PDA

View Full Version : Future RPGS?

Hellraisr
05-19-2002, 09:05 AM
I really wish they'd make some sort of RPG in the future. Not really like Final Fantasy but more like.. maybe based on the GURPS RPG system. There is a lot to work with in that system and many games could be created based on that.

I dunno about you but I really do get tired of swords and sorcery after a while.. I'd love to play with a laser gun and cybernetic upgrades instead. Well, magic could still be in there too, but I'm really hoping for some high-tech stuff to come out. I think we've beaten the slay the dragon stuff to a pulp now..

RadRider
05-19-2002, 03:27 PM
Yes, something like Duality. Shadowrun on the SNES was one of my favorite games ever. It would be so sweet if more games like that came out.

jspike
05-19-2002, 04:16 PM
I think a rpg set in the future would be great. imagine if there was a game as huge as morrowind but set in the year 2150, now that would have to be badass.

Dre
05-20-2002, 02:23 AM
By futuristic, you mean like Star Wars: KOTOR? Thats going to be one AWESOME rpg with a timeline in the distant future. And it seems it will be just as open-ended as Morrowind. Lets hope it delivers!!

RadRider
05-20-2002, 02:28 AM
It probably won't be as open-ended as Morrowind, but that doesn't mean it will be a slacker either.
When I say futuristic, I typically think "post apocalyptic" style futuristic, like Shadowrun. Which is wierd, since I like Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series style of future far better than the post apocalyptic thing.

Dre
05-20-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by RadRider
It probably won't be as open-ended as Morrowind, but that doesn't mean it will be a slacker either.

Did you have the opportunity to read the huge preview for KOTOR that they had in the OXM mag a couple of months ago?

Hellraisr
05-20-2002, 06:32 PM
Actually there is quite a few scifi MMORPGs out there..

I was kinda just hoping for the regular kind that you don't have to pay a subscription every month to play.

BTW I am glad sony owns everquest because that means it probably won't come out for Xbox .. I really hate that game

Originally posted by Dre

Did you have the opportunity to read the huge preview for KOTOR that they had in the OXM mag a couple of months ago?

Dre
05-20-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Hellraisr
BTW I am glad sony owns everquest because that means it probably won't come out for Xbox .. I really hate that game

hehehe.. I've never tried it.. but it sounded addictive. I hate the fact that you have to pay on a monthly basis though.

I'd much rather have a more immersive single player experience than play a MMORPG. I think its just because I like to do things at my own rythm without feeling the pressure to level-up, etc.. However, I'm sure there will be a killer MMORPG that I will HAVE to play that will come along sooner or later..

XxeGoxX
05-29-2002, 07:55 PM
I like all types of Rpgs future and past.

Felon
05-31-2002, 06:21 AM
I suggest Anarchy Online