PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Gets Star Wars Galaxies

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-20-2002, 12:41 PM
LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC today ( Galaxies( online series for Xbox Live and PlayStation 2. Specific release dates for the Star Wars Galaxies-branded massively multiplayer games for the two next generation console platforms will be announced at a later time. This December LucasArts will release a Windows PC version of the game, developed by Sony Online Entertainment, titled Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided(. The Star Wars Galaxies online game series is designed to immerse literally thousands of players into the rich Star Wars universe. The series will feature dynamic role-playing adventures across multiple planets during the classic Star Wars timeframe. Game play will offer a unique combination of combat, exploration, social interaction, specialized missions, and daring quests.

"The ultimate goal with these versions of Star Wars Galaxies is to solidify LucasArts' position at the forefront of the emerging online console game genre, and we're confident this strategy will do just that," says Randy Breen, vice president of development for LucasArts. "By offering the Star Wars Galaxies series on video game consoles such as Xbox and PlayStation 2, LucasArts will be able to bring this eagerly awaited game to an entirely new audience of players who previously may not have had an opportunity to experience it."

"We're thrilled that Star Wars Galaxies -- the most anticipated massively multiplayer game ever -- is coming to Xbox Live," says J Allard, general manager of the Xbox platform. "We designed Xbox from day one to support great online games like Star Wars Galaxies. This announcement validates our vision that the best games of the future will take advantage of the Xbox system's built-in broadband support."

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 12:42 PM
Sweet! Bring on the on-line games! :D

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 12:50 PM
there is already a thread about this...No offense, PROUDXBOXOWNER, but all you do is "duplicate" somebody else's threads...

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
there is already a thread about this...No offense, PROUDXBOXOWNER, but all you do is "duplicate" somebody else's threads...
no there is'nt.it just sayd i heard someone in another forum that star wars is confirmed.

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER

no there is'nt.it just sayd i heard someone in another forum that star wars is confirmed.

Check the GD again, chucko...

P.S. I don't know what this means, "it just sayd i heard someone" means...

Duke
05-20-2002, 01:02 PM
Yes there is a thread about it, obviously PXO didn't see it.

Personally, I don't start getting annoyed till at least the 4th or 5th thread. Some people just refresh at different times.

Anyway, heard a lot of good things about PC version.

PROUDXBOXOWNER
05-20-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Yes there is a thread about it, obviously PXO didn't see it.

Personally, I don't start getting annoyed till at least the 4th or 5th thread. Some people just refresh at different times.

Anyway, heard a lot of good things about PC version.
can someone send me a link for the thread?

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 01:05 PM

I agree...Its just that PXO alwasy does this...BTW--I am not flaiming you, PXO. Just telling you to stop;)

Duke
05-20-2002, 01:06 PM
Just scroll down man. Thread is "Star Wars Galaxies" doesn't really matter, pretty similar to this one.