PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies

Hermes
05-20-2002, 09:49 AM
I just read on another board that Starwars Galaxies is confirmed for Xbox! Too sweet.

JJaX
05-20-2002, 09:51 AM
LiNK

sys_ref
05-20-2002, 09:54 AM
That'd be amazing if it was, this is going to be the biggest MMORPG ever created. EverQuest + Nerd's Fantasy = tons of sales.

JJaX
05-20-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by sys_ref
That'd be amazing if it was, this is going to be the biggest MMORPG ever created. EverQuest + Nerd's Fantasy = tons of sales.

So Every Starwars fan = nerd??

I think not :mad:

sys_ref
05-20-2002, 09:57 AM
I'd say a higher majority than any other fan out there.

Oh, this is the link he is talking about I think:

http://www.activewin.com/gaming/pressreleases/pressrelease_200502b5.shtml

Duke
05-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Not really sure where they got it, but it's on TXB (http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3119)

JJaX
05-20-2002, 09:59 AM
Cool, Im pumped about this! I wonder if you have to pay a fee ontop of Xboxlive.....Hmmmm

sys_ref
05-20-2002, 10:07 AM
Ya, if they add a monthly fee on top of the Xbox Live service I'd most likely get SW:G for the computer. Without a keyboard it'd be really hard to communicate with 40 other people at the same time to take out a really tough monster. Communication was key in EQ when dealing with dragon raids or whatever, I don't see how 40 voice comms all actively talking at the same time would work out. Sure they'll come up with something though.

Kraft
05-20-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

So Every Starwars fan = nerd??

I think not :mad:

Yeah, JJaX is a huge nerd but is by no means a star wars fan!!! j/k :) Wow, with KOTOR and galaxies.. more starwars rpg than I can shake a light saber at...

JJaX
05-20-2002, 10:29 AM
Yuk YuK YuK *snort* YuK YuK *SNoRT

Im not a Nerd Kraft!

*snort* Yu YuK YuK

Shorezy
05-20-2002, 10:36 AM
Any star wars game on the box is bound to be a 'blast'

JJaX
05-20-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by halo_11
Any star wars game on the box is bound to be a 'blast'

*cough* Obi-won *cough*

Kraft
05-20-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

*cough* Obi-won *cough*

actually, the last star wars game I ever played that I said "wow, this is a great game" was tie fighter on my computer... like 7 years ago. There have been quite a few crap-tacular SW games actually... which is bound to happen when there are at least 100 of them.

JJaX
05-20-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

actually, the last star wars game I ever played that I said "wow, this is a great game" was tie fighter on my computer... like 7 years ago. There have been quite a few crap-tacular SW games actually... which is bound to happen when there are at least 100 of them.

Tie fighter was probaly my favorite Star Wars game too. The enhanced version was even better! (duH.)

But F yeah, Nothing like flying around in a tie advanced or a Tie defender (i think it was called the Defender, the one with the 3 wings)

And the replays kicked ass too.

dave_m123
05-20-2002, 11:46 AM
I rekcon xwing alliance was the last best star wars game

OppiumNitrates
05-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Obi Wan wasnt that bad . . . i mean the voice acting was horrable but other then that the game play was cool . . . . i loved controling the light saber with the right thumb stick very ingenious. . . . . and Jedi duels were sweet too . . . . now when r they gunna make a hockey game whene u can control the stick like that??

Kraft
05-20-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
Obi Wan wasnt that bad . . . i mean the voice acting was horrable but other then that the game play was cool . . . . i loved controling the light saber with the right thumb stick very ingenious. . . . . and Jedi duels were sweet too . . . . now when r they gunna make a hockey game whene u can control the stick like that??

They already have a hockey game like that... its called real life, though you don't have the thumbstick :D Actually NHL2002 has manual aim where you bump the stick to place a shot in the goal, really helps when you know the goalies weak points too...

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by sys_ref

I surmise that a MMORPG is an RPG that is multiplayer compatible and/or on-line compatible. But what is it exactly?

How would an online RPG work?

And, just out of curiousity, what do the first three letters of the acronym MMORPG stand for?

Duke
05-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Massively Multiplayer Online MMO

JJaX
05-20-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray

How would an online RPG work?

Everyone that plays is on one server. Walk around and do what you gotta do......