PDA

View Full Version : Nhl 2002

Hellraisr
05-19-2002, 08:41 AM
I saw some clips and screenshots of this game and it looks to me like the fighting sucks. When are they going to finally let you jersey the guy and where is the swearing? Anyone that has watched real hockey knows that even a team's coach swears during a game (via reading lips)

Marc
05-20-2002, 12:25 AM
excellent points...

johnstorm83
05-21-2002, 03:40 PM
But the game was directed towards the general gamer. And as soon as language is added then the rating will jump to a confined group of people and result in lower sales. the NHL franchise was started for all hockey fans, not just the blood thirsty goon fanatics, but people who were in it for the finesse and abilities of the guys like the Modanos,Jagrs and Yzermans. But give them credit, I think the fighting has improved dramatically since the early nineties, so just give them time. And even if the language filter is optional, younger kids wont be able to purchase the game, and if you cut off the new buyers now, what's left in the future?

Let the company focus on the crowd, the camera and the coaches ( absolutely terrible) for now, and improve the fighting later on, but im not saying we dump the fights, as an avid PJ Stock fan, with no fighting I also would probably enjoy it if they would add stuff like being jersyied( did Webster makea word for that yet? Oh, Canadian addition eh?) they're runnin out of things to improve on, so just be patient, 2004 will be the status quo for hockey games

Patience is a virtue, and I think hockey fans are gonna have to be Domi-Lama-ish (I know I know)

lllSmokelll
05-31-2002, 10:07 PM
i have NHL2002 and the fighting is stupid, i just slam on the X botton and never lose.