PDA

View Full Version : 2nd best?

Icey_Princess
05-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Besides Xbox which of these consoles do you think are better. GameCube or Playstation 2?

faceoff508
05-19-2002, 03:57 PM
iF I AHD TO CHOOSE bettween graphics I would pick the gamecube..
If i wanted games I would get the PS2

Xbox Owner
05-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Well, I don't know, I personally think gamecubes graphics are kind of tacky yet, yet the can be amazing. PS2, has very good games, not the best graphics, but some games have good graphics.

But, if I had to choose, I would pick gamecube, because Ps2 is getting old, and dying slowly.:eek: And gamecube is new, and has potental.:)

RadRider
05-19-2002, 04:21 PM
I haven't been impressed with anything I've seen on the GameCube, so by default it'd be the PS2. Plus, the PS2 has a strong, strong userbase, so you're garanteed that games will keep coming out for it for a long time. Also, there are already a few games for the system I'd probably get, like: Star Trek Voyage: Elite Force, Giants: Citizen Kabuto (even though I have it for PC), Rune (ditto), Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Simpson's Skateboarding (just kidding. Even a skater like me wouldn't touch that ;)), and Deus Ex. Hmm. I guess those are basically all PC games huh? Look which console is more ripe for PC ports than the Xbox. Anyway, those are all good PC games, for all the games that are pc games, and the fact that the PS2 has them makes me want it more than the GameCube. I mean, who wants a graphically redone version of a tacky horror game with terrible controls anyway? Sure it looks cool, but it's probably as fun as the original was, and that's not a good thing.

Boomer
05-19-2002, 04:50 PM
Between game cube and Ps2, I would choose Ps2
Gamecube is too kiddy kid and Ps2 has triple the amount of game selection then the Gamecube does

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 05:14 PM
I would choose a PS2. It does, no matter what anybody says, have awesome games. Most of which are coming to the XBox!

Kortiz
05-19-2002, 05:55 PM
do i have to choose? i mean i want a better selection then these 2 options.

i would choose DC.

VenoM
05-19-2002, 06:10 PM
gamecube of course...hate them ps system jaggies :(

Shorezy
05-19-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508
iF I AHD TO CHOOSE bettween graphics I would pick the gamecube..
If i wanted games I would get the PS2

Couldn't Agree more

Snoopy7548
05-19-2002, 07:05 PM
id say ps2. i dont really like any of the gamecube games. the ps2 has alot of games, and alot are pretty good

Icey_Princess
05-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Between game cube and Ps2, I would choose Ps2
Gamecube is too kiddy kid and Ps2 has triple the amount of game selection then the Gamecube does Its a fact that the average user for the NGC is 14-15 years of age (according to nintendonet). Its also a fact that less than 1/4 of the Games on Gc are Kid centric.

Liquid Gears
05-19-2002, 07:54 PM
PoS2. But that's only because it has all the Street Fighter Games, which most people would say is Bull Sh*t!!!

Frostberg
05-19-2002, 09:21 PM
I'd get a GC because its newer, so it wont be obsolete so fast...Id still rather have a DC because of the $5 2k1 games and all the other super cheap DC games....I just wish I bought a new one when they were $50, now you have to buy a used one for like $65!

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
I would choose a PS2. It does, no matter what anybody says, have awesome games. Most of which are coming to the XBox!

It does have good games, however I'm not sure how many are eventually coming to X-Box. But we're making our own games that are sure to surpass PS2 in excellance if not in sales.

X-Ray apoligizes, he thought he was signed in under his account but apparently Xtopia's cookies were still active. Sorry about that.

X-Ray
05-19-2002, 09:45 PM

It does have good games, however I'm not sure how many are eventually coming to X-Box. But we're making our own games that are sure to surpass PS2 in excellance if not in sales.

X-Ray apoligizes, he thought he was signed in under his account but apparently Xtopia's cookies were still active. Sorry about that.

Woops, please credit the above words of wisdom to me. lol.

Alfonso
05-19-2002, 10:48 PM
GameCube its all in the Handle baby :cool:

Icey_Princess
05-19-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Alfonso
GameCube its all in the Handle baby :cool: what are you doing here!? :(

GRAVEDIGGER
05-19-2002, 11:03 PM
Well if i had to choose it'd probably get PS2, wait...i already have a PS2:confused:. Well if i were to choose another system it would be the Cube, only because it has that new wrestling game coming out for it.

Untill next time...:mad:

Xtopia
05-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
what are you doing here!? :(

Is that really you'r bro? My brother surfes and posts here...it is annoying. His username is "X-Ray"

wweomaniac
05-19-2002, 11:09 PM
ps2.. game r more important than grphx

Liquid Gears
05-19-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
what are you doing here!? :(

LOL

Nerrad529
05-20-2002, 12:36 AM
don't like either xbox xbox xbox

OEM Alien
05-20-2002, 02:05 AM
here's how the 4 next generation consoles rank in terms of games, graphics, controllers, and hardware.

1. xbox
2. dreamcast
3. gamecube
4. ps2

notes:
xbox has the best hardware, the software (games), the best graphics, the best controllers, and the best sound.

dreamcast has the second best lineup of software, and the second best hardware. it also has THE WORST controller. but had the best graphics BUT ONLY WITH A VGA ADAPTER... PSO is proof.

gamecube has the most potential out of it and the ps2, the controller sucks, and the graphics are way better than the ps2. there are nearly no good games and or nearly no games at all for the gamecube.

ps2... this thing is an outdated p.o.s. the only thing going for it is the fanboys approval and it's controller which is one of the best ever, but is now becoming a relic, a ton of games, but almost all of them suck so it doesn't matter anyways. the graphics are a pile of hot steaming poop, so is the hardware. there's no way around these truths.

the end

:)

Icey_Princess
05-20-2002, 07:17 AM

Is that really you'r bro? My brother surfes and posts here...it is annoying. His username is "X-Ray" yah its him :(

E-Xbox
05-20-2002, 08:20 AM
i wouldnt choose n e of them...
id upgrade some of my computer...
hehe....
no but seriously...
ps2 is gettin old and is dieing a lil bit...
whereas gc is brand new...
its a tuff decision...
id go with a ps2...
cuz they are gettin online play....

peace

Hugh_Jass
05-20-2002, 12:07 PM
GC for me. Once they get down to $100 I'll probably pick one up. That should be in time for Christmas, right?

playmoresoccer
05-20-2002, 03:43 PM
PS2. That was not a hard choice for me. The Gamecube doesn't have any good games, but the Playstation 2 has the most so far like GTA 3, Gran Turismo 3, and FInal Fantasy X.