PDA

View Full Version : GameCube $150 on May 21

CyberBOMB
05-20-2002, 12:13 PM
yep heard it here first folks. www.ebworld.com says May 21 gamecube will be priced at $150. Let the war begin!

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 12:16 PM
Um,...yeah, so why is it in da Xbox discussion boards and not im da GC debate joint?

btw, im getting my KiddyCube once Wrestlemania X8 ships!:D

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 12:18 PM
looks like i'm getting a kiddycube tommorow then!

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
looks like i'm getting a kiddycube tommorow then!

Tomorrow? with what games? Pikmin? LOL!:D

Im just getting it foe Wrestlemania X8 & Resident Evil (exclusive 4-Life to GC)!;)

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 12:25 PM
exactly....for RE...i might even get SSB's if i can find it used...and i'm sho my girl wants to get super monkey ball. and yes...i'm gettingit for wrestlemania as well...

Icey_Princess
05-20-2002, 12:27 PM
I already have a kiddycube a kiddybox and a kiddystation 2

CyberBOMB
05-20-2002, 12:27 PM
im not a cube fan. im xbox all the way, but, damn i gotta get RE, Mario and WWF. Other than that i probably wont buy anything else.

Duke
05-20-2002, 12:29 PM
I might get one. Probably look for one used first though.

I really hate the controller, but I'm sure I could get used to it. I think that there will be a bunch of titles worth playing besides RE.

Personally I don't think the $49 price cut will really boost sales too much, but obviously they had to do it at least to seem reasonable vs. systems that play DVDs.

Plewis
05-20-2002, 12:29 PM
im getting it this summer. Im gettin it for ssbm, RE, Metroid Prime, Starfox, Zelda (even if he does look ***).... and Im sure Ill find a few more good exclusives

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
im getting it this summer. Im gettin it for ssbm, RE, Metroid Prime, Starfox, Zelda (even if he does look ***).... and Im sure Ill find a few more good exclusives

Same here...I would have a GC right now...but my XBox broke, and my money went to get a new one!:(

Icey_Princess
05-20-2002, 12:33 PM
We mite as well call all the systems kiddy since the average user age for all 3 consoles is 14-16.

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB
yep heard it here first folks. www.ebworld.com says May 21 gamecube will be priced at $150. Let the war begin!

That's pretty low for a "debut" system. I don't know though, they might have to do better than that to compete with the X-Box and PS2 selling for 200 a pop!

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

Personally I don't think the $49 price cut will really boost sales too much, but obviously they had to do it at least to seem reasonable vs. systems that play DVDs.

Well myself and dznutz are getting it so dat 2 Cubes off da meat racks kid!:D

Duke
05-20-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Well myself and dznutz are getting it so dat 2 Cubes off da meat racks kid!:D

Thanks sport!!

Like I said I was going to get one anyway. Just deciding between new and used.

The main point was that I think that with basically a $49.99 price difference (I think), I would imagine that most people who were not already predisposed to get a GC, will now lean more towards the PS2 or Xbox.

Some how $50 dollars savings just doesn't sound the same as $100.

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 01:01 PM

Some how $50 dollars savings just doesn't sound the same as $100.

Exactly, a system that is limited in it's functionality (ie no DVD's or CD's) seems a little overpriced compared to X-Box and PS2. However, one could argue that both the PS2 and gamecube are limited in their functionality compared to X-Box:

X-Box and gamecube have vastly superior graphics compared to the PS2

Neither the PS2 nor the gamecube is configured for online or sysem link play.

The PS2 has only 2 conroller ports as opposed to the X-Box's four.

The X-Box has a hard-drive.

The x-box controller has two expansion slots (not sure about PS2 or gamecubes)

And I'm not sure at all about this one but I don't think that the gamecubes controllers have built in rumble.

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 01:04 PM
And I'm not sure at all about this one but I don't think that the gamecubes controllers have built in rumble

GC controllers have built in rumble.;)

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Icey_Princess
We mite as well call all the systems kiddy since the average user age for all 3 consoles is 14-16.

I beg to differ dat statement junior!
nintendo, yes. But Xbox? I want a link sunshine! I want to know your source little trooper! Cough up a name jerky! I want you to back dis one up playa!:cool:

Duke
05-20-2002, 01:14 PM
From what I've seen average Xbox range is higher. Don't have a link, and not about to look for one.

And apparently Ninja just likes to call people "junior" or "kid" way to be offensive!! but whatever.

From what I've read, the main audience for platforms if 16-24. No link, but I'm sure if you look around you'll find both statistics. Personally, I'm 24 and I am definitely on the high-end age-wise of people I know who buy consoles.

But I know there are definitely those around who are older. One of the original goals of Xbox was to expand the core audience for platforms.

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 01:22 PM
From what I've seen average Xbox range is higher. Don't have a link, and not about to look for one.

And apparently Ninja just likes to call people "junior" or "kid" way to be offensive!! but whatever.

