PDA

View Full Version : XBOX still priced at $299.99 ?!?!!

OEM Alien
05-20-2002, 02:11 AM
what's up with this? i looked in the sunday paper and all the ads said "XBOX - $299.99". but i was just at these same places and they all had them for $199.99 earlier this week. WTF? :eek:

RadRider
05-20-2002, 02:12 AM
just ran old ads again I guess. Every store around here has the new prices.

OEM Alien
05-20-2002, 02:18 AM
hmm.... maybe they (stores) didn't get the price cut info before they got the art work back on their weekend ads. i bet they lost out on alot of sales because of that. i hope ms goes into high gear in the weekend ads for xbox next week. it seems like everyone wants a xbox all a sudden. :)

Master Gracey
05-20-2002, 03:13 AM
As a graphic designer, I can assure you that things take a VERY long time to get approved and go to print. The Xbox price change happened so suddenly I think it didn't make it into this week's ads. :D

Let it also be said that just because I got a degree in something related to graphic design doesn't exactly mean I enjoy it. God only knows how I got this job... luckily my position is mandated by state law to only exist for six months. After August 4, I'll have made enough money to get back to film and acting, the true loves of my life. :D

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-20-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
As a graphic designer, I can assure you that things take a VERY long time to get approved and go to print. The Xbox price change happened so suddenly I think it didn't make it into this week's ads. :D

Let it also be said that just because I got a degree in something related to graphic design doesn't exactly mean I enjoy it. God only knows how I got this job... luckily my position is mandated by state law to only exist for six months. After August 4, I'll have made enough money to get back to film and acting, the true loves of my life. :D
can u design urself a good graphic called a "siggy".

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
just ran old ads again I guess. Every store around here has the new prices.

Yeah, that's what I say.

XboxGirl
05-20-2002, 02:03 PM
I already have my xbox but im going to buy a PS2 within the next week because they are $199 now! Xbox is also $199 and can be found at walmart.com, KBToys.com, Kmart.com, Gamestop.com. Just a few sites to help anyone.... find them for 100 less than the regular price. You cant beat this! :p

P-Rock
05-20-2002, 02:12 PM
I guess your town hasn't been updated on the price change.

Wait it out another couple days to a week, and I guarantee it'll change. Keep your cool, bro.

OppiumNitrates
05-20-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER

just cauz someone dont have a fancy sig dont mean they cant make one

Master Gracey
05-20-2002, 03:24 PM

Dude... what's wrong with you? I've never attacked you before... I didn't make any "Backstreet Boy" comments about you in the pic thread and I've never insulted your sig either!

For your information, I spend 8 hours a day doing graphic design so I don't put much effort into my sigs. However, I make various sigs based on what I'm doing at the moment. Lately, I've been listening heavily to The Kinks (the band in my pic, like you'd even know who they were.) Unlike you, I have more interests in life than Xbox... and just because this is an Xbox website, I don't feel the need to make my sig Xbox based. I do what I do because it's what I want to do, not what people would expect me to do.

And about your "good graphic" comment... I just finished a huge project at work that's the State Parks' main push of the year... a trails journal that is going to be distributed all summer. The first run? 150,000 copies. I'd like to see YOU design something that's going to get 150,000 made and distributed over a state the size of Colorado. I also designed the cover of this years' State Parks regulations book. I designed the State Parks ad that's currently running around on the side of 50 buses in the Denver area...

I don't see any of that on your resume. I'm a modest person who doesn't sit and brag about my accomplishments all day... I don't seek out praise from others all the time, and I try to be nice to everyone no matter what. So just lay off...

EDIT: The only reason you made me upset is because this graphic design job is the only reason I feel like killing myself for 8 hours of every day. I sit in an office with two people who hate me because they're both girls and won't let me talk to them because "they're taken". I never even tried to hit on them, but they still give me serious attitude. I got the job because I can do good work, and it's only made me miserable. To quote The Smiths (another band I'm sure you don't know) "I was looking for a job and then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now"

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

Dude... what's wrong with you? I've never attacked you before... I didn't make any "Backstreet Boy" comments about you in the pic thread and I've never insulted your sig either!

For your information, I spend 8 hours a day doing graphic design so I don't put much effort into my sigs. However, I make various sigs based on what I'm doing at the moment. Lately, I've been listening heavily to The Kinks (the band in my pic, like you'd even know who they were.) Unlike you, I have more interests in life than Xbox... and just because this is an Xbox website, I don't feel the need to make my sig Xbox based. I do what I do because it's what I want to do, not what people would expect me to do.

And about your "good graphic" comment... I just finished a huge project at work that's the State Parks' main push of the year... a trails journal that is going to be distributed all summer. The first run? 150,000 copies. I'd like to see YOU design something that's going to get 150,000 made and distributed over a state the size of Colorado. I also designed the cover of this years' State Parks regulations book. I designed the State Parks ad that's currently running around on the side of 50 buses in the Denver area...

I don't see any of that on your resume. I'm a modest person who doesn't sit and brag about my accomplishments all day... I don't seek out praise from others all the time, and I try to be nice to everyone no matter what. So just lay off...

EDIT: The only reason you made me upset is because this graphic design job is the only reason I feel like killing myself for 8 hours of every day. I sit in an office with two people who hate me because they're both girls and won't let me talk to them because "they're taken". I never even tried to hit on them, but they still give me serious attitude. I got the job because I can do good work, and it's only made me miserable. To quote The Smiths (another band I'm sure you don't know) "I was looking for a job and then I found a job, and heaven knows I'm miserable now"
*cough*i am 16 *cough*.
sorry boss i really apologize from the depth of my heart.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-20-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

just cauz someone dont have a fancy sig dont mean they cant make one
oh yeah u r right!can u?

Master Gracey
05-20-2002, 07:37 PM
*cough*i am 16 *cough*.
sorry boss i really apologize from the depth of my heart.

Consider it water under the bridge... :D I wrote that earlier post from work, and it was shaping up to be a really bad day, like almost every day there is.