PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Bundle Purchases

XERO
10-08-2001, 06:31 AM
i just have to say this: I AM ****ED OFF.....i do not believe that there will be a launch shortage of systems and IMO this is only a showing of greed on the retailers part.......considering the entrenchment that PS2 has in the market this is a policy that shoud be discouraged by MICROSOFT....not a great way to enter the console market Mr. Gates.

Dan Livingston
10-08-2001, 07:56 PM
The reason xbox is being sold in bundles is so microsoft breaks even. everybody knows that the money is in the games and not the hardware. so by bundling games and hardware, M$ stays even, or even makes money. if microsoft meets it's max estimate of 1.5 million units by the end of the year, and looses $150 a console (nobody really knows-worst case estimate) M$ could loose 225 million. The bundles are a little insurance.

XERO
10-09-2001, 05:51 AM
sorry...
i can't agree with you totally.
First, MS only receices a % of the license fee on a game, not the full profit.
Second, MS has enough units. If you do some reading in the financial sections of mags and newspapers you will soon see that the wholesalers are the ones who will make the big $$$$. Think about it: the retailer wants the Xbox....and the wholesalers do not want to sit on games/peripherals that may not move...solution...bundles. As for loss leader on systems....that is a given in the gaming industry....i will agree that the $$$ is made on software (the big reason piracy is fought), but the cost v. price is spread out over the expected life of the system so that in a calculated number of months with a certain number of units sold and game purchases, a profit will be reached.

l Maximus l
10-10-2001, 02:42 PM
I'm with you. I have to admit, I'm a little bummed due to the fact that I didn't get a clue to pre-order an XBox. Don't worry, I have beat myself enough...I don't need anymore from anyone!

Quite frankly, the bundles that are proposed completely suck! I hate it when they bundle a few games where two of them are awesome but then they shove in some crappy game and you end up having to buy it!

I hate to say it, but, I think I'm going to wait until after Christmas so I don't fall into the retail bundle trap. I have been patient for several months now, so, what's a couple more? Don't worry, I won't be deprived: A buddy of mine already pre-ordered one, so I'll be able to get my "fix" until January comes.

-Maximus

Xboxmaster2001
10-10-2001, 03:33 PM
WTF just camp at wal-mart or some place like that they dont have bundles

l Maximus l
10-10-2001, 04:11 PM
Xboxmaster,

Seriously? Do you think that people will be camping outside stores to get their XBox systems?

-Maximus

XERO
10-10-2001, 05:56 PM
i buy my games etc. from a local store in the n.y. metro area....if i can get a bundle with the games I choose iwill go ahead with the deal...if not, well, i refuse to succumb to the blantant hype retailing and sit out launch day.....and wait till its systems only. sorry MS.

Dan Livingston
10-10-2001, 10:17 PM
I have an indoor mall to go to. camping out won't be that bad. I specifically did not pre-order because i didn't like any of the combinations that they have.

mljones99
10-10-2001, 11:43 PM
i pre ordered a bundle and I picked exactly what i want. i would have been buying the same stuff on launch day anyway so it doens't matter to me.

I'm getting:
Xbox
extra controller
DOA3
Simpsons Road Rage
Project Gotham Racing

DOOM
10-11-2001, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Xboxmaster,

Seriously? Do you think that people will be camping outside stores to get their XBox systems?

-Maximus

YES! I Have One Pre Orderd & Would Like To Get Another One...
I Pre Orderd Mine 8 Months ago For 10. Bucks...
No Pre Orders Then...
But I Will Be Camping!

l Maximus l
10-11-2001, 12:04 PM
Camping out! Now, that idea is clutch! Because I missed all the opportunities to pre-order (and I don't like any of the bundles...though, one looks okay, but, I don't like one of the games).

I just want to buy a system and two or three games if I can. I plan on camping out at a store or something, fill my cooler with some beer, bring a brick of cigarettes, and chill with my fellow gamer-buddies so we can get out XBoxes on November 15th!

I didn't do much camping last summer...so, this could be some good times. I wonder if there are some Game Cube posters that we can urinate on after drinking so much beer? Hmmmm.... :D

-Maximus

mattcoxonline
02-24-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I'm with you. I have to admit, I'm a little bummed due to the fact that I didn't get a clue to pre-order an XBox. Don't worry, I have beat myself enough...I don't need anymore from anyone!

Quite frankly, the bundles that are proposed completely suck! I hate it when they bundle a few games where two of them are awesome but then they shove in some crappy game and you end up having to buy it!

I hate to say it, but, I think I'm going to wait until after Christmas so I don't fall into the retail bundle trap. I have been patient for several months now, so, what's a couple more? Don't worry, I won't be deprived: A buddy of mine already pre-ordered one, so I'll be able to get my "fix" until January comes.

-Maximus
Tee Hee.... :D

This is Maximus' first ever post in the General Discussion Forum....look at his signature......he hasn't got one.

Our little max now has over 3000 posts...