PDA

View Full Version : NightCaster Questions for anyone who's played it

Evil_InsidE
05-18-2002, 12:14 PM
I need a cheap and fun game to get me by until Morrowind comes out. I was thinking about picking up NightCaster. It will only cost me $20.00 which isn't bad if the game is fun. I like games like Gauntlet and Diablo. Once I get MW, I will probably be playing that for the rest of the summer, so I don't wan to spend a lot.

My questions are:

1. As a single player game, is it as good or better than Diablo or Guantlet: Dark Legacy? I rented Guantlet and liked it alot, dispite the fact that it got lower than average reviews and didn't really have the high quality graphics and models that most Xbox games have.(it had great/fast paced gameplay and tons of levels and items.

2. Are there a lot of hidden items and places to explore?

3. Is it worth $20.00 new?

4. Should I just wait for MW to come out and save $20.00?

Marc
05-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Save your money dude. Nightcaster sucks. I didn't even review it because it sucked so bad. It's not worth 20 cents, much less $20. Save your money for Morrowind, Hunter, and Splashdown. Go to the review section and read some of the reviews people wrote about it.

Master Gracey
05-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Marc's hit it right on the nose... the game royally sucks.

Don't buy it, don't even bother renting it. I was exposed to the game at my friends' house. They rented it because we went to school with some of the stuck-up turds who work at VR1 (the company who makes Nightcaster.) These people worked on the game so we were looking forward to an evening of good laughs at their expense. Unfortunately, the game was SO bad, we were hard-pressed to find any! I'm going to be writing a review of this terrible experience when I get the time to come up with some nice, scathing verbeage.

EDIT: By all means, SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR MORROWIND!!! It's only a couple weeks away, and you won't have the guilt of knowing you wasted money on Nightcaster. :D

Marc
05-18-2002, 12:42 PM
LOL! You were exposed to it. I would laugh and say you act like it's a virus, but you are right. It IS that bad, like a virus. Nice word choice though. I'll remember that in the future when I play bad games.

Evil_InsidE
05-18-2002, 12:53 PM
Wow, it's really that bad? What did you think of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy?

ScorpionX
05-18-2002, 01:33 PM
Between Gauntlet and Nightcaster, definitely get Gauntlet. I got bored of Nightcaster after about 10 minutes because it is very repetitive and the graphics are horrible. I thought Gauntlet was a pretty good game. It is very fun for a while, but it starts to get boring. Just don't buy Nighcaster.

Marc
05-18-2002, 01:46 PM
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was okay, but if you played it one the PS1 it is basically the same game. If you've ever played it before, I would not get it and save the money for Hunter the Reckoning which should be released next week. If you've never played it before, G:DL is good, but Hunter will be even better.