PDA

View Full Version : THQ'S updated lineup includes wwe raw2

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-20-2002, 12:34 PM
THQ updated E3 Lineup

More games means more fun for everyone!

THQ is set to debut its 2002 product line up, its strongest and most diverse to date, at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles May 22-24, 2002. The company will unveil games in all genres across multiple platforms for every type of video game fan. From original content like "Red Faction II," "Alter Echo" and "Tak and The Power of JuJu," to the most expansive mass-market kids product portfolio in the industry, featuring favorite television, music and motion picture characters like "SpongeBob SquarePants," "Scooby-Doo!," "World Wrestling Entertainment" and "Britney Spears," THQ has something for everyone.

"This year marks the beginning of the broad, mass-market adoption of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Nintendo's GameCube and Game Boy Advance, with more than 35 million of these systems projected to be in U.S. households by holiday," said Brian Farrell, president and CEO of THQ. "THQ has been building its portfolio of brands with broad consumer appeal for the past five years in order to take best advantage of the explosive growth of these hardware systems in the marketplace. Our games target every segment of the market with original titles like `Red Faction II,' `Alter Echo' and `Summoner(R) 2,' as well as compelling licensed products such as `Britney's Dance Beat,' `Tetris' and games based on popular Nickelodeon, Mattel and Disney properties."

THQ's Xbox E3 2002 Line Up

"Alter Echo" -- "Alter Echo" features innovative action gameplay and a groundbreaking visual style based on pioneering technology. In "Alter Echo," players assume the role of Nevin, a reluctant hero with the ability to alter time and morph his PolySuit between three unique combat forms. TimeDilation(TM) technology allows players to manipulate time, freezing the action in order to cue up a series of moves and attacks to unleash with an unstoppable flurry. Developed by THQ's Outrage(R) Games, "Alter Echo" will be available for PlayStation 2 and Xbox early in 2003.

"Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick" -- Developed with the full support of creators Sam Raimi, Robert Tapert and Bruce Campbell, "Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick" allows players to assume the role of Ash, the chainsaw-armed hero from the "Evil Dead" movie trilogy. Players will fend off hordes of Deadites with several weapons including the shovel, gatling gun, shotgun and chainsaw. "Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick" mixes the comedy and fun of a campy horror movie with intense combat missions on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox early next year.

"MotoGP" -- "MotoGP" is the world's fastest, most advanced form of motorcycle racing. With races taking place on all five continents and an average of 329 million television viewers per event, "MotoGP" features all of the world's leading motorcycle manufacturers including Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha. "MotoGP" is available now on the Xbox and Game Boy Advance.

"MX Superfly featuring Ricky Carmichael" -- The next installment of THQ's MX series is the most complete motocross game to date. Along with the return of eight-time National Champion Ricky Carmichael and other pro riders, this year's edition boasts an enhanced freestyle mode, a robust racing mode and wide-open worlds for gamers to explore. Developed by THQ's Pacific Coast Power & Light Co. studio, "MX Superfly featuring Ricky Carmichael" will be available for GameCube and PlayStation 2 this summer followed by an Xbox release in winter.

"Tetris Worlds" -- The latest rendition of one of the most popular video game franchises ever created, "Tetris Worlds" places the player in a universe where "Tetris" is played in different ways on seven different planets. Players can test their skills in classic versions of "Tetris," or the latest cutting-edge variations, such as "Hot-Line Tetris," "Cascade Tetris" and "Fusion Tetris." The multi-player game lets up to four players see who can clear levels the fastest. The franchise continues on the GameCube and Xbox this fall.

"Toxic Grind" -- This first mission-based BMX game with a storyline will enthrall gamers as they attempt to ride for their lives in a game show of death. Traverse through dynamic, hazard-filled environments while completing objectives such as saving prisoners and destroying helicopters. "Toxic Grind" will be available for Xbox in the second half of 2002, and the GameCube version will be released in early 2003.

"WWE Raw 2" -- Prepare for stunning graphics and insane action as "WWE Raw" returns to Xbox in the first half of 2003 with an all-new season mode, more Superstars, improved gameplay and more matches that make "WWE Raw 2" the definitive video gaming experience for Xbox.

"WWE Crush Hour" -- The spectacle of World Wrestling Entertainment meets the white-knuckle action of car combat! That's what "WWE Crush Hour" is all about. Choose from more than 20 personalized Superstar vehicles and compete in multiple match types as players annihilate opponents with various weapons customized for each vehicle. "WWE Crush Hour" will be available the first half of 2003 for PlayStation 2 GameCube and Xbox.

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Cool. We heard about the WWE RAW 2 news, though, but still good find.:)

dave_m123
05-20-2002, 01:01 PM
LOL Evil dead : A Fistfull of Boomstick is a pretty funny title :D.

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 01:31 PM
Um,... being one of many who got burned by the first RAW on Xbox I could care less about RAW 2's apperience at E3.

If anything im looking forward to Wrestlemania X8!:cool:

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Um,... being one of many who got burned by the first RAW on Xbox I could care less about RAW 2's apperience at E3.

If anything im looking forward to Wrestlemania X8!:cool:

Yeah, it looks like a good game(I don't have gamecube). But, lets pray its not a raw like game.:eek:

wweomaniac
05-20-2002, 01:44 PM
nice!!
I hope I get to see more of these screenshots at E3.
The game will obivously be better than its predecessor.

Ninja Scroll
05-20-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

Yeah, it looks like a good game(I don't have gamecube). But, lets pray its not a raw like game.:eek:

Well i dont either Xboxowner, but this game alone (and ..er.. Resident Evil) sold me!
Plus it's only $149.99 now!!!

dude, it's not like your selling out, I could see if you were getting a PoS2, then I would have to kill you!:D
but getting a KiddyCube is no harm.:) .....unless you were going to buy Pikmin for it or something!:confused:

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 02:11 PM
I have a question to ask you.. Why is RAW so bad? or should I say what makes it bad?

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 02:21 PM
raw 2 isn't that bad...people are just to hard on it.

DZNUTZ- xba's official wwf raw defender!!!:eek:

playmoresoccer
05-20-2002, 03:36 PM
This better be better than the first one because they made what was wrong in the first one right in the second one. One example is that there was no career mode and there is going to be one in the next one.