool

A Star Wars RPG? This is either going to be really good or really bad. What do ya'll think?

RadRider
05-19-2002, 12:33 AM
Really, really awesome. It's from Bioware, so we're garanteed plenty of polish and open-ended gameplay. Just think of Baldur's Gate mixed with the most bad-ass graphics engine you've seen yet, and a sweet ass period in the Star Wars timeline 4000 years before episode 1 - set during the Sith's rise to power. It's so going to be a system seller - except it's coming out on PC about a year later. Other than that, get your money ready!

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 12:58 AM
It's unfortunate if the box doesn't get any more Lucas arts additions. But the new RPG looks pretty good. We'll just have to wait (as usually).

faceoff508
05-19-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by K-j
Two new STAR WARS game announcements and no mention of an XBOX version:-

Bounty Hunter
The Clone Wars

Both up at LucasArts official site, screen shots look pretty cool, XBOX ones would obviously look better. WTF!!!! What's the story there then?!

Whilst there at it, might as well convert Rogue Leader as well.

I am not a big fan of Star Wars so I dont really care!

K-j
05-21-2002, 12:17 PM
The game is based about 4000 years before anything in the movies, when both Sith and Jedi were plentyful. This game is going to be good, trust me! That's an understatement!

The official LucasArts website has more screen shots...

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 12:28 PM
1st off lucas arts sucks they have consistantly provided crap games that are not only repetitive but boring! So I could careless if we get any of there games.....

KOTAR is going to be awesome. Its look way better that both the other games there releasing to the ps2 and gamecube. Even the story line sounds interesting. Who wants another game made after a movie. Look at Obi-Wan. KOTAR takes place thousands of years before the 1st star wars movies.

KOTAR is the first lucas arts game I have raised my eye at. I looks like a winner and would take it over anyother lucas arts game out. The star wars franchise is getting old.....sorry nerds....but it is. The last two movies sucked...they are trying to add quarky humor and make it a kids flick! So F starwars....and hopefully KOTAR turns out ok, because I would like to check it out!

Snoopy7548
05-21-2002, 01:59 PM
did u see that star wars galaxies is also comin to the xbox? that game looks pretty cool

K-j
05-21-2002, 02:10 PM
LOL Bryanhls, have you even seen Episode II? If you think it aint no good, I dunno what to say m8, there's something wrong with ya!