Apparently Buckhorn is not familiar wit da Ninja whome made XBA famous!
That is just my language bro, I aint dissin nobody nephew.
So chill out homie and smoke somethin. Naw mean yo!:cool:

Knight
05-20-2002, 01:29 PM
I hate the gc controller and will not get a console with a crapy controller like the gc's!!

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Knight
I hate the gc controller and will not get a console with a crapy controller like the gc's!!

I like the triggers but can't stant the button layout or the thumbsticks.

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Knight

You seems to have a fetish for crap,.. do you want some of mine!?

:D

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 01:49 PM
actually icey..i heard the average xbox plaer was 17-26

also fellas ( and ladies;) ) ebworld.com has a deal for 174.95 ..a game cube, a memorey card , 2 controllers plus free 2 day overnight air!! i'm ordering now!!!

Knight
05-20-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by X-Ray

The button layout & small size is what sucks about it!!

Knight
05-20-2002, 01:53 PM

The controllers with the best triggers are the XBox & Dreamcast I never liked the way the ps1/ps2 triggers are!!

Knight
05-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Ever if I whated a gc I wouldn't buy it, I need all the money I can save for XBox/PC games!! With all the XBox/PC I don't have money for all the games I like!!

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 02:09 PM
50 dollors isnt that much... well maybe it is but not that much! They should have made it a hundred dollors. Either way I am not getting it!

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 02:15 PM
I might consider getting one. But our X-Box's network card is broken so I'll be buying a new one those because I love on-line play so much.

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 02:15 PM
actually icey..i heard the average xbox plaer was 17-26

also fellas ( and ladies;) ) ebworld.com has a deal for 174.95 ..a game cube, a memorey card , 2 controllers plus free 2 day overnight air!! i'm ordering now!!!

B.S.!!!!!!!!! Im going now to g opeep dis out kid!

**eeeeeeeeeeeooowwww and away Ninja goes!! :cool:

:D

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 02:20 PM
I just came from ebgames/ebworld.com (same thing) and this deal dznutz speaks of is b.s.!
They only have a deal for a mear free memory card dat would cost no one more than $15.00 smackers. WOW!:rolleyes:

Thanks for waisting my time dzbutz.

sinizuh
05-20-2002, 02:21 PM
I guess i'll pick one up this summer... with Animal Forest+ (what is it called now? Animal Crossing? D: ) and a new controller... original GC controller is bad for me D:

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 02:25 PM
hey ninja..i'd suggest (like i would also regarding these threads and posts) read more carefully.

i already ordered mine, GC, 2controllers, (all jet blk, to match my xbox and ps2), and a 16x memorey card...plus free shipping =174.98!!! DUDE its right under the deal u were looking at ..follow the link at the beginning of this thread...i personally always like to also call the 800 # and place and verify all my orders!!

so pu that in your pipe and smoke JR.!!!

Brevity
05-20-2002, 02:36 PM
I am getting one to. Now can I get HD tv inputs for it?

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 02:43 PM
hey ninja..i'd suggest (like i would also regarding these threads and posts) read more carefully.

i already ordered mine, GC, 2controllers, (all jet blk, to match my xbox and ps2), and a 16x memorey card...plus free shipping =174.98!!! DUDE its right under the deal u were looking at ..follow the link at the beginning of this thread...i personally always like to also call the 800 # and place and verify all my orders!!

so pu that in your pipe and smoke JR.!!!

LOL, by bad sunshine :o

Here's da like kids! http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/create-a-bundle/gamecube/default.asp

Thanks for da heads up dz!:)

But let me get dis doe, you own a PoS2? Come on dawg, dat like selling your soul to da devil:(

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 02:46 PM
what else was gonna tide me over till the launch of my wonderful, glorious, all powerful XBOX?!?

Duke
05-20-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Apparently Buckhorn is not familiar wit da Ninja whome made XBA famous!
That is just my language bro, I aint dissin nobody nephew.
So chill out homie and smoke somethin. Naw mean yo!:cool:

That's what I figured. Would be smoking something, but the piece of sh*t I just rolled is too tight. Oh well time to pull out the binger.

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 02:56 PM
what else was gonna tide me over till the launch of my wonderful, glorious, all powerful XBOX?!?

Yo DZ, you know those free memory cards with da purchase of a KiddyCube on eb are 3rd party right?
I think i'll reconsider ordering online and just get mine out da store and pay for a offical card.
I just dont trust 3rd party accessories.
:)

CyberBOMB
05-20-2002, 03:57 PM
i hope sams club does a pimped up deal on the cube with a price difference on it. They always got good deals on the bundles.

This will tide me over till my xbox favorites get shipped.

