PDA

View Full Version : The kind of fighting game I want to see

Hellraisr
05-18-2002, 03:57 PM
I want to see an anatomically correct fighting game

no not one with private parts, but one that when you kill someone (mortal kombat style) the insides are anatomically correct down to the organ. Yes I realize I'm a sick individual but I also realize there are lots of other sick individuals out there that would also enjoy and buy a game like this.

So if you developers are watching these posts, keep this in mind! The gorier the better! With realistic blood spurts and oozing entrails!

ScorpionX
05-18-2002, 04:01 PM
Yeah, that would be cool for Mortal Kombat, the blodier the better.

Hellraisr
05-19-2002, 09:35 AM
I loved the old pull the guy's head and spine off way back when

now they should do something a little more realistic and accurate, since they definately have the technology. I wanna see guts spilling out like the Taun-Taun on Empire Strikes Back.

Originally posted by ratm1mj7
Yeah, that would be cool for Mortal Kombat, the blodier the better.

NomadLLama
06-21-2002, 12:37 AM
no, mortal kombat is too bloody to be realistic. no blood may be unrealistic, but who is playing attention when they are haveing a deep fight with a friend? and come on, unless you have a weapon, cutting people in half is practically impossible. unless you turn into a dragon and bite half their body off! but we want realism, not some dumb-ass changing into a dragon (it sure would look cool, but meh..)

Vuldarak Zeta
06-23-2002, 02:36 AM
i want doa with unrealistic moves. like huricane kicks and fire balls. that would be killer!

NomadLLama
06-23-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Vuldarak Zeta
i want doa with unrealistic moves. like huricane kicks and fire balls. that would be killer!

yeah i know! what i don't understand is why they put in teleporting moves (hayabusa's multithrow has it, kasumi has some counters with teleporting), but no other unrealistic moves! its not like ninjas really can (could) teleport.

Vuldarak Zeta
06-24-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by NomadLLama

yeah i know! what i don't understand is why they put in teleporting moves (hayabusa's multithrow has it, kasumi has some counters with teleporting), but no other unrealistic moves! its not like ninjas really can (could) teleport.

have you met any ninjas? do you know for a fact that they cant teleport? :)

NomadLLama
06-24-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Vuldarak Zeta

have you met any ninjas? do you know for a fact that they cant teleport? :)

no i have not met any ninjas and all of the ninjas of feudal japan are dead. unless ninjas are superhuman beings with infinite speed, they cannot teleport. altho ninjas were known for their speed back in the day of the samurai, they were "spies".

cityson
06-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
the blodier the better.

Agree, also if you can use things that are picked up from the ground for weapons like knives, guns, chainsaw, etc...That would be cool. Yea, and I would like gore such as exploding brain, arms got ripped, hearts got pull out, etc etc....taht would be a great fighting game.!

Evil_Dr_Beefy
07-19-2002, 04:17 PM
i never been a fan of the bloodier the better when it comes to fighters or the fireball /super moves...i really like the fighting style of dead or alive 3.....counters and cool looking moves.. i just want to fight the guy not kill him.....

Master coder
07-19-2002, 04:44 PM
there are mre than 3 counters ithink dead or alive 3 graphics and when u get hurt u see the injury

Spaztic
07-24-2002, 10:55 AM
I want doa w/ weapons and realistic blood and body damage, hence you cut someone on the arm depending on the slice they either loose the ability to use the arm or it becomes slower or something like that. I also want to have one hit kills, in other words if you duck and it cracks you in the head and splits your skull you don't get back up! Kinda like a bushido blade, doa, mortal kombat combo!

Black_Tek
08-10-2002, 02:20 AM
The type of a fighting game that I would like to see is something like " Old School Kung Fu movies" not a lot of guns and grenades...I don't know about you all if u watch a lot of Kung Fu 70's flicks......A game that you can create your own charecter and choose any type of a fighting style for example " Jeet Kune Do, Muaythai, Silat and etc" andnot to forget to put a minor techniques and major on a side for example " Gymnastic, Boxing and gripping" I would prefer to be more like walking through a level and getting into one of the gyms or the Dojos to earn knowledge of fighting either by enrolling in a class and that requires money or defeating the master instructor to gain his brutal techniques for free....and from where I could get the money...probably to win some championships or cleaning the streets and take their money.....peace......:)

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Hellraisr
I want to see an anatomically correct fighting game

no not one with private parts, but one that when you kill someone (mortal kombat style) the insides are anatomically correct down to the organ. Yes I realize I'm a sick individual but I also realize there are lots of other sick individuals out there that would also enjoy and buy a game like this.

