PDA

View Full Version : Brute Force

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 10:17 PM
I was looking in the June OXM and read the feature they had on Brute Force. Although it really excited me, some of it worried me too. The concept is cool and innovative but risky. Squad based FPS have been neat in the past but some have been real flops. Some of the intricacies of the unique abilities and so forth are all innovative, however with innovation comes risk. So what do you think: Flop or "Next Halo"?

Right now, I think that I'll buy it and I'm sure it will be a great game, but I have questions as to how "Halo-ish" (in terms of gripping gameplay) it can be.

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:34 PM
Hopefully not too Haloish. It already sounds deeper than Halo, what with the intracacies of cooperative play and actual squad based teamplay. The thing that's got me is the no online play. I know there's 4-player splitscreen, but will there be a multiplayer mode besides co-op? Will there be bots supported? Will LAN play be supported? If that's a no, then the "already boring" Halo will have to suffice until Unreal Championship comes out.