PDA

View Full Version : XBConnect v1.2 RELEASED!!!!!!!!!

uber[BRINET]
05-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Attention Xbox Addict Forum Users:

The XBConnect Staff is pleased to inform you that XBConnect v1.2a has now been released. Go download it at http://www.xbconnect.com/downloads.html.

Updates:

(1) Global information profiler for each user which allows you to create an account with XBConnect, having other users able to view your profile(optional). This will also allow you to change you nickname in options without having to restart the application.

(2) NEW SLEEK INTERFACE on an already great program.

(3) User Count for each chat room.

(4) Advanced Op Controls

(5) Built in ladder, and global ranking system.

(6) NEW and IMPROVED help file.

Games served since April 1st, 2002: 137,956
Chat Room Record: 127 users

Isn't it nice to look at a web site and a free piece of software that isn't plastered with ads??? That's the way its going to stay! Tell your friends! The more users, the better.

X-Ray
05-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Holy CRAP!! This is incredible! How does the ladder work?

Have the upload req's been reduced?

uber[BRINET]
05-18-2002, 11:17 PM
They were already reduced in a previous version. He is going to do some more bandwith reduction in future versions. :)

RadRider
05-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Maybe now it's worth the download time. No offense of course, and I do realise it's always a work-in-progress.

X-Ray
05-19-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by uber[BRINET]
They were already reduced in a previous version. He is going to do some more bandwith reduction in future versions. :)

Yeah I know. It's just so important becuase I can usually only host 1 xbox, however I have hosted 2 before. So if the req's were lowered even a little that would help.

I just want to thank the people whoe make this software because it's the best.

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 12:19 AM
OH THANKS GOD NO ADDS!! I'M THERE JUST FOR THAT! THANKS!

uber[BRINET]
05-19-2002, 12:40 AM
cool! CYA THERE! :)

smashnp934
05-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Too bad when I attempted to use this software in early April it was too laggy and no one was ever online. I still think the superior software product is the gamespy tunnel. I can deal with ads if that means that the gamespy tunnel software can continue to be provided.

uber[BRINET]
05-19-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by smashnp934
Too bad when I attempted to use this software in early April it was too laggy and no one was ever online. I still think the superior software product is the gamespy tunnel. I can deal with ads if that means that the gamespy tunnel software can continue to be provided.

HAHA..you poor soul. You won't be missed. I feel bad for you though. All the spamming and n00b's in Gamespy. How can you stand it? XBConnect has much less lag than GS. Maybe you should run a speed test on your connection. It could always be your connection.

uber[BRINET]
05-19-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by X-Ray
I just want to thank the people whoe make this software because it's the best.

Thank you for your support.

silvertrace
05-19-2002, 01:15 AM

Thank you for your support.

i don't know who these people are that have flooded our forums, they seem to be impersonating the people at xbc.............:rolleyes:

*silver punches uberRAMA and tells him he's "it" :eek:

Spike Minoda
05-19-2002, 01:21 AM
I still cant figure out how to host.

smashnp934
05-19-2002, 01:21 AM

HAHA..you poor soul. You won't be missed. I feel bad for you though. All the spamming and n00b's in Gamespy. How can you stand it? XBConnect has much less lag than GS. Maybe you should run a speed test on your connection. It could always be your connection.

That crappy software will not be missed. Spamming? Nope, nada. And as far as my connection? Nada as well. Gamespy is superior on my T-1 college LAN connection!!!!

uber[BRINET]
05-19-2002, 01:22 AM
lol silver. You're always the joker! :) cya around.

dougi3000
05-19-2002, 01:26 AM
Will there ever be a NAT router fix?

I've been waiting for one since the first beta release!

I am stuck using gamespy all the time!

X-Ray
05-19-2002, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by silvertrace

i don't know who these people are that have flooded our forums, they seem to be impersonating the people at xbc.............:rolleyes:

*silver punches uberRAMA and tells him he's "it" :eek: [/QUOTE

Silver, you probably know me as Xtopia on XBC. Xtopia is my brother and we usually play under his name. Not everyone will play with the same name they post.

uber[BRINET]
05-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
Will there ever be a NAT router fix?

I've been waiting for one since the first beta release!

I am stuck using gamespy all the time!

I use a NAT router, the Linksys BEFSR41 4 Port Router, and it works fine for me. You do need to forward port 8602 for this to work though. Good luck.

raXer
05-19-2002, 11:10 AM
Hope noone hurts me for asking......
Is this only for people with a DSL connection?
I'm sure it is but I just had to ask since there is no DSL to my house yet....Thanks:D

uber[BRINET]
05-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by raXer
Hope noone hurts me for asking......
Is this only for people with a DSL connection?
I'm sure it is but I just had to ask since there is no DSL to my house yet....Thanks:D

DSL or CABLE.

dougi3000
05-19-2002, 06:12 PM

I use a NAT router, the Linksys BEFSR41 4 Port Router, and it works fine for me. You do need to forward port 8602 for this to work though. Good luck.

It is just a basic NAT, no firewalls, no closed ports. Everything is open. All other programs work WITHOUT any config changes, ssh, ftp (any port), http, telnet, newsgroups, gamespy, VNC, etc... all fine.

I am pretty sure there is some basic code that has been overlooked.

fanofslipknotib
05-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Every game I have attempted to join since 1.2 was released has been VERY laggy. Even a 1 on 1 game lagged out! I dont know what the problem is, but I know it isn't my connection because I have 273 upload speed.

OppiumNitrates
05-19-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by fanofslipknotib
Every game I have attempted to join since 1.2 was released has been VERY laggy. Even a 1 on 1 game lagged out! I dont know what the problem is, but I know it isn't my connection because I have 273 upload speed.

273 isnt that great. . .granted it should be able to handle a 1v1

but i havent had any problems since 1.2