PDA

View Full Version : ONline ******

XAddict
05-18-2002, 09:50 AM
ok i just need to know how do play halo online

somone just tell me what to do and ill be happy

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Go to gamespy.com. Download the "gamespy tunnel" software wherever it is. You might even have to do a search for it. Then install it.

Now, find the gamespy software (not gamespy tunnel) and install that.

Okay, now this is the most important part. You need to have a PC already connected to the internet (which would be impossible if you did the above). You also need either a router or hub. Now, make sure you have an extra RJ45 LAN Cable. Plug that into your Xbox and the hub or router. Now you should have your PC and Xbox connected into the hub or router. Now it's simply a matter of running the gamespy software, looking for the xbox tab on the left hand side, then joining a game and asking the people there for the particulars!

Xtopia
05-18-2002, 01:35 PM
Wow...hold up! Do you even have broadband? Broadband is calbe, DSL, IDSN, T1, etc, etc. You must have broadband in order to play Halo online.
Also, there is a whole forum dedicated to questions like this.

P.S. Don't use Gamespy. Use XBConnect. Their address is www.xbconnect.com. You only have to download one peice of software and it is ALOT better!

RadRider
05-18-2002, 02:07 PM
I tried XBConnect and haven't been able to join a single game. Plus, there was about 1/10th of the people using it when I went onto it. I'm not saying it's like that all the time, but that's my experience with it.

smashnp934
05-19-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Wow...hold up! Do you even have broadband? Broadband is calbe, DSL, IDSN, T1, etc, etc. You must have broadband in order to play Halo online.
Also, there is a whole forum dedicated to questions like this.

P.S. Don't use Gamespy. Use XBConnect. Their address is www.xbconnect.com. You only have to download one peice of software and it is ALOT better!

Do use Gamespy. I have tried various versions of XBConnect and it has consistently lagged my T-1 connection at school!!! However, gamespy has many many more people, the setup is fast, and lagging has not occurred! T-1 connections rule!

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 01:15 AM
Do use Gamespy. I have tried various versions of XBConnect and it has consistently lagged my T-1 connection at school!!! However, gamespy has many many more people, the setup is fast, and lagging has not occurred! T-1 connections rule!

No. You'r wrong. XBConnect is much better! Plus, the new version (1.2) has just been released. And from what I've heard, it is awesome!
If you don't believe me, PM Inkslinger. He'll convince you, and help you to allow XBC to work with your setup.

silvertrace
05-19-2002, 01:23 AM
i'm with xtopia, its been tested that xbc has 17% less lag than gamespy, and with the release of 1.2, there is a ladder ranking ..............

gamespy is for AR newbs and rockets whor3s......:rolleyes:

smashnp934
05-19-2002, 01:23 AM

No. You'r wrong. XBConnect is much better! Plus, the new version (1.2) has just been released. And from what I've heard, it is awesome!
If you don't believe me, PM Inkslinger. He'll convince you, and help you to allow XBC to work with your setup.

He is not going to convince me worth ****. I have tried various versions of the XBConnect software since early April. The gamespy software is far superior!!

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 01:38 AM
He is not going to convince me worth ****. I have tried various versions of the XBConnect software since early April. The gamespy software is far superior!!

No need to get profaine! I was just trying to help you:rolleyes:.
But whatever, it is your loss...

smashnp934
05-19-2002, 09:14 AM

No need to get profaine! I was just trying to help you:rolleyes:.
But whatever, it is your loss...

Okay, but there is also no reason for you to just tell me I am wrong. I know for my situation I am right. End of story.

RadRider
05-19-2002, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I think that "no, you are wrong" bit was a little uncalled for, and basically just opened up the whole thing for a big argument. But now that it's over with, let's all go on about our business, shall we?

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 12:59 PM
I use gamespy. The adds are VERY annoying but its good because u can play a variety of players (from bad to good).
XBConnect i'm sure is good too but whenever i download it and try to open it, and error pops up and i have to re-boot. Thats just my experience.

Good luck! And Happy Gaming!

OEM Alien
05-20-2002, 01:56 AM
you're all wrong they both suck! the only one worth a poop is xbox online when it comes out. and that's gonna suck because you'll be forced to use a broadband isp like raod runner or some bs. this whole thing is starting to blow. :eek:

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 02:04 AM
XBConnect if far superior to Gamespy. I'm not going to mock Gamespy, however. Gamespy is the one that started it all, however, XBConnect took it to the next level.

XBConnect, not to be confused with XBoxConnector, is constantly being improved. Every time that it has been improved, it has been significant. To used XBConnect correctly, you have to use it a little differently than Gamespy.

To download XBConnect, simply save it to your computer...after it downloads, simply open it so it can load and select Finish. That's it :)

Now, to join a game on XBConnect, simply go to the search after you select the System Link option on Halo. This, of course, is on your TV. Now, on the computer, simply click "Join Game" and a list of games will pop up. Simply click on a game and it will say "Link Ready" on your computer. Your XBox will search for it and it will appear on your TV. Simply hit "A" and you're in :)

RadRider
05-20-2002, 02:06 AM
I was never able to actually joing a game with XBConnect, and the interface was hella ugly when I tried it last. I've never had any problems with Gamespy yet.
But, I haven't played Xbox online for a long time anyway, so when I go on next I might try XBConnect again.

Dre
05-20-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by OEM Alien
you're all wrong they both suck! the only one worth a poop is xbox online when it comes out. and that's gonna suck because you'll be forced to use a broadband isp like raod runner or some bs. this whole thing is starting to blow. :eek:

Huh? What the hell are you talking about?
Anyhoo, the reason that I'd recommend Xbconnect over Gamespy is that Xba and Xbconnect are teamed up together and you can get personalized support quick. I'm not much of an online gamer myself, but in the few times I have played Halo online I must say that Gamespy was alot laggier. Could have been bad luck, could be the software

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
I was never able to actually joing a game with XBConnect, and the interface was hella ugly when I tried it last. I've never had any problems with Gamespy yet.
But, I haven't played Xbox online for a long time anyway, so when I go on next I might try XBConnect again.

When you get a chance, download the new version. The user interface has improved dramatically. Damn, the entire program has improved dramatically! Give it a shot, you'll see :)

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
i'm with xtopia, its been tested that xbc has 17% less lag than gamespy, and with the release of 1.2, there is a ladder ranking ..............

gamespy is for AR newbs and rockets whor3s......:rolleyes:

I've had enough of those (rocket ho's)! But they have proliferated to XBConnect too.