PDA

View Full Version : New screenshots for Mortal Kobat: Deadly Alliance

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Midway has released an exclusive trailer to GameSpot that provides a better look at its upcoming multiplatform fighting game, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. The fifth installment in the series, the game marks the first all-new installment of the fighting series to be released exclusively on home consoles. The plot revolves around an alliance between the evil Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. The roster of fighters will include returning favorites Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Jax, Sonya, Kitana, Reptile, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi as well as new characters, such as a vampire-like character named Malvado and a demonic creature called Moloch.
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance will also features a number of new gameplay elements ranging from varied fighting styles and the use of weapons to interactive elements in the various fighting arenas. The details released on three arenas in the game, the acid bath, Kuatan Palace, and the lava shrine, reveal them to feature hazards that players must be conscious of during a battle. While the hazards do pose a threat to both fighters, they can also be exploited to allow one player to gain the upper hand in a fight.

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is currently slated to ship this fall across all platforms. Look for more on the game here at GameSpot next week from E3. You can also check out Midway's official Web site devoted to the game for further details.
From Gamespot

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/051802/mk/mk_screen001.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/051802/mk/mk_screen006.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/051802/mk/mk_screen005.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/051802/mk/mk_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/051802/mk/mk_screen004.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/051802/mk/mk_screen003.jpg

fear_this
05-18-2002, 08:07 PM
I cannot wait for this game. THis game looks so freaking cool. I mean the graphics and the new combination of the xbox's power is going to put this game to a lot of good. Also, the only thing i dont like is up by their names it has a little picture of the persons face. I think that just looks stupid.

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
I cannot wait for this game. THis game looks so freaking cool. I mean the graphics and the new combination of the xbox's power is going to put this game to a lot of good. Also, the only thing i dont like is up by their names it has a little picture of the persons face. I think that just looks stupid.

Where I dont see any names or pictures? WHat are you talking about?

fear_this
05-18-2002, 08:11 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/051802/mk/mk_screen006.jpg, on that image. look by the names. you can see pictures of their faces.

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 08:16 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/051802/mk/mk_screen006.jpg, on that image. look by the names. you can see pictures of their faces.

I see it now... well i have to disagree with you! It looks much better with the faces!

kornavs19
05-18-2002, 08:17 PM
I used to play Mortal Kombat, but I dont really care for that game.. I remember my favorite guy was Scorpion he used to say"get over here" I liked the first movie.. The screens looks like great graphics........

fear_this
05-18-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

I see it now... well i have to disagree with you! It looks much better with the faces!

Not really man, maybe if they made them look a little better. I mean you can see where there cut off. Maybe if i was a full head and blends into the backround at the bottom it would look cool. But the bad thing about the faces is that it seems to take up more room. Thats the thing i have about fighting games, you have like no room to see where your beating the crap out of the people at.

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 08:25 PM

Not really man, maybe if they made them look a little better. I mean you can see where there cut off. Maybe if i was a full head and blends into the backround at the bottom it would look cool. But the bad thing about the faces is that it seems to take up more room. Thats the thing i have about fighting games, you have like no room to see where your beating the crap out of the people at.

Its too small to take up much room! And also whats good about it.. is that you know automaticly who is who when you look at the health bar! You dont have to read the whole name!

fear_this
05-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Its kinda obvious when you look right at the name what the name says. Unless of course your blind. But i think they should just take them away. There pointless. And take up room. Even though there not that big.

faceoff508
05-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Its kinda obvious when you look right at the name what the name says. Unless of course your blind. But i think they should just take them away. There pointless. And take up room. Even though there not that big.

what ever make you happy, I was just saying like for people who are new to the series and were watching you play!

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 01:18 PM
This game looks AMASING. Enough said. Concider it in my CD tray. (By the way nice screens, those new-old MK characters look awsome!).

RadRider
05-19-2002, 02:32 PM
Bah! With that new fighting game unveiled just a little while ago, "TaoFeng", this game doesn't even look good. The Mortal Kombat series never really had a deep fighting system anyway. Even though I typically hate fighting games, TaoFeng like a keeper.

http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/mickurt/Images/sim-taofeng-0003.jpg

faceoff508
05-19-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Bah! With that new fighting game unveiled just a little while ago, this game doesn't even look good. The Mortal Kombat series never really had a deep fighting system anyway. Even though I typically hate fighting games, that other fighting game unveiled for E3 looks like a keeper.

Dont you like anygames... it seems to me that every game you see you dont like? which games do you like?

