PDA

View Full Version : Soo much for FF on-line.....

Highlite23
05-18-2002, 09:27 PM
http://www.xengamers.com/sections/news/7392/

Final Fantasy XI Offline
7:00pm 05/16/02

While thousands of players gleefully picked up copies of Square's long awaited PlayStation 2 RPG Final Fantasy XI today in Japan, few have been able to play the game online. Despite Square's assurances regarding the ability to handle network traffic, the registration system for Square's PlayOnline service was overwhelmed within hours of the game's release. Square issued a formal apology regarding the problem this morning, and assured customers that they're expanding the registration system to handle thousands of simultaneous requests. It's currently unknown how long it will take to fix the registration system. Nevertheless, tonight we're pleased to present some new footage from the finished version below. Expect full impressions and more media in the coming days.

RadRider
05-19-2002, 12:36 AM
Well you'd think the makers of the best RPG's in the world would at least be able to guess how to make an online RPG work. [/sarcasm]

I mean, if you get several million preorders, you better have a damn good system in tact. Oh well, North Americans won't have to worry. Either Square simply won't let North American's play it online, or Sony will charge them each 20 bucks apiece per hour of online play. What do I care though? I don't like Final Fantasy.

Hugh_Jass
05-19-2002, 02:38 AM
I think MS has the right idea. Leave the networks to the networking experts and let the developers concentrate on the games. Sony left the network to the developers and the system crumbled.

Maybe EA should think twice about their networking strategy.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-26-2002, 10:02 PM
Oh well, thats their loss, thats what they get for going narrowband.

Untill next time...:mad: