PDA

View Full Version : What brand of CD-R's can the XBox play/burn?

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 01:46 PM
Subject says it all...

DZNUTZ
05-17-2002, 01:47 PM
it can't...u need to use cd-rw's..then any brand to my knowledge.

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 01:52 PM
Really???? I though for sure you could use CD-R's! Okay...new question...what type of CD-RW's can I use to burn MP3's? I know some don't work...

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Really???? I though for sure you could use CD-R's! Okay...new question...what type of CD-RW's can I use to burn MP3's? I know some don't work...

I understand that TDKs will work. It has to be a CD-RW of course, but, it's important to create a 2 second gap in between each track for it to work. :)

JJaX
05-17-2002, 01:56 PM

Make sure you create the CD as an Audio CD not a Data CD. THeres a huge huge difference that people seem to misunderstand.

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 01:56 PM
What program do you use to burn CD-RW's? I use "net burner" and "musicmatch" and I've never been able to create a gap between tracks...

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 01:58 PM
Make sure you create the CD as an Audio CD not a Data CD. THeres a huge huge difference that people seem to misunderstand.

So I can use CD-Rs? I've been burning CD's for a while...and of course they are audio cause they work in my stereo and my buddy's car....

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 02:00 PM

So I can use CD-Rs? I've been burning CD's for a while...and of course they are audio cause they work in my stereo and my buddy's car....

Dude, the main difference between a CD-R and a CD-RW is that a CD-R only allows you to burn an audio track once. A CD-RW will allow you to burn over existing audio, therefore, it's "RE-writable", hence the "RW". Also, CD-RWs are higher quality.

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Oh...so how do I create a two second gap between tracks?

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Oh...so how do I create a two second gap between tracks?

Well, the software will allow you to do it that you use to tell your computer to burn the songs. Check out the options, you'll see it :)

kornavs19
05-17-2002, 02:04 PM
yea what program do u use????? i use music match but i want something where i can burn videos....
p.s.
i have reached 200 threads!!! woohoo
i know thats nuthn 2 everyone else but its good 4 me... :)

cornflake
05-17-2002, 02:06 PM
no piracy links, dumass

l Maximus l
05-17-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by cornflake
no piracy links, dumass

Dude, I think he was referring to audio and taking CDs and making custom ones that can be read to copy them to the XBox's hard drive.

JJaX
05-17-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Also, CD-RWs are higher quality.

Where did you hear that? THe quality of the song depends on the Bitrate.

kornavs19
05-17-2002, 02:09 PM
sorry corn flake....

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 02:13 PM
So what brand of MP3 burning software do you use, Maximus? I am looking for a nice, yet free program. (If such a thing exists)

cornflake
05-17-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Dude, I think he was referring to audio and taking CDs and making custom ones that can be read to copy them to the XBox's hard drive.

what? i was talking about navnetwork dude do you know what navnetwork is? its a direct link thingy wingy
anyways...

JJaX
05-17-2002, 02:14 PM
So what brand of MP3 burning software do you use, Maximus? I am looking for a nice, yet free program. (If such a thing exists)

D/L the trial version of NERO. Then you can get a reg number if you look in the right places ;)

kornavs19
05-17-2002, 02:15 PM
r u able to burn videos?????

JJaX
05-17-2002, 02:17 PM
http://www.megagames.com/news/html/cdr/nerov5524.shtml

Description
An all in one CD burning package that allows you to make data CD's. Features: *dynamic conversion of filenames to ISO *single track "on-the-fly" up to 4x *caching of small files or from disks and network *editable file structure and file names *multisession with track-linking *full OFAS support (optimal file access speed) and more *Audio CD's (Track-at-Once and Disc-at-Once,etc) as well as CD copying and ISO's. *extraction of multiple audio tracks.

New Features in Nero 5.5 version:
Nero Wave Editor
Advanced Nero Cover Designer
Nero MPEG1 Video Encoder
VCD/SVCD Menu Creation
Audio Plug-In Interface
Embedded API (Application Program Interface)
Nero Toolkit
And much much more...

True multitasking recording engine simultaneously records up to 32 CD-R/RW drives
Record verification option ensures crucial data precision
Virus Checker scans the files of the compilation before burning to CD
Advanced Nero Imagedrive enables users to view or run the contents of an image file through Microsoft Explorer prior to burning
CD Extra format pre-mastering support

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 02:17 PM
Okay, I D/L ed nero a few weeks ago, cause my buddy told me about it. but the first time i booted up the program, it told me that my trial was finished and I had to order the number for 50 bux. So what is the deal?.........and where can I get the number?:p

JJaX
05-17-2002, 02:22 PM
Check your PM Xtopia...

Your welcome

Magnum Blast
05-17-2002, 04:38 PM
Uh JJax could you throw one of those my way too?

fanofslipknotib
05-17-2002, 04:43 PM
I use Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Don't ask me anything about it or where to get it because it came with my computer.

kornavs19
05-17-2002, 08:11 PM
ok... thats what im looking at.. easy cd creator....

Boomer
05-17-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by cornflake

what? i was talking about navnetwork dude do you know what navnetwork is? its a direct link thingy wingy
anyways...

Hey I know what that is tons of cool stuff there........(I've got it in me favourites!)

MagicianB
05-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Wow, I thought someone on the board would know of this site:
http://www.berlinlaconia.com/xbox/cdrinfo.html

Has specific CD-Rs that are useable in xbox. I'm 99% sure that burning it a certain way won't change your results in xbox detecting if it is a CD-R or not. If you burn it as a data you probably dont' have a burner 'cause if you always did that you'll never be able to play your CDs on cd players :P 2 second gap thing shouldn't make a difference, xbox was made uncompatible with CD-R/RWs, much like how only some first generation CD players work with some CD-Rs, xbox also works only with certain types. No idea what makes a CD-R readable but whatever, just visit the site :)

cornflake
05-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Boomer

Hey I know what that is tons of cool stuff there........(I've got it in me favourites!)

yo dude im not complaining about piracy, im probably in the deepest in this forum

MethodZ
05-18-2002, 08:55 AM
i saw somewhere i cant remeber where it coukd burn cdr memorex black compusa brand and likre 5 more i cant remeber

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:12 AM
Sweet! The Raccoons are on! Sweet, I can finally get that one damn song onto my xbox! First, go onto Kazaa. Second, download Fluf - Class Action. Sweetass song. The bad part is, I can't find their cd anywhere in Canada, so I've had to resort to custom cd's. And unfotunately, the Xbox doesn't read those. But now I'm happy again! Yay!

kornavs19
05-18-2002, 02:42 PM
i listen to burnt music on the xbox all the time....
:D

plpkb
05-18-2002, 06:10 PM
Stick with Nero its real good and does not crash as much as EZCD does.

Frostberg
05-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Well, I have no readon why everyone says CD-Rs dont work. Obviously they never tried or tried once and gave up...works fine for me, I either use Nero or WinXPs built in burning (made by Roxio) and every CD-R I use has worked

Nerrad529
05-20-2002, 01:34 AM
my xbox will work with memorex cdrw 700mb 80min they work peachy

JJaX
05-20-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Magnum Blast
Uh JJax could you throw one of those my way too?

Check your PM box

Spaztic
05-20-2002, 03:37 PM
here is a link of confirmed cd-r's that work and some tips on how to get the desired results....

as far as burning software use nero....it is the best, period.

link (http://www.xbox-scene.com/smartfaq/smartfaq.cgi?answer=1009427000&id=1007926087)