PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo on XBox?

Hellraisr
05-18-2002, 03:53 PM
Does anybody know if this will ever happen? It's my all-time favourite racing game.. too bad it's always on Playstation

RadRider
05-18-2002, 03:59 PM
It's not ever going to happen, and the reason for that is the same reason it's always on Playstation. Polyphony Digital are the developers of Gran Turismo, and guess what? Sony own Polyphony Digital. But we've got Project Gotham and Rallisport Challenge, which when their powers are combined; can completely annihilatet he miniscule muscles and power of this "grand turismo".

Hellraisr
05-18-2002, 04:01 PM
well I would never say never about Sony because I thought I'd never see Sonic on anything but a Sega system.. :)

But you are probably right about those other racing games. I haven't played those yet.. looks like I'll have to check 'em out. Which one is the best do you think?

RadRider
05-18-2002, 04:06 PM
I think Project Gotham is a better buy. The game is very challenging and rewarding. Even though it came out at launch, it's better looking that Gran Turismo is even.
Then again, Rallisport Challenge is unmatched as far as rally games go. The graphics are easily the best graphics of any game for any system, and control is magnificent. The only problems I can think of are that you can't travel very far off the track, and you unlock cars in groups as opposed to individual cars.

I can't tell you which would be better. Neither game lets you tweak your cars like in the Gran Turismo series. However, both games concentrate very heavily on Racing and pull it off better, I think, than Gran Turismo. You should rent both of them before deciding though. You might not agree with me at all, afterall!

Liquid Gears
05-19-2002, 09:37 PM
Rallisport Challenge is a way better buy then PGR. I had a lot more fun playing in then PGR.

OZXboxAddict
05-20-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Hellraisr
Does anybody know if this will ever happen? It's my all-time favourite racing game.. too bad it's always on Playstation

Don't worry . . prepare yourself to be totally blown away by Sega GT!! With over a 150 cars (including classic muscle cars) better graphics and the ability to tweak. You'll quickly forget Gran Turismo 3 with its rehashed tracks, cars and gameplay. :p

Freeze-B
05-20-2002, 07:42 AM
The only problem is Sega GT is only on DreamCast.I visited Sega website.Or am i wrong?

www.sega.com

OZXboxAddict
05-20-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Freeze-B
The only problem is Sega GT is only on DreamCast.I visited Sega website.Or am i wrong?

www.sega.com

Yes . . Sega GT 2002 is coming out on Xbox

You can either search xboxaddict for screenshots or go here (http://www.planetxbox.com/games2/3284.shtml)

I did check out the SEGA site and they are only giving details of the original Dreamcast. Expect more details of the new Xbox release at E3.

lllSmokelll
05-31-2002, 10:33 PM
grand tourismo sux. its graphics suck....suck.....suck. the only thing they got is the wide selection of cars and the upgrades, but they can make a better game

Xbox Owner
06-01-2002, 01:54 PM
Never going to happen

JADE8704
06-01-2002, 02:48 PM
i never really liked GT....hopefully sega gt 2002 or revolitionaire(sp?) will take over as the king of racing sims