PDA

View Full Version : Xbox's 1st Online Racer

Eliteocr X
05-18-2002, 11:30 PM
GameSpot UK has learned that UK-based Rage Software is currently working on a Lamborghini-endorsed racing game for the Xbox, which it plans to unveil at next week's E3 show in Los Angeles. Rumour has it that Rage will be wowing the crowds not only with the game, but by driving a Murciélago, Lamborghini's latest and as yet unreleased super-car, onto the showfloor.

http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1021765552,53977,

http://images.gamespot.co.uk/images/xbox/2001/lambo/gal_lambo_1_screen010.jpg

Hugh_Jass
05-19-2002, 02:33 AM
After playing RSC I don't think I can go back to track racing games.

Snoopy7548
05-19-2002, 03:38 PM
thats so cool, lamborghinis are awesome. this game will be so sweet online:D

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
After playing RSC I don't think I can go back to track racing games.

You did not like RSC? IMO, it is an awesome game!:p

wweomaniac
05-19-2002, 11:41 PM
I got RSC in the mail two days ago. The graphics are so nice!!!!!!!! ICE ICE ICE... I stare at the ice... anyways.

I hope this game won't turn out to be like the crappyu lamboghini game for n64. What was it called?? Lamborghini automobili... or somethign like that.

I never learned how to get out of the pit stop with that game.

Unreal
05-19-2002, 11:55 PM
This game looks very promising. I will be keeping an eye out for during its dev time. That is for sure.

stang46
05-19-2002, 11:59 PM
You did not like RSC? IMO, it is an awesome game!

I think he means that he enjoyed the Rally aspect of RSC so much(racing in dirt, sand, etc...) that he doesn't want to go back to racing on asphalt:D

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

You did not like RSC? IMO, it is an awesome game!:p

Dude, I think Hugh Jass was simply saying that he liked Rallisport Challenge a lot and really enjoyed how it is offroad. In fact, he probably liked driving off road so much that he feels that driving on pavement on a track would be difficult to go back to. That's the message I communicated from what he said.

Personally, I think he makes a good point, however, I have always been a die hard fan for Lamborginis, so, Rage should be cool :)

Duke
05-20-2002, 01:09 PM
I've been waiting for a must-buy Xbox racing game.

Not a huge racing fan, so when I buy one, I'll want it to keep me entertained for a while.

Liked RSC, just not enough to make it my racing game.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Sounds kinda promising, just gonna have to see what develops.

Thanx for the heads up Eliteocr.

Untill next time...:mad:

Hugh_Jass
05-22-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by stang46

I think he means that he enjoyed the Rally aspect of RSC so much(racing in dirt, sand, etc...) that he doesn't want to go back to racing on asphalt:D

BINGO!

I love the off road aspect of RSC. Asphalt is just too...tame.

MerimacHamwich
05-22-2002, 11:04 PM
RSC wasnt good enough for the duke guy? Holy crap,you must be expecting better than the real thing for a racing game then becuase rallisport challenge (at least in my opinion) was the most fun racing game to come out in a long time (excluding pgr, they are both good but rsc edges out pgr by a bit ). The graphics were good, controls were good, and the little detials they put in for the driving made it a must have on my list. However, like i said these are just my opinions and are not meant to be forced on others but it seems like his expectations are a little high. Personally i would like too see a more in depth version of tokyo exctreme racer come out. By more in dpeth i mean not just rice rockets but american cars and more customizability and more than one city to race in. Maybe even races on the highways on your way to the next city. I think the lambourghini game will be fun but... i dont like games with only one manufacturers cars in it.

Hugh_Jass
05-23-2002, 11:14 AM
I would have to say that PGR is my second favorite racing game. It still doesn't have the danger of RSC, but it is pretty fun.

Spaztic
05-23-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I would have to say that PGR is my second favorite racing game. It still doesn't have the danger of RSC, but it is pretty fun.

I agree completely, I wish the car didn't reset as easy as it does, I would have had some awsome crash replays if they didn't get cut short!.