PDA

View Full Version : Crash Bandicoot

John002
05-20-2002, 02:01 PM
Is Crash Bandicoot as bad as they say?
Anyone know firsthand?

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 02:03 PM
I have never played it.. but you can go and check the XBA homepage, and click on reviews.. there are like 12 people who have written reviews for it! So check it out.

DBXNY
05-20-2002, 07:35 PM
I actually just got it recently (guilty pleasure cateogory).

I'd say it's not any "worse" than any other similar platforming game. I was shocked to see that the graphics are very nice and the game can be addicting. It's pretty diverse too as you're not just always jumping around like on a typical platform game - some levels have you driving jeeps, flying and shooting planes, dropping bombs on ships, rolling in balls, etc.

It's definitely a game made for kids - and I think kids would probably go crazy over it. I got it mostly because I wanted something that isn't as strategically involved like Halo, Superman, and the likes. I just wanted something that was light playing and fun. Crash definitely fits the bill.

The only issue I have with it is that there isn't any control over the camera, which can be frustrating when acurate jumping or ducking is key. Fortunately, the issue has only come up a couple times within the 10 levels I've gotten through so far.

Some reviews also claim the game is too short, which it may be for some. That doesn't bother me though as I'm not the type that sits for hours playing these games everyday - I mean, I've had Max Payne for a couple months now and haven't even finished that one yet. It took me several months to finish the normal level on Halo as well.

Overall, I'd say if you're looking for something that has nice graphics and is light-play then it's a great addition. However, if you're looking to get close to another "Halo" experience, then it isn't it.

DB:)

VAN
05-21-2002, 01:54 AM
Check out my review on this site. I loved the CB series, and I loved this latest offering. Great game all around.