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 04:02 PM
yeah ninja..i feel ya..i HATE 3rd parties...i called and confirmed...u were correct...but i kept my order...i figure it this way....at a store a GC plus and extra controller would run me 175.00 not including tax....by taking advantage of this deal..i get the above mentioned and a 8mb (not a reg 4 from big N) for 174.98.. (i've also checked around a lil and heard of no probs from this niko card) so basically get a free 8mb 3rd party card:( , pay no tax, and save myself a trip to the store.

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 10:11 PM
So whats the consensus: is $150 low enough to compete with the X-Box and PS-2 selling at $200?

DOOM
05-20-2002, 10:14 PM
I Have Been Selling GameCube For 150 All Week Allready...
Hasnt Helped GC Sales Much Though...
XBOX Is Just Flying Outa The Store...

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
I Have Been Selling GameCube For 150 All Week Allready...
Hasnt Helped GC Sales Much Though...
XBOX Is Just Flying Outa The Store...

Good to hear! So do work at a video game store? And are those your skies? Both of 'em?

Marc
05-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Instead of paying 199 for a pile of ***** I'm supposed to be happy about paying 149? I don't think so...

DOOM
05-20-2002, 11:15 PM

Good to hear! So do work at a video game store?
I Own A Game Shop Called GAME PLANET!!!
http://members.aol.com/xbox2407/myhomepage/gp.jpg

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 11:27 PM

I Own A Game Shop Called GAME PLANET!!!
http://members.aol.com/xbox2407/myhomepage/gp.jpg

Very cool!!

So you probably have almost every single game or have atleast played them. That's awesome.

DOOM
05-20-2002, 11:31 PM
I Support XBOX To The Fullest At My Shop!:)

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 11:43 PM
I Support XBOX To The Fullest At My Shop!:)

That is good! Do you get to convince a lot of people to buy XBox instead of PoS2's or GC's?

WynnFire
05-21-2002, 01:22 AM
I'm going to get a GameCube just for the Star Wars game, Resident Evil, and maybe Super Smash Brothers. Right now my Xbox is my most cherised console.

Well it and my Dreamcast.

Nerrad529
05-21-2002, 01:31 AM
I don't like gamecube controllers at all. I had a 64 before i got my xbox. They went sour on the controllers or maybe I would invest.

DOOM
05-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Xtopia

That is good! Do you get to convince a lot of people to buy XBox instead of PoS2's or GC's?
I Ushually Dont Even Have to...
The XBOX Sells Its Self!!!

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 08:40 AM
yeah ninja..i feel ya..i HATE 3rd parties...i called and confirmed...u were correct...but i kept my order...i figure it this way....at a store a GC plus and extra controller would run me 175.00 not including tax....by taking advantage of this deal..i get the above mentioned and a 8mb (not a reg 4 from big N) for 174.98.. (i've also checked around a lil and heard of no probs from this niko card) so basically get a free 8mb 3rd party card:( , pay no tax, and save myself a trip to the store.

Yeah, that is a sweet deal nontheless dz, yo kid, let me know how those 3rd party cards work out for you when you test them joints out, aight!:)

DZNUTZ
05-21-2002, 11:32 AM
np ninja...i'm expecting delivery 2morrow (23rd) but i might not be able to give ya the scoop for a couple weeks , i'm going on vactation for about 10 days....

btw...i already have RE waiting at home, and my girl called and told me she picked up Super Monkey ball and SSB for only 24 bucks!

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 02:22 PM
np ninja...i'm expecting delivery 2morrow (23rd) but i might not be able to give ya the scoop for a couple weeks , i'm going on vactation for about 10 days....

btw...i already have RE waiting at home, and my girl called and told me she picked up Super Monkey ball and SSB for only 24 bucks!

Yeah, when you going on vacation dznutz? Also I already knew your chick got you Super Moneky Balls cause I gave her mine!:D LMAO!!

Ah, im gonna get Wrestlemania X8 & RE at da same time I scoop up my KiddyCube, ya feel me yo!:cool:

DZNUTZ
05-21-2002, 02:27 PM
BWAAAHAHAHAHAA..u funny funny man ninja jubei...

lol ...my girl would teach ya couple of things about being a ninja!

anyways we're going on a 7 day cruise to cabo san lucas, puerta veiarta (sp), and matalzaan....

yea i'm picking up WMX8 as well..when is it due? still next month?

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 02:46 PM
BWAAAHAHAHAHAA..u funny funny man ninja jubei...

lol ...my girl would teach ya couple of things about being a ninja!

anyways we're going on a 7 day cruise to cabo san lucas, puerta veiarta (sp), and matalzaan....

yea i'm picking up WMX8 as well..when is it due? still next month?

Hehehehehe, Ninja knows Laughs!:D

YO, lucky b@stard, going on a cruise and all. Hope you and shorty have fun making DZnutz Jr's and all!:p

Yeah, WMX8 is due the second week of June,... I say give a day or two. Ya know.

Ya dz, how much longer you think this thread will ride on da Xbox Discussion boards?
LOL, mods must be in some eternal naps or something?:D