PDA

View Full Version : The CLAW controller!!!

XboxGamers
05-19-2002, 02:59 PM
WOW! Looks cool!!

http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3114

This allows gamers to play First Person Shooter (FPS) games, such as Halo, using the familiar mouse and ClawTM set-up (please see attached image). The mouse performs a standard “mouse look” function as well as primary and secondary fire modes. The Claw™ controls player movement and weapon configuration. All standard Xbox controller buttons are handled by the mouse and ClawTM setup.

http://www.teamxbox.com/images/dailyposts/theclaw03.jpg
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/dailyposts/theclaw01.jpg
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/dailyposts/theclaw02.jpg

Xbox Owner
05-19-2002, 03:03 PM
wow, that is pretty cool, but I won't be buying one, I like my current xbox controller:D

faceoff508
05-19-2002, 03:18 PM
I already posted this!

Icey_Princess
05-19-2002, 03:22 PM
looks cool :)

RadRider
05-19-2002, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I was looking at this earlier. Definitely looks worthwhile. As much as I like First Person Shooters on Consoles and PC's, I just suck at them on Consoles because they aren't setup like on PC's. The only drawback I see is that there's no analog movement. Otherwise, sweet!

Snoopy7548
05-19-2002, 03:27 PM
it looks cool, but with the hand controller thingy, how are u supposed to hit the buttons? like, how can u remember where each button is without looking? id probly be hitting the wrong ones if i used that

Master Gracey
05-19-2002, 03:36 PM
Mmmmm... yummy yummy Carpal Tunnel! :D

Ichiro51fan
05-19-2002, 03:50 PM
Hmm.... That will take some getting used to. But If they had a game that supported it, who would get it? Just curious.

Snoopy7548
05-19-2002, 03:53 PM
i just wish they would make a mouse and a keyboard. it would probly make halo much easier to play and stuff.:D

RadRider
05-19-2002, 04:15 PM
Ichiro - all games support it. It's just the Xbox controller mapped onto the left hand keypad and a mouse. So, technically, you could play Oddworld or Amped with it. But, it is meant for First Person Shooters, since them and mice were basically made for each other. Also, you can use any mouse. You only buy the left hand keypad and the port, however it looks. I think the keypad and your standard mouse plug right into the controller slot on the console, I'm not sure exactly.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd buy it. I used to defend console controllers being used in First Person Shooters, saying it didn't affect performance at all. But I'd have to disagree now. Compared to how I play FPS's on PC, I suck on consoles. Provided I had the money, and a First Person Shooter on Xbox that I play a lot, then I'd pick up the Claw easily.

--edit--
Hey snoop, that is a mouse and keyboard for the Xbox.

OppiumNitrates
05-19-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i just wish they would make a mouse and a keyboard. it would probly make halo much easier to play and stuff.:D

a mouse and keyboard dont belong on a console. . .

that thing looks like a peice of garbage. . .

i wouldnt use that if someone paid me. . . well thats prob the only time i would use it

Frostberg
05-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Well, does this thing have force feedback? I still think the controller is best...

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

the "Claw" looked like a mouse and a keyboard to me...:confused:

Snoopy7548
05-19-2002, 05:57 PM
the claw isnt really a keyboard. its just a weird controller

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
wow, that is pretty cool, but I won't be buying one, I like my current xbox controller:D

Agreed. It does look pretty cool, but too complicated for me. Rather stick with normal xbox controllers.

LynxFX
05-19-2002, 07:03 PM
I would give it a shot. I'm one of those that would jump on a keyboard and mouse for the Xbox in a microsecond. I don't really care for the 'claw' look of the keyboard side. Just make a friggen 16 key keypad. How hard is that?

E-Xbox
05-19-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
i agree
looks cool...
but the normal controller is fine..

hehe

peace

JimmieDoogan
05-19-2002, 09:40 PM
If you can configure every button (so I can have mouse 2 as walk) I am so there. This thing looks great provided its responsive.

fear_this
05-19-2002, 10:10 PM
Wow, that looks pretty stupid. It kinda look like it would be the controls like from an arcade thing ya know. Like with the joy sticks and the quarter size buttons. I think its pretty stupid

X-Ray
05-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Well anyways...if it is a keyboard/mouse do ya'll think it will give an unfair (or fair) advantage over handheld controller users in FPS's"

GRAVEDIGGER
05-19-2002, 10:52 PM
Looks pretty dam annoying, dont see myself buying one of those.

Untill next time...:mad: