PDA

View Full Version : Me vs the Xbox Controller

Koopa
10-07-2001, 07:39 PM
I went to EB today and they had some demo thingies of the Xbox controller...so naturally I gave em a try. They felt nice and solid, kinda like a chunkier N64 controller being held with the 2 side handles. AFter about 5 seconds you get the gist of the controller and you fingers fall naturally onto the analog stick and 4 action buttons, and the 2 rear triggers. The buttons are VERY small and your thumb covers them all up, so you can push the bottom one with the bottom part of your thumb and the top one with the top, without moving your thum...do u understand wat I'm saying? hehe

it was covered in plastic stuff, prolly to keep them nice and purttyyy, so i didnt get that good of a test run. now i wanna hold a gc controller!!

Aaron
10-07-2001, 08:35 PM
the buttons are the same size as the DC controller. Which isnt too small.

sinizuh
10-08-2001, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by FuNiOnZ
the buttons are the same size as the DC controller. Which isnt too small.

they are? well then, that's perfect size...

Aaron
10-08-2001, 02:41 PM
yep.. and if you say those were too small you know thats a lie cause they made it that way so you could press the 4 buttons plus start to reset the system..... they are perfect in size

KMoney
10-08-2001, 06:28 PM
I also tested out the XBox controller... it was a little big but it was good enough... and no matter what everyone is going to get use to it its not that hard.

Koopa
10-08-2001, 07:19 PM
notice i said "very" small and not "too" small...

Hermes
10-14-2001, 08:30 AM
I totally agree with Koopa. The buttons are perfectly placed to push with top and buttom of thumb...like you are supposed to do. I have seen people hold contollers in such jacked up ways that its no wonder they think it's uncomfortable. But hey you have to thank nintendo for the double button thumb push. I always did like how you had to hold one button down to make mario/luigi run quickly.