PDA

View Full Version : Xbox will make you fat!

Marc
05-17-2002, 10:12 PM
It has come to my attention via my wife that I've gained about twenty pounds since I got my xbox. She told me that I need to get back in shape. I told her that I was in shape, that I was round, but that didn't seem to pacify her. Anyone else gain any weight from playing xbox and slacking off on the physical exertion?

Icey_Princess
05-17-2002, 10:26 PM
Before i got my xbox: 119 LBS Currently: 118 LBS

Xtopia
05-17-2002, 10:46 PM
No weight gain here...

mercsix
05-17-2002, 10:47 PM
No way I'm in the best shape of my life last night I just grabbed this jeep that was upsidedown and flipped it over then later I was snowboarding at mesablanca and musta made like a three story jump with two backflips and this morning I was fighting this ninja and I musta knocked him through 3 walls. I am in awesome shape Thanks XBOX.

SnOoPy
05-17-2002, 10:55 PM
I gain a few pound since i got my XBox but I don't think its cause of the XBox. I think it cause I be eating bacon, hash brown & eggs daily in the morning... & also late at night. So I think that had something to do with it :D

Before i got my xbox: 119 LBS Currently: 118 LBS

Its maybe non of my biz but are you a female :confused:

Icey_Princess
05-17-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SnOoPy

Its maybe non of my biz but are you a female :confused: Yes

Toast
05-17-2002, 10:57 PM
im in great shap.ive been playing alot of basketball.....xbox isnt totally my life, its a little part.

SnOoPy
05-17-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
Yes

hehe, I knew chicks dig the big black box :D

Anyways welcome to XBA :)

Marc
05-17-2002, 11:03 PM
I guess I have to start going back to the gym tomorrow morning...

Icey_Princess
05-17-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Marc
I guess I have to start going back to the gym tomorrow morning... Do chin ups and push ups for at least 20-30 minuts a day. (you can loose weight fast doing those).

Boomer
05-17-2002, 11:28 PM
just a sec I'll go check......................................................................

nope, not a pound gained here but then theres my bro :rolleyes: lol

Razzle Dazzle
05-18-2002, 03:48 AM
I am a girl, too (20 years old)! :) We seem to be rare 'round these parts ;)

Icey_Princess
05-18-2002, 07:49 AM
Im 16 ill be 17 before to long :)

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 07:57 AM
I actually lost pounds. Before by Xbox my weight was 140, now its 130! I think its because I havent eaten anything since I got my Xbox!

E-Xbox
05-18-2002, 09:20 AM
ive gained like 5 pounds
but also grown like 10 cm's
so i guess i could say it evens out
hehe

peace

Alien
05-18-2002, 09:23 AM
I've only lost like 2-3 pounds. So basically I stayed the same.

Snoopy7548
05-18-2002, 12:06 PM
i weigh 130. i gained like 5 pounds, lol. its probly because i eat everything. in school, i usually get like 2 lunches, and like 3 bags of chips, but i never seem to get any fatter or anything! its so weird, i probly have a wicked fast metabolism:D

Spike Minoda
05-18-2002, 12:09 PM
Nope, I have LOST weight. I can't beleive it. And I thought I was gaining weight from all that BK. But, no I guess not.

Marc
05-18-2002, 12:14 PM
I envy you guys with wicked fast metabolisms. I never really had that. One piece of advice I will give you...never take anything with ephedra in it. My brother in law was a golden gloves champion and he was training me to fight in a lower weight class than him. When we were training together I took Hydroxycuts. That stuff melted weight off me. I was down to 185. My wife said I was too thin, that 200 was my ideal weight. When I quit takin that stuff I gained weight quick like. I'm still not like obese or anything, but I'm definately gonna lose 20 pounds and not take anything with ephedra in it. The NFL just added that stuff to their banned substances list. The best way to boost your metabolism is to do aerobic exercise in the morning before you eat, then wait an hour after you finish to eat anything, not that you young guys need to worry about that. Just remember that little piece of information when you hit thirty.

azmodan
05-18-2002, 12:29 PM
i am like 200 lbs heh

but i am 6'8/6'9 so i am pretty skinny :P

Spike Minoda
05-18-2002, 12:30 PM
lol... thanks

RadRider
05-18-2002, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info marc. I'm not exactly fat, or really chubby even. I'm just out of shape. I'd like to do some toning excercises, but I'm not nearly motivated enough (nor do I have enough cash) to join a gym. I'd say I've gained wait since I got the Xbox, but mostly because I also got a PC and I sit on that thing almost all day, every day.

Xtopia
05-18-2002, 01:31 PM
i probly have a wicked fast metabolism

Same here, dude! I try to gain weight but I cant! And I don't eat the healthiest foods! lol.

egg
05-18-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by mercsix
No way I'm in the best shape of my life last night I just grabbed this jeep that was upsidedown and flipped it over then later I was snowboarding at mesablanca and musta made like a three story jump with two backflips and this morning I was fighting this ninja and I musta knocked him through 3 walls. I am in awesome shape Thanks XBOX.

Funny $hit...... :) :eek: :D very creative bro!!

GAME ON

fear_this
05-18-2002, 03:12 PM
I used to be like, ugh 175 pounds. Now i am like totally fat. I weigh 215. Thats like 40 pounds. But also i am 14 and like 6'3" so i mean i got a tummy but still it isnt that bad. Besides, being fat is cool.

