PDA

View Full Version : Post your best Halo tactics.

NonFanboy
05-19-2002, 12:35 AM
Well, how do you handle certain situations in Halo, flanking/maneuvers and whatnot. As most of you know, Halo is more then just a FPS game, fast reflexes isnt enough, you have to be very cunning at times if you dont want you and your Marines to get fragged to hell.

RadRider
05-19-2002, 12:37 AM
Hide behind rocks, use the handgun, and snipe your guts out! Oh, pack lots of grenades too.

X-Ray
05-19-2002, 01:32 AM
...But post them in my thread. JJ;) I think we can always use more than one thread about Halo tactics--it's such a broad topic!

Liquid Gears
05-19-2002, 07:51 PM
In mutliplayer battle, when ever I'm against a friend. I always take all the vehicles and make a base out of them. Ha ha ha. It's cheap, but I always win!!

X-Factor
05-19-2002, 09:00 PM
If there are a lot of aliens in a confined area, I usually keep my distance and throw fragment grenades right in the middle of them all.

From far distances I love to use the sniper. I am a crack shot sniper rifle (I'm good at hitting moving targets).

For close range combat I like using the assault rifle, the pistol, shotgon, and of course the plasma grenades (oh no! not again).

When I'm driving any vehicle, I like to try and run over as many covenant bastards as I can.

Those are just some the basic methods I use in Halo...

-The X-Factor Smack http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Dilr0y
05-20-2002, 12:54 AM
Well, my only advice to all of you is to stay alive and kill for the longest amount of time you're capable of.

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Dilr0y
Well, my only advice to all of you is to stay alive and kill for the longest amount of time you're capable of.

Sound advice, but is it easier said than done?

X-Factor
05-20-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
In mutliplayer battle, when ever I'm against a friend. I always take all the vehicles and make a base out of them. Ha ha ha. It's cheap, but I always win!! That isn't a good strategy for multi-player. If you did that against me, I would just throw grenades over in your area (everyone would know right where you were). :rolleyes:

Or I'd just stay away from your "easy to spot" base, and snipe your ass- or send a couple of rockets your way...;)

-The X-Factor Attack http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon8.gif

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 12:45 PM
In mutliplayer battle, when ever I'm against a friend. I always take all the vehicles and make a base out of them. Ha ha ha. It's cheap, but I always win!!

Same here!:D

Huckleberry
05-20-2002, 01:45 PM
my favorite ctf tactic is to get a shotgun and the camo and stand at the opposing team's base while they're running along w/my team's flag...then blasting stiffy when he's merely steps away from scoring.

my least favorite tactic is when stiffy does that to me!

Alien
05-20-2002, 03:02 PM
I like driving in a vehicle, (most of the time a ghost) with a sniper, then when I see somone, get out, hide, and kill them. Unless they see me, then I run. Cowardly yes, but I'm not too good in HALO.

The Reverend
05-20-2002, 03:38 PM
ahhhh....there are few things that please me more in Halo than when I have lots of sniper rounds (or other snipers) and we can just pick em off while they respawn.

I also hate when that is done to me

Hellraisr
05-20-2002, 06:02 PM
A cool tactic a friend and I use to get thru the regular missions in multi when set to a hard level:

when one of you is out of ammo, both fall back to a 'safe' zone and have the guy with ammo kill you off with a couple shots to the head with the butt of a gun. you'll respawn with ammo again. You can also do this if the other guy dies and you're almost dead so that he'll respawn and you won't lose your progress.

Plewis
05-20-2002, 06:05 PM
in capture the flag... if you are the blue team... grab a sniper rifle and keep ur pistol (also pick up the frag grenades if you dont play infinite grenades like me)... go through the portal, grab the invisibility, go to the left and go straight up to the big rock on the hill behind the enemy base (you can almost get all the way there on a camo without being spotted). wait till u guys form an attack. Throw a frag in the building to clear out a few defenders and snipe out the rest of the defenders. you can also see your base from this point so you can snipe people attacking you or taking their flag back. This has proved a great strategy in halo so far. I have been able to take out almost all of the defense completely by myself before.

No Fear 23
05-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by The Reverend
ahhhh....there are few things that please me more in Halo than when I have lots of sniper rounds (or other snipers) and we can just pick em off while they respawn.

I also hate when that is done to me

how do u know where someone will respawn?? do u know a pattern or something??