So if you developers are watching these posts, keep this in mind! The gorier the better! With realistic blood spurts and oozing entrails!

yes mortal comabat is coming hold up

Tkf5000
08-11-2002, 03:39 PM
blood and riping out hearts and stuff is cool but how are people suposed to fight lol. u pull a knife and cut the persons limbs off and stuff. and if its a really bloody game it aint gunna take like 80 hits to knock limbs off. im looking forward to tao feng. thats bloody but not as bloody as u want. u can break arms in it but cant rip em out of socket.

spike spiegel
09-09-2002, 03:12 PM
Well I'm looking forward to koukuto choujin, which promises to have near perfect physics, but the more realistic a fighter becomes, the less kool looking some of the moves you can do look. I'll probably leave koukuto as my serious fighter with somthing like mortal kombat deadly alliance as my bloodier less realistic fighter. Does anyone premeber that old game for the playstation called boushido blade or somthing, that game was ultra realistic,(one hit kills with swords and all)I thought it was quit fun. When I was raeding through a eruopean xbox mag they said square was going to make a boshido blade X for the xbox does anyone know if this is true?

samslophead
09-25-2002, 02:37 PM
The kind of fighting game that you guys seem to be talking about sounds a lot to me like TIMEKILLERS. I think that was the name of the game. It's probably 10 years old now, and the only place that I have ever seen it was at an amusement park by my house. The fighting was ok from what I remember, but you could cut arms off and stuff with this guy who had a chainsaw.

skysaw
10-04-2002, 02:28 PM
MONKEY KNIFE FIGHT!!!

Seriously though, I'd like to see something where the moves weren't all totally scripted. Or perhaps with the attacks being scripted, but the damage and victims reaction being physics-based. I'd also like to see cumulative damage reflected both in the graphics as well as impairing certain motions in your character.

I am also a big fan of interactive environments, and would like to see more done with a varied height fighting area. I love smashable things in DOA3... more please!

Finally, am I the only one who wonders why more of these games don't anti-alias their graphics? I hate them jaggies!! I need smooth, bump-mapped, self-shaded models, please! And ditch the cornball super-hero tight type costumes while you're at it!

jaxspider
10-07-2002, 02:53 AM
I want blood but I want it to look real. I liked MK1 amount of blood not mk3 where it was fake looking and there was a blood factory in every character.

Ethereal S. D.
10-17-2002, 02:34 PM
lol seriously!
In all the MK series, i found out that all of the characters contain an unatural ammount of blood. Like come on! These guys were so bruisable, you could poke em and they would squirt a few gallons of blood lol.

For my fighting game, i would lessen the blood for a punch being received to the face, include various weapons (like chairs, tables or whatever is lying around), removable limbs, changing fighting styles ( every time i push the white button or something, it would change the fighting style) and include drunken boxing as a fighting style.

you should have the option to make it as a 70's style martial arts spoof or play it seriously and all characters have their 70's style selfs and their serious sides. (I get dibs on The Chosen One) lol :)

Black_Tek
11-02-2002, 03:22 AM
There is no better than Double Dragon style...I am so tired from playing one against one....I am asking the developers to create a game of a good number of charechters and each has his own story...."Walking through a level an woop @$$ all day long babbe...I wish if there is a game developer who is a kung fu maniac movie reviwer or a Martial Artist.....working on a project comes from loving the art of fighting and understanding the abstract philosophy u need to read some of Bruce Lee's books to know what time it is....ripping heads off and testickals and arms is allright ; but with a sharp tool axes,plaiers for nails and Chuckadeeinas......keep it real and don't be drifted to Mars because we will die there...peace out and much respect for every artist up in here....

Black_Tek
11-02-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by jaxspider
I want blood but I want it to look real. I liked MK1 amount of blood not mk3 where it was fake looking and there was a blood factory in every character.
loooool...aBlood Factory and Fake Blood....u know what...I guess this is the "New World Order" every body up in this B#$%h is getting crazy.... looooool:p

Black_Tek
11-02-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Ethereal S. D.
lol seriously!
In all the MK series, i found out that all of the characters contain an unatural ammount of blood. Like come on! These guys were so bruisable, you could poke em and they would squirt a few gallons of blood lol.

For my fighting game, i would lessen the blood for a punch being received to the face, include various weapons (like chairs, tables or whatever is lying around), removable limbs, changing fighting styles ( every time i push the white button or something, it would change the fighting style) and include drunken boxing as a fighting style.

you should have the option to make it as a 70's style martial arts spoof or play it seriously and all characters have their 70's style selfs and their serious sides. (I get dibs on The Chosen One) lol :)

I liked your comment about the 70's style fighting old school $hit...but the problem is that those wack developers they don't grow up on studying Martial Arts and Watching movies..all what they wanna get is $$$ to get B!^*#es.......peace out...

Ethereal S. D.
11-03-2002, 11:33 AM
lol true dat, but still... here's hoping!

EHWfedPres
11-06-2002, 11:42 PM
Oh, so if you want realism in fighting games, fights would last 5 seconds tops, and the loser would be dead...

Ethereal S. D.
11-07-2002, 06:57 AM
LOL... more or less... yeah that would be fun.... but against a whole bunch of guys....would be more fun...

skysaw
11-08-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Oh, so if you want realism in fighting games, fights would last 5 seconds tops, and the loser would be dead...

With weapons, sure. With fists, try more like 15 minutes.

Black_Tek
11-09-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
what you said is pretty pretty real...thats why I love games going through levels....and I recommand that the developers create pre-levels before starting stage one to develop the fighter stamina and awareness.....the better we execute the moves and taking hits the longer the life bar gets for level one....for example the weight lifting part in Dead to rights is a better example for a course in a pre level....and I would like that going through a pre training level to be optional for those who are looking for better results before starting the game..... Capeesh....