PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy PreOrder Info

maneatingcow
10-08-2001, 12:54 PM
I traveled to my local Best Buy today to find that they ARE preordering XBox games, not systems. They have little sheets that you take to the front desk to preorder the games. The only games they had for preorder (That I saw) were Oddworld, TOny Hawk 2x, DOA3, And Halo. I snatched the DOA3 and Halo ones and I will try to scan them and get them online soon.

Dan Livingston
10-08-2001, 07:44 PM
When you preorder, how many games do you have to choose from? do they give you a list and say pick three? (1 first party, 2 second/third party). Personally, I would have picked Halo/DOA3/Project Gotham

Dr_J
10-08-2001, 08:08 PM
It's not a bundle. Go to the game section and look for the XBox game pre-order stand. For now, all you get to chose from is Halo, Oddworld, Dead or Alive 3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X, and NFL Fever 2002. You can get just one or all 5. I asked if they will be getting more and they said they definately would. They aren't sure which ones they are going to get or when. But, they do know they are getting more preorders before launch.

Now, it seemed every time I went into Best Buy, I could never get a straight answer if they were going to preorder the actual XBox Console. Well, I just came from Best Buy and I finally got the manager.....he didn't know either. So, I had him call corporate and they most certainly will NOT be preordering the console. It's a first-come-first-serve basis. The Best Buy I was just at said they will be getting near 500 units on launch. Well, if I camp out there on launch day 2 to 3 hours before opening, it's a sure thing I'll get mine. They specifically said there will be no problem getting an XBox and that the PS2 was a nightmare. XBox will be nothing close to the PS2. Everything is going smoothly.

Hope this helps.