Having more chin's then a chineese phonebook, isnt. :D

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-18-2002, 04:36 PM
before:146 lbs
after:141 lbs
i lost a bit.

y2kash_14
05-18-2002, 09:34 PM
I stayed the same, i play some B-ball everyday to stay in shape....

but my hands are in the best shape of my life!

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 10:09 PM
No weight gain. I just can't run 10 feet anymore without losing my breath.

wweomaniac
05-18-2002, 10:48 PM
Nothing wrong with weight gain.... I am only 16 though, and I would prefer to be bigger.

I haven't gained that much weight since I bought my xbox and msot of the weight that I have gained is from extra muscles

MUSCULAR BABY!

i play a lot of basketball.

smashnp934
05-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i weigh 130. i gained like 5 pounds, lol. its probly because i eat everything. in school, i usually get like 2 lunches, and like 3 bags of chips, but i never seem to get any fatter or anything! its so weird, i probly have a wicked fast metabolism:D

I have the same problem but just graduated college and did gain the infamous freshman 15 lbs. But then lost it sophomore year LoL. What the hell? I guess everything will catch up to me by the time I am 30?

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm skinny as hell and i play the box several hours every day! (well just about). U must be eatin' too much pie or sumthin. (just kiddin') good luck gettin back in shape man. Maybe try gettin another REALLY intense game and play it while u run the tredmill!
BUT NO MATTER WHAT! don't stop playin xbox!

Scarlet Spider
05-19-2002, 05:32 PM
hey, when ever you feel like eating, just keep on playing, dont eat untill your realy super hungry, then when your body figures out you wont feed it everytime it tell you your hungry it will panic and suck the fat right out of the cells, and youll drop pounds like a mofo, thats what im gunna do when i get out of school in 3 days

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Spider
hey, when ever you feel like eating, just keep on playing, dont eat untill your realy super hungry, then when your body figures out you wont feed it everytime it tell you your hungry it will panic and suck the fat right out of the cells, and youll drop pounds like a mofo, thats what im gunna do when i get out of school in 3 days

LoL! "it will panic and suck the fat firhg out of the cells, and youll drop pounds like a mofo," That is the funniest thing I have ever seen!

Thanks for the laugh, man!

smack119
05-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Spider

hey sorry to tell you but it works the other way around..... your body will panic because it doesnt regularly get food, so when it does get it , it will store more fat to cover the times it doesnt get it. its true you would lose weight at first because your not eating, but if you made a habit out of it, everytime you did eat your body would store more fat

Nerrad529
05-20-2002, 12:47 AM
yeah i've gained some weight. Drink some beer and play xbox when i get home from work. Heck yeah need more games though.

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 02:43 AM
I don't know if I gained any weight...never thought about it. But, I do work out...I curl beer bottles towards my mouth...great for bicep workouts :D

Spaztic
05-20-2002, 11:40 AM
I have been 160 since I was 18. I cannot gain weight...I eat crap food all the time...My girlfriend gets ****ed at me because she has to workout while I down 2 tonys pizzas, sit on my ass plug in the box, and then crack a beer!

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm a fatty.:( No, jk..hehe:)

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by bryanhls
I have been 160 since I was 18. I cannot gain weight...I eat crap food all the time...My girlfriend gets ****ed at me because she has to workout while I down 2 tonys pizzas, sit on my ass plug in the box, and then crack a beer!

Hahahah, that's great:) .

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 12:02 PM
y would a girl want a six pack on a guy....when i got a keg?

and

if ya gotta good tool....ya gotta build a shed over it right.

hey maxy...i got a line ya can say to ya wifey one night when u are frisky.....

"hey babe..u got a keg in your pants?"......"no why"...."cuz i can see myself tapping dat arse!!"

Duke
05-20-2002, 12:11 PM
laf. obviously married. :D

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
y would a girl want a six pack on a guy....when i got a keg?

and

if ya gotta good tool....ya gotta build a shed over it right.

hey maxy...i got a line ya can say to ya wifey one night when u are frisky.....

"hey babe..u got a keg in your pants?"......"no why"...."cuz i can see myself tapping dat arse!!"

hehe...Nice, dude :D

studepaber
05-20-2002, 12:56 PM

I have the exact same condition as you, it's probably worms, ha.

Although sometimes when I'm really into a game (i.e. Morrowind when it comes out) I lose interest in food, hygiene, sleep and I prolly lose some lbs.

My worst case of this occurred with PSO for Dreamcast and Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear for PC (dammed demanding clans!)

SkoalMint
05-20-2002, 01:10 PM
I got the same line from my wife a couple of weeks ago. I pointed out to her that it had nothing to do with the XBox but the fact that we got married on November 16 and that it is all from her cooking. Told her that I just can't resist how good her cooking is. So off she ran to the kitchen with a smile on her face to cook my dinner while I blissfully played Halo.

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 01:41 PM
I don't take time to carefully comb through threads like this (not that it's bad; it's very entertaining) so forgive me if someone already said this which wouldn't surprise me at all.*

Since getting an X-Box I've gained some weight on the phat scale.**

*X-Ray cannot be held responsible for careless duplication.

**X-Ray cannot be held responsible for cheesy chliches. You knew they were coming!

Crazy Joe
05-20-2002, 03:56 PM

i used to be the same way, until i hit university, my metabolism must've slowed down hardcore, i gained mad weight, i am in horrible shape, i gotta start working out like mad. I got a beer gut to end all.