PDA

View Full Version : Is there any 'EXCLUSIVE' game for Xbox?

Cannibal Corpse
05-18-2002, 01:13 PM
All I see is crappy PC ports...Worse yet, it receives multi-platform treatments (Spider-Man, Blood Omen, etc.).

Is there any 'original', exclusive game going to be released for my dust collecting piece of hardware?

RadRider
05-18-2002, 01:19 PM
Halo, Dead or Alive 3, Project Gotham Racing, Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey, Azurik: Rise of Perathia, Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Hunter: the Reckoning, Rallisport Challenge, Fuzion Frenzy, and Blood Wake. Probably some I missed too.

Plus there are some excellent exclusive games coming out down the pipeline: Unreal Championship, Project Ego, Xavier Fox, Deathrow, Transworld Skateboarding, Transworld Snowboarding, Yager and others.

Plus, with the multiplatform titles that come out on Xbox, the Xbox version always looks better, runs smoother and almost always contains exclusive extras like more levels or something. Unless of course, it's EA who's porting the game, because EA are soulless whores.

Xtopia
05-18-2002, 01:19 PM
Ya there is a lot actually. Let me go grab my June issue of OXM.

Well, I can't find it, my bro took it on a road trip. But just wait till E3, all your questions will be answered!;)

Cannibal Corpse
05-18-2002, 01:30 PM
I hope so...I hope you are NOT referring to:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hunter, and other crap though. They are NOT what a quality game should be: Look at bump mapping, level design and errie effects the CAPCOM achieved on RE Remake for GameCube, and you know what I game should look like. (and plays)

Marc
05-18-2002, 01:49 PM
I was a little suprised to see that EA is making Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Buffy is supposed to be an exclusive xbox title and it's one of the reasons I traded in my POS2 for an xbox. EA are souless whores, but this might be a welcome change. Now if they would only loosen up a littoe with their sports titles.

MixMasta
05-18-2002, 02:06 PM
Hunter is not crap. that game is going to rock, and the reviews already say it does.

RadRider
05-18-2002, 02:26 PM
In your opinion. You haven't played it have you? I personally think it will be crappy. It looks like nothing more than a Hack and Slash game. Sure, it might be fun, and some people will love it. But, It's not something I'd buy the Xbox for.

Hugh_Jass
05-18-2002, 07:03 PM
All will be revealed at E3.

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Halo, Dead or Alive 3, Project Gotham Racing, Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey, Azurik: Rise of Perathia, Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Hunter: the Reckoning, Rallisport Challenge, Fuzion Frenzy, and Blood Wake. Probably some I missed too.

Plus there are some excellent exclusive games coming out down the pipeline: Unreal Championship, Project Ego, Xavier Fox, Deathrow, Transworld Skateboarding, Transworld Snowboarding, Yager and others.

Plus, with the multiplatform titles that come out on Xbox, the Xbox version always looks better, runs smoother and almost always contains exclusive extras like more levels or something. Unless of course, it's EA who's porting the game, because EA are soulless whores.

Unreal Championship is an exclusive? This is great. Although one could argue that it's not technically exclusive because it's on the PC, I consider an exclusive since it's not on PS2 or g@ycube.

And Xtopia, you're darn right I took OXM on a road trip!

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 07:31 PM
BRUTE FORCE!

kornavs19
05-18-2002, 07:42 PM
BRUTE FORCE!
Took the words outta my mouth......

BCan
05-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Unreal Championsip isn't exclusive to XBOX, it's just the renamed Unreal Tournament 2, and is going to PC as well.

stewy_gt
05-18-2002, 08:48 PM
Is there any 'original', exclusive game going to be released for my dust collecting piece of hardware?

Sure there are.

MotoGP
Deathrow
Brute Force
Project Ego
Quantum Redshift
Mech Assault
Duality
Strident
Dino Crisis 3
Whacked
SegaGT 2002 (is this exclusive)
Star Wars: Knight Of The Old Republic
+ some new ones which will be announced at E3.

I'm sure I missed some.

y2kash_14
05-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
In your opinion. You haven't played it have you? I personally think it will be crappy. It looks like nothing more than a Hack and Slash game. Sure, it might be fun, and some people will love it. But, It's not something I'd buy the Xbox for.

yeah, looks like a State of Emergency...only with Zombies

RadRider
05-18-2002, 08:59 PM
Unreal Championship is Xbox exclusive. Unreal Tournament 2003 for PC is basically the same, but there's two important differences. First, Championship will have Xbox specific graphic enhancements. Second, Championship allows you the ability to drive vehicles. Other than that, yet, they are the same.

BCan
05-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by stewy_gt

Sure there are.

MotoGP
Deathrow
Brute Force
Project Ego
Quantum Redshift
Mech Assault
Duality
Strident
Dino Crisis 3
Whacked
SegaGT 2002 (is this exclusive)
Star Wars: Knight Of The Old Republic
+ some new ones which will be announced at E3.

I'm sure I missed some.

Hmmmm, Moto GP: URT is out on PC at the same time as the XBOX, and SW: KOTOR is also coming out on the PC too, although it might be a little while after the XBOX version.

Unreal
05-18-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
All I see is crappy PC ports...Worse yet, it receives multi-platform treatments (Spider-Man, Blood Omen, etc.).

You posted this exact same stupid question at the other forums. I will say the same thing here. Sell your Xbox. You never have anything positive to say about it, if you even own one :mad:

LynxFX
05-19-2002, 05:12 PM
A game can be Xbox exclusive or PS2 exclusive or GameCube exclusive and still come out on the PC. The 'exclusive' only refers to consoles.

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
A game can be Xbox exclusive or PS2 exclusive or GameCube exclusive and still come out on the PC. The 'exclusive' only refers to consoles.

I did not know that...thanks for the explenation!:)

OppiumNitrates
05-19-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
I hope so...I hope you are NOT referring to:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hunter, and other crap though. They are NOT what a quality game should be: Look at bump mapping, level design and errie effects the CAPCOM achieved on RE Remake for GameCube, and you know what I game should look like. (and plays)

sorry brotha RE is nothing special . . . and never was

in fact most game that r made like RE where the angle of the camer forces u to change the dirction your walking r garbage

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

sorry brotha RE is nothing special . . . and never was

in fact most game that r made like RE where the angle of the camer forces u to change the dirction your walking r garbage

I was never a fan of the RE series either...

Kortiz
05-19-2002, 05:51 PM
project ego and brute force,

hunter the reckoning looks good too,

Sega GT2002

and many more.

xbox live will be UBAH, just wait and see.

what you all ****y about?

ahh well, i was and prob still am the same as you are. i paid over 400bucks, and like you probably want to make sure your investment was worth while.

i dont think xbox will fail its customers though, so dont sweat it.