Snoopy7548
05-19-2002, 03:30 PM
for some reason, i can never see any pics from gamespot. all they have is red x's in the middle. that is the only website i cannot see pictures from. i dont have it blocked or anything, and its getting really annoying

Ichiro51fan
05-19-2002, 03:54 PM
i have always liked MK but this one just looks to jaggi for the xbox

if you know what i mean. its an excuse for pos2 but not the mighty black box!

Snoopy, you have to register at gamespot to look at everything now... :mad:

Snoopy7548
05-19-2002, 03:55 PM
oh, but even when the people here post the pics on the forums, i still get the red x. and i cant even see ANY picture on gamespot. even when i just go to the homepage, EVERYTHING is a red x

Carnage
05-19-2002, 04:02 PM
im not registered with gamespot and i have no problems seeing any of the pics.

Snoop, it might be a prob with your isp.. Ive had that prob with my cable. it was a result of massive packetloss

Snoopy7548
05-19-2002, 04:03 PM
oh, but why would it only happen with that site? every other site is working fine. do u think i should just reset my modem?

RadRider
05-19-2002, 04:12 PM
Faceoff - I don't like many games at all. I'm a born critic. :)

I have relatively high standards, but occasionally I let those go if the game is fun enough. I'll list some games from all platforms that I like:
Rune, Blade of Darkness, X-Com UFO Defense, Monkey Island 1 and 2, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Morrowind, Outcast and Rollercoaster Tycoon. I also thought Evolva, Nerf Arena Blast, Unreal Tournament and Jedi Knight II were fun for a while.

There's more games I like than that, but they're not games I play very often. I have Halo, Amped and Oddworld for Xbox, but they're really not all that fun, and I haven't really played them (besides Oddworld, since I just bought it) for several months. I'm really looking forward to Duality, Project Ego, Xavier Fox, Star Wars: KOTOR and Outcast II, but other than that, if I pick up a game, it'll be solely because I really, really want a new game, or for some other insane reason.
God only knows why I hang out around game forums and talk about games all the time when I don't care for them all that much even. Go figure. :s

LynxFX
05-19-2002, 05:05 PM
I agree with Ichiro51fan, this game looks WAY too jaggie right now and there is no excuse for a fighting game. I am also disappointed to see all the screens are 4x3. If you want to compete with DOA3 graphically you need to be 16x9 STANDARD and use the darn AA built into the Xbox. What is up with developers now? Sheesh.

I hope they are still working on it though because I really want this title. :)

Kortiz
05-19-2002, 06:02 PM
i will probly rent it first, i dunno the hype might make me get it but, i dont look at it like i look at Soul Calibur 2

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I agree with Ichiro51fan, this game looks WAY too jaggie right now and there is no excuse for a fighting game. I am also disappointed to see all the screens are 4x3. If you want to compete with DOA3 graphically you need to be 16x9 STANDARD and use the darn AA built into the Xbox. What is up with developers now? Sheesh.

I hope they are still working on it though because I really want this title. :)

Yeah, I agree with you on that one.:rolleyes:

GRAVEDIGGER
05-22-2002, 08:52 PM
Personally i cant wait for this game to hit the stores! The graphics look great on the XBOX and i know the gameplay will be improved almost to the point of perfection by the time its finished. Cant wait to get my hands on it..

Untill next time...:mad:

y2kash_14
05-23-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
Bah! With that new fighting game unveiled just a little while ago, "TaoFeng", this game doesn't even look good. The Mortal Kombat series never really had a deep fighting system anyway. Even though I typically hate fighting games, TaoFeng like a keeper.

http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/mickurt/Images/sim-taofeng-0003.jpg

yeah, that game looks pretty good. I hate those names though "Feirce Tiger"? "Fiery Pheonix"? c'mon, whats next "Ferocious Monkey??

Liquid Gears
05-26-2002, 08:27 PM
Mortal Kombat is only good in a 2D fomat game. I have got to be one of the biggest fighting game fans out there and I think this game looks like sh*t. There's no way this game will be very successful, especially when it will be competing against Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Soul Calibur 2.

Hannibal Lecter
05-28-2002, 05:25 PM
I like the MK series in general, but I have to say I'm not impressed with the screen shots of this.

XxeGoxX
05-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Is it or just me in screen #4 sub zero looks like a old man..anyways if you download the first trailer it shows them in combat..you get weapons i thank :-D

y2kash_14
05-31-2002, 09:09 PM
Yes.....Sub Zero is older