PDA

View Full Version : Skateboarding sims

RadRider
05-18-2002, 10:30 AM
Anybody play Thrasher? Now that was a skateboarding game. None of that Tony Hawk style kickflip-kickflip-360shoveit nonsense.

I think it's time for a new Skateboarding sim. Sure, the super arcadey Tony Hawk games are good for the mass market and non-skateboarders, but I think any actual skateboarders would agree with me. Man, I miss Thrasher.

Hellraisr
05-19-2002, 06:32 PM
I'm not much of a skateboarder.. and sorry bro but I really hate skateboarding games arcade or otherwise. I don't think anyone would buy a 'flight sim for skateboarders'. What factors would you be able to control, drag vs. lift and rotation?

Originally posted by RadRider
Anybody play Thrasher? Now that was a skateboarding game. None of that Tony Hawk style kickflip-kickflip-360shoveit nonsense.

I think it's time for a new Skateboarding sim. Sure, the super arcadey Tony Hawk games are good for the mass market and non-skateboarders, but I think any actual skateboarders would agree with me. Man, I miss Thrasher.

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by RadRider

I think I played that game. Was it on PC?

lllSmokelll
05-31-2002, 09:54 PM
man, thrasher was my favorate when i had a playstation, it was beter than tony hawk cause like in tony hawk you get ur thousands of points from 900 spins, but in thrasher its like real, the only person that could do a 720 was the girl, everyone else could only do 540, and the grinding is so much more realistic

ScorpionX
05-31-2002, 11:10 PM
I used to skateboard and I had the game Thrasher, it was very fun. It was soo cool when a cop was chasing you with a tazer. I like TH better though.

Xtopia
06-03-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
I used to skateboard and I had the game Thrasher, it was very fun. It was soo cool when a cop was chasing you with a tazer. I like TH better though.

I agree...the TH series is superior.

GRAVEDIGGER
06-13-2002, 11:05 PM
We'll i've never seen or heard of the game Trasher, maybe thats because i'm not a scateboarding fan, but i do like the Tony Hawk Sims. Cause they are real easy to pick up and play, and its mad fun.

Untill next time...:mad:

faceoff508
06-14-2002, 02:28 PM
I dont like skateboarding games but my brother does!:D

Tkf5000
06-17-2002, 02:07 PM
Yea this idea ran through my head MANY times. In tony hawk you do a ollie backflip to 900 and u get like 5 points and u need like 75,000 and it gives u 2 minutes. Even on tony hawks sim mode its fake as crap.

RadRider
06-20-2002, 09:28 PM
I've got this idea for a crazy Skateboard Sim that's been running through my head for a little while now. I think it would be an amazing game, but I don't think the audience is there. I mean, selling 1000 copies is okay, but not enough to sustain the development of the game I'm thinking of...
And most people prefer the crappy arcadey games like SSX and Tony Hawk anyway.

Scarlet Spider
10-18-2002, 10:59 PM
i cant skateboard without falling and braking a bone or two.
i play top skater at the arcade though...