PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Sales are doing GREAT!

Nick D
05-18-2002, 10:27 PM
:) I went to my local Funcoland and they said the Xbox
has been selling like crazy. They told me they have sold
around five or six Xboxs a day since they dropped the
price. They said they had only sold three PS2's since they
dropped their price. I personally know four people who
have went and purchased one since the drop in price. The
local stores here in Indiana where I live have all been
very low in supply if not completely sold out. I here alot
of this is going on and it is GREAT for the gaming
industry! Competition in the gaming market will only
increase the value of the games and future consoles!

Anyone else here of sales increasing around your area? Any feedback on this issue is appreciated.

Happy Gaming all!

Unreal
05-18-2002, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the positive news.

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Well, that's all good and fine, but that's one location in a country with several hundred such locations. And it's not the North American buyers that Microsoft is worried about - it's the European and Japanese. In North America, the Xbox is doing really well with the PS2. In Europe it's just began to catch up to PS2 sales, whereas in Japan, it's just caught up to Dreamcast sales. :D So if you've got positive info on the worldwide status of the Xbox, that's great news. Otherwise it's, unfortunately, not a good indicator of the status overall. Sorry to be a downer.

sinizuh
05-18-2002, 11:49 PM
well, since they sold nearly 10 million PS2s in north america and only about 2 million Xboxs, people would rather buy xbox (since they might already have PS2)

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 12:07 AM
I new it would continue to do great. I hope it continues to dominate the PS2. However from my piont of view ppl i know have been thinking otherwise....I think they're just being bias.

XBOX 4 ever.

Dutch
05-19-2002, 12:41 AM
I went to the Wal Mart by my house and they had probably 10 PS2's in stock and like 10 gamecubes, but they were all out of Xboxes:D sounds like the cut is benefiting the Xbox the most

smashnp934
05-19-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Dutch
I went to the Wal Mart by my house and they had probably 10 PS2's in stock and like 10 gamecubes, but they were all out of Xboxes:D sounds like the cut is benefiting the Xbox the most

Or quite possibly you did not account for how many of each system they had prior to the price reduction...

Kilik
05-19-2002, 10:46 AM
It's good to hear positive news, I love my xbox and I don't want
it to do likr the DC did, Remember the DC was an awsome system
and it did poorly in japan. What is it with the japanese market??

faceoff508
05-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Thtats great, now all we have to do is see what happens in Japan!

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Before the pricecut, my local Wal-Mart was always stocked with XBoxes. But since the pricecut, XBoxes have been out of stock. The same goes with the local K-Mart. :D

raXer
05-19-2002, 11:29 AM
I was at EB yesterday and they also said the XBOX was blowing out the door......:D

RadRider
05-19-2002, 12:14 PM
The Dreamcast was great?! Oh man, I haven't heard a good one like that in a while! :D Anyway, the Dreamcast was outselling the Xbox in Japan for a good long while. The Xbox finally surpassed Dreamcast sales about two weeks ago or so.

E-Xbox
05-19-2002, 12:59 PM
thats great news!

btw...

WELCOME TO XBA raXer and Nick D!!!

peace

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
The Dreamcast was great?! Oh man, I haven't heard a good one like that in a while! :D Anyway, the Dreamcast was outselling the Xbox in Japan for a good long while. The Xbox finally surpassed Dreamcast sales about two weeks ago or so.
yes dreamcast is great.and shenmue and crazy taxi 2 kicks some ass.i wonder why it failed?

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER

yes dreamcast is great.and shenmue and crazy taxi 2 kicks some ass.i wonder why it failed?

I hate the crazy taxy games!:(

dougi3000
05-19-2002, 06:07 PM
i dont know about you, but it looks like PS2 are doing better here since the price drop. PS2s are all sold out at Superstore (where they carry at least 8 PS2s), and there is still 2 Xboxes (they only carry 2 Xboxes per store).

oh well :)

MensurB
05-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Why is it that we need Japan, I don't really care about their games, the AMERICAN Games are just as good, actually they are better.

Nerrad529
05-20-2002, 12:44 AM
i don't know xbox is amazing though the price cut will definately help