PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates + Nintendo

Razzle Dazzle
05-18-2002, 03:54 AM
I just heard this from my manager:
Since Bill Gates quit being the CEO of Microsoft (he's just the owner now, not both), there were a bunch of companies bidding for him to work for them. Well, Nintendo won, and now he's Nintendo's new CEO :confused: Ninento's former CEO stepped down, saying that he didn't like the direction the company was going. What do you guys think of that??

Nato King
05-18-2002, 07:05 AM
Where did you get this infor from. You said your manager what does he know about the gaming world do you have a link. I just can believe this right now. I would need proof before I start to believe anything this thread says.:)

Highlite23
05-18-2002, 07:35 AM
I remember reading this article...............April 1st, Hint,Hint!

Nato King
05-18-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
I remember reading this article...............April 1st, Hint,Hint!

Hahaha that was a good one Highlite23. I think that's when his manager saw the article. hahaha You know something Razzle Dazzle I think that your manager is pulling your leg.:)

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 07:59 AM
This cant be true! Either your manger is a lair, or you are just trying to pull our legs!

MethodZ
05-18-2002, 08:24 AM
why would bill gates be ceo of nintendo they are going strong in the oreint and pretty strong here too bill gates got enugh to worry about

Nato King
05-18-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Paul86
why would bill gates be ceo of nintendo they are going strong in the oreint and pretty strong here too bill gates got enugh to worry about

see I think everybody is thinking this is fake also.:)

Hey paul86 I really like you sig man did you make it or someone else I love it.:)

MethodZ
05-18-2002, 08:48 AM
thanks serg i cna not make a sig so you know its not me porfesser frink did

Icey_Princess
05-18-2002, 09:02 AM
I hightly doubt that Hiroshi Yamauchi or Shigeru Miyamoto are going to step down. :D

Pakkratt
05-18-2002, 11:21 AM
Yeah, this is just a bunch of BS.

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:23 AM
He stepped down so he could concentrate on other things within Microsoft. If he stepped down to become more focused with Microsoft, why would he then go to a different company?

I noticed that Razzle Dazzle hasn't posted here since the topic began. I think y'all scared her away!

Snoopy7548
05-18-2002, 12:04 PM
if he quit being the CEO of microsoft, dont u think it would be all over the news?

Marc
05-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Bill should just buy Nintendo...and Sony. Eliminate the competition. Forcefeed everyone the xbox whether they like it or not. But competition does breed better games for all of us, I guess. I get tired of people bashing the xbox and acting like the PS2 is superior. It's so not. I hope Maximus is right and that the online information shifts everything in Microsoft's favor.

Snoopy7548
05-18-2002, 12:22 PM
there were rumors that microsoft tried to buy out nintendo, he even offered them a sh*tload of money, but they turned him down

Marc
05-18-2002, 12:27 PM
Yeah, they screwed up. The only thing that keeps them afloat is the handhelds. I wouldn't really want Mario on the xbox, though. I think Nintendo would ally themselves with Sony before Microsoft.

MixMasta
05-18-2002, 02:08 PM
havent we already gone through this, are people that gullible???

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-18-2002, 02:55 PM
bs

Halo of Flies
05-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Razzle Dazzle
Since Bill Gates quit being the CEO of Microsoft (he's just the owner now, not both), there were a bunch of companies bidding for him to work for them. Well, Nintendo won, and now he's Nintendo's new CEO :confused: Ninento's former CEO stepped down, saying that he didn't like the direction the company was going. What do you guys think of that??
You're on drugs.

GokuX
05-18-2002, 04:56 PM
So much for Managerial expectations.

fear_this
05-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies

You're on drugs.

Yes, just lets leave it at that.

Nato King
05-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by fear_this

Yes, just lets leave it at that.

Hey you guys don't even post here this thread is a bunch of BS. This thread is wasting my time and yours.

Hey Fear_this it is good to see you again man where have you been.:)

Frostberg
05-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Razzle Dazzle
Uhhh No...
1. Ok, Billys officia title is "Chairman and Chief Software Architect"
2. Why would anyother company want Billy to be their leader? Billy would corrupt them and try to get them out of business, being he OWNS MS and would want to help the Xbox...why would he help others, and why would others want his help.
You are a dumbass of you believe this...so why even post it?

Snoopy7548
05-18-2002, 06:25 PM
and he probly wouldnt get NEARLY as much money as he does now, if he worked for nintendo

Hugh_Jass
05-18-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
and he probly wouldnt get NEARLY as much money as he does now, if he worked for nintendo

Actually, Bill Gates doesn't draw a large salary from Microsoft. His money comes from stock trading.

Hellraisr
05-19-2002, 12:15 PM
There's no way in hell Bill Gates would work against his own company.. that's bad for business.

Razzle Dazzle
05-19-2002, 11:53 PM
Okay, you guys, I just decided to look at this thread (haven't been online for a bit). Anyways, I'm not saying that I believe it, just that's what my manager said. I will ask him where he got his info as soon as I can. No, I am not on drugs. I was just wondering if anybody else has heard this. It seemed strange when I heard it, but usually my manager has pretty reputable info. ...:confused:

Nerrad529
05-20-2002, 12:34 AM
Mr Gates the only way your gonna win is if you buy sony and thats crazy