PDA

View Full Version : What will the MMORPG be?

mercsix
05-17-2002, 06:07 PM
Awhile back I remember reading about MS hiring the company that designed the EQ's server and network setup for an unknown project and now with the news of the EQ guys coming over to the XBox We all know a MMORPG is coming but what will it be?

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Let's start the speculation!
What franchises does Microsoft hold the licenses for? That would be a good place to start.
I'm going to stab in the dark here though and say a Motocross Madness game. Yeah, you run around and dropkick people. Each time the fall down, you gain $2. There are little fixit shops around the world where you can buy all sorts of Motorbike parts from, and once you build your bike, it's time to take it to the dirt and win some competitions! From that point on, you gain thousands of dollars from which you can build your own mansion! You know what that means! You can have a house party where you invite all your buddy motocrossers over, then you dropkick them all and get richer! Oh yeah! :)

mercsix
05-18-2002, 11:39 AM
I'm hoping for something like Shadowrun

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:41 AM
Which version of Shadowrun did you prefer? The Genesis or SNES version? I never played the Role Playing game (or any pen and paper role playing game), and I found the SNES one far better. I don't know why. It seemed easier to get into, a little slower paced - more my style of game overall. Of course, it supposedly didn't follow the Shadowrun rules well at all, so most Shadowrun fans hated it.

mercsix
05-18-2002, 11:45 AM
I played the Genesis version and a little of the pen and paper version. I think it would make a great MMORPG.