NonFanboy
05-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Tip 1: I have noticed alot of people use the Assualt Rifle as if they have unlimited ammo ex: Holding down the trigger (sprey and pray) until your targets are dead or until they run out of ammo. Whenever I use the the Assualt Rifle, I shoot it in burts's of full auto instead of just keeping the trigger down, this does 2 things: 1 save's lots of ammo, and gives you the oppertunity to aim, because most of the time the aliens wont stand still, they will try to evade you while your shooting at them: 2 with a bit of practice, this will teach you to be a crack shot, instead of sprey and pray all the time. You will notice that it also makes you look real proffesional like around your friends (who cares..) Hold down the trigger for about 1-2 full seconds and then release and compensate for your enemies position and then fire again, thats how they teach you to shoot a weapon in the military, it works great in Halo too.

Tactics: Buddy Buddy, thats whats I's calls it's.
Buddy Buddy is a tactic for co-op. To do this, you will need to have one guy lead while the other stays about 30-50 feet away, what you are doing is basically playing leap frog, each of you take turns moving to a bunker/tree/rock/whatever in a leap frog like fashion. This works best when you have to flee from a fight, but it can be used as a offensive manuever. This can also open up some great flanking oppertunities.

Thats it for Non's Tips of the day, come back tomarrow for some more.

Plewis
05-21-2002, 09:34 AM
i tried something I heard about online last night. Its where you go up to that tower in blood gulch, you know where you have to use the ghost. Well if you do that trick where you go off the map, and go straight up, then you turn to the left, and jump out, you will be held OTM by the ghost, and you have the best sniping spot in the game... cheap but its the best. BTW I will never use this online or anything just when I have friends over and Im trying to impress them:D

OppiumNitrates
05-21-2002, 01:11 PM

your friends must suck suck at Halo . . . i would kill u instatlly if u tried that agaisnt me. . . come play with me at XBConnect some time and be mind-full yound padawan . . .

sorry i cant post any of my secrets here or they wouldn't be secret anymore. . . . besides when i go online to play . . . . i put in all the cheat codes . . .
right - silver and NightCapper . . . .LoL

OppiumNitrates
05-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by NonFanboy
Tactics: Buddy Buddy, thats whats I's calls it's.
Buddy Buddy is a tactic for co-op. To do this, you will need to have one guy lead while the other stays about 30-50 feet away, what you are doing is basically playing leap frog, each of you take turns moving to a bunker/tree/rock/whatever in a leap frog like fashion. This works best when you have to flee from a fight, but it can be used as a offensive manuever. This can also open up some great flanking oppertunities.

Thats it for Non's Tips of the day, come back tomarrow for some more.

thats kinda lame me and my boy played it on Legendary and we play a leapfrom kinda game but we would stay closer and cover each other like i woul move to a tree look around and then he would move up the the next tree/rock/whatever and so on like u see in tactical army movies . . . we would only run away to get the other guy respawed if he died . . . didnt really take the suicide bomber aproach

Plewis
05-21-2002, 01:44 PM
when my friend and I went through on co-op, if one of us got really hurt in the battle the other one would melee him n the back after its over then he comes back with full health. and yes it's very cheap but easier to win:p

NightCapper
05-21-2002, 02:47 PM
Ill step to u and punk u in the mouth then blast your guts on the wall with tripple 000 buckshot rounds. Creep up behind u and crack the back of your head open then blast your corpse on the floor with the AR. Then i will pry your wepons from your hands as u convulse in death. . LOL
http://www.yoursighost.com/members/NightCapper/sig2.jpg :eek:

NightCapper
05-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

your friends must suck suck at Halo . . . i would kill u instatlly if u tried that agaisnt me. . . come play with me at XBConnect some time and be mind-full yound padawan . . .

sorry i cant post any of my secrets here or they wouldn't be secret anymore. . . . besides when i go online to play . . . . i put in all the cheat codes . . .
right - silver and NightCapper . . . .LoL
I always put on the cheat codes, i cant play without them. Man i suck but with the cheat codes on i am GOD. . . LOL:cool:

OppiumNitrates
05-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by NightCapper
Ill step to u and punk u in the mouth then blast your guts on the wall with tripple 000 buckshot rounds. Creep up behind u and crack the back of your head open then blast your corpse on the floor with the AR. Then i will pry your wepons from your hands as u convulse in death. . LOL
http://www.yoursighost.com/members/NightCapper/sig2.jpg :eek:

ROTFLMFAO . . .

fuk yea bro u tell 'em

silvertrace
05-21-2002, 03:41 PM
can't have a halo trash talk thread without me.............:eek:

I AM THE XBA CHAMPION, u must dethrown me to get ur RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!

btw.....there are only a select few on here that are actually any good and they just so happen to be my buds, so no trash talk for oppy, jjax, maxy or xtopia........BUT U KNOW WHO UR DADDY IS;)

E Nomini Patri
05-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Throw plasma nades on Grunts so they run back to their Elite protectors! Boom!:D

SpartanSniper
06-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Grenades and the S2 AM Sniper Rifle are all you need to kill ANYONE.

~ SpartanSniper (SpartanSniper@Yahoo.com)

Masta Chief
06-11-2002, 05:02 PM
In multiplayer I really **** off my newbie friends. I set it to only rocket launcher and the highest shield. Then the fun begins, I simply just dodge the rockets and fire back at them, killing them. They get so mad, they pull my chord out the slot and shoot me. :cool:

SpartanSniper
06-12-2002, 01:12 AM
Enemy around the corner and you have 2 plasma grenades but no ammo?

Use the mortar effect by throwing a plasma grenade and then throw another right next to it.

-OR-

Become a kamikaze by throwing a plasma grenade straight down, sometimes the grenade will attach to your feet. Run towards your opponent and start meleeing. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Masta Chief
06-12-2002, 06:33 AM
For an even cooler dying scene, jump before it explode.

The Reverend
06-14-2002, 03:26 PM
It is not so much a pattern as you can see thier base. If you can see their base then you know where they will respawn. As they respawn, kill them, then they will respawn again.

xboxman_1
06-15-2002, 12:16 PM
This only works if you have radar on, (which I know most people hate) and it goes very well with Damnation. Stand around a corner and don't move, so they can't see you on radar. (O ya, you need a shotgun and frag grenades) Once you see them coming around the corner on radar, throw a grenade. 99% of the time the player will instinctively jump, and they will still get hit with the grenade. Then cap them in the air with the shotgun for a very cool effect. Not exactly complicated or a secret, but it's one of my favorite ways to kill someone. (In halo that is)

Sargent_Ryan
06-16-2002, 05:05 PM
Will someone give me some help on the third level on legendary. It is the checkpoint when you first get put on the covenant ship and they come at you from all the different doors. I can't get past it it seems like they just keep on coming at you. After a while can I just run out of there or do I have to fight. When I beat the game on normal I remember killing everyone in there and then moving on but in legendary it seems like they never stop coming. Do I go hide in some corner and shoot or something like that?

Masta Chief
06-20-2002, 07:36 AM
Now about that level...I have to admit I had trouble the first time I tried that level on legendary but After a little bit I beat it easily..Now what I do to beat it is I get rid of all the gold swords men...don't worry about your men..Then I save the health pack for a last resort. After I get all the of the covenant bunched up on one side I hide behind a box then I just run out and waist as many as I can..Then I hide behind the box for my shields to regenerate. I then rinse and repeat...Make sure most of the covenant are gone already or they can ambush you..Then 2 hunters will enter..If you have trouble with hunters...you need help..

OppiumNitrates
06-20-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Sargent_Ryan
Will someone give me some help on the third level on legendary. It is the checkpoint when you first get put on the covenant ship and they come at you from all the different doors. I can't get past it it seems like they just keep on coming at you. After a while can I just run out of there or do I have to fight. When I beat the game on normal I remember killing everyone in there and then moving on but in legendary it seems like they never stop coming. Do I go hide in some corner and shoot or something like that?

they do attack alot but the trick is to always know where they r comeing from by the radar and be quick heres the plan . . .

When u enter the room there r 4 doors that the aliens come from watch the radar when u see which door they r someing from throw a grenade or 2 into it when it opens finish off who ever lives and look for the next set of guys . . . remember u must be fast kill the bad guys and move to the next set or get swamped and die . . . after a while they might come from 2 doors at the same time just make sure u kill off enough guys on one side to keep cover when u need your shield recharged

Masta Chief
06-20-2002, 06:01 PM
Well Ya see on legendary I was taking out one golden swordsman while another was killing my men..So at the end I had to do it alone...Thus I came up with the plan..I had 3 golden swordsman come out..as the number is random..