PDA

View Full Version : I just got Project Gotham Racing

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 03:28 PM
I just got Project Gotham Racing, and it si pretty cool! I just have one question.. is unlocking the cars hard? Or will it be very hard? I was just wondering!

wweomaniac
05-20-2002, 03:30 PM
I got Rallisport on Friday... So far.. I've unlocked half the cars. The game is wicked fun!! Y didn't you get that instead? Its way better.

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 03:33 PM
It was a tough choice but Gotham had brand name cars so I bought it!

DrUnKtAnK
05-20-2002, 03:34 PM
Both are killer. PGR is a little frustrating at times, but stick with it. Actually, the more you race the larger the game gets, more tracks, cars, etc.

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 03:36 PM
Both PGR and Rallisport are great games. Personally, I think Rallisport is a better game, but, that's just me. I prefer having the ability to get out of the city.

But, PGR is a killer game, too...and, yes, it's extremely hard. It starts becoming very challenging once you get the Skyline...it's pretty much an uphill battle from there on :D

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Both PGR and Rallisport are great games. Personally, I think Rallisport is a better game, but, that's just me. I prefer having the ability to get out of the city.

But, PGR is a killer game, too...and, yes, it's extremely hard. It starts becoming very challenging once you get the Skyline...it's pretty much an uphill battle from there on :D

But is it frustrating?

Spaztic
05-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by faceoff508

But is it frustrating?

faceoff I am going to be honest with you....I have played many racing games in my console life. None have ever ****ed me off more then PGR, this game has a great look and feel to it, but the difficulty is so annoying, that I returned the game and got rallisport! This games will make you break stuff! The best hint I can give you is get the car with the best handling because speed dosn't matter in this game you can beat the entire game with the first car you start with. This game is really weak and lacks balance, my suggestion is to give it up before it is to late!

Dre
05-20-2002, 04:06 PM
Nah, don't worry Faceoff. I bought PGR at launch and it definitely got its money's worth. Yes, its hard and challenging, but once you've given it time, you get pretty good at it. I personally don't like RC that much, but PGR is the schiz. Only beef I have with PGR is that replays are kinda lame.. its always the same camera shots it seems...

Anyhoo, there are 2 cars I've been unable to unlock (the 2 from the last 2 arcade races), the rest were pretty straightforward. Yes it can be frustrating.. the AI plays like a friend would play.. as in they knock you and try to spin you out, etc. You just have to make sure you look at your rear-view before turns to make sure you ain't gonna get nailed :D

Plewis
05-20-2002, 04:12 PM
i traded bloodwake for it (definitely good trade):D but I havent gotten it yet... I hope it's not too frustrating... when I rented it it seemed pretty hard at first... do i just suck at it or is it hard at the beginning?:confused:

Dre
05-20-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
i traded bloodwake for it (definitely good trade):D but I havent gotten it yet... I hope it's not too frustrating... when I rented it it seemed pretty hard at first... do i just suck at it or is it hard at the beginning?:confused:

Its pretty hard at the beginning. Once you start unlocking some faster cars things start rolling. After playing for a while, you kinda get this 6th sense for when to brake, glide, power-slide, etc...

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Its pretty hard at the beginning. Once you start unlocking some faster cars things start rolling. After playing for a while, you kinda get this 6th sense for when to brake, glide, power-slide, etc...

Oh, cause in the beggining it took me a long time to finiish a race! And one more question: How do you get Kudos?

Dre
05-20-2002, 04:18 PM

Oh, cause in the beggining it took me a long time to finiish a race! And one more question: How do you get Kudos?

Skidding, passing cars, going through zones without touching the walls, etc...

If you subscribe to OXM, theres a vid of a "perfect run" on the may demo disc.

Liquid Gears
05-20-2002, 04:38 PM
Project Gotham Racing SUCKS Compared to Rallisport Challenge!!!!

Dre
05-20-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Project Gotham Racing SUCKS Compared to Rallisport Challenge!!!!

Thanks for the intelligent commentary...

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 04:42 PM
So Dre... i Shouldn't return it for RC?

If anyone has a comment about this please post, I really need to know if I should return it or not!

Dre
05-20-2002, 04:48 PM
So Dre... i Shouldn't return it for RC?

If anyone has a comment about this please post, I really need to know if I should return it or not!

Its up to you in the end.. I enjoyed PGR quite a bit and it gave me a good 30 hours or so of gameplay just to unlock all the stuff. And all in all, it was great fun! Sure it did get frustrating at times, but not more than every other game out there. Thats my opinion.

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 04:52 PM
Thanks, I think I will stick with this game!

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 05:07 PM

But is it frustrating?

It frustrated the heck out of me! I like RSC alot more...

CALzinger
05-20-2002, 05:20 PM
I just got Project Gotham Racing, and it si pretty cool! I just have one question.. is unlocking the cars hard? Or will it be very hard? I was just wondering!

its hard, well sort of

the F50 ferrari (best car, last car) is by far the best car. and ill tell ya:

DONT USE THE CODES!!!!!

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by CALzinger

its hard, well sort of

the F50 ferrari (best car, last car) is by far the best car. and ill tell ya:

DONT USE THE CODES!!!!!

Whats wrong with codes, I dont even use them but whats wrong wit them?

borka105
05-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Keep the game pgr is on my top 3 list of best games...... Geuss what 1 and 2 are HALO, and RSC :D . The game is awesome.......and in my mind is a must buy, One suggesstion...kb right now is having a 50% off accessory sale. head down their and purchase yourself a madcatz racing wheel for $30 insterad of $60 and experience what the xbox can do.

-Borka105

Cannibal Corpse
05-20-2002, 05:55 PM
Just type Nosliw (Capital N, lower case rest) for Driver Name, and ALL TRACKS, CARS, EVERYTHING will be unlocked. That's one heck of code for ya!

CALzinger
05-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
Just type Nosliw (Capital N, lower case rest) for Driver Name, and ALL TRACKS, CARS, EVERYTHING will be unlocked. That's one heck of code for ya!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

oh well, thats over, its too late. but i still got an idea

keep one file with the codes in case u get bored of driving and working

keep another file with your progress so that you can work for the cars incase u get bored of the codes

a few times, i actually deleted my nosliw profile because it kind of ruined MY fun. believe me, u will get sick of the codes once u know how to do a powerslide without getting into a tailspin and pull of 70 kudos on one turn, then thats all the fun.

Try this challenge: Arcade, Very Easy, San Fransisco
Score higher than 2903 kudos (thats what i did)
That Mike Salmon dude did better, but im still proud.
PGR is very fun once u know how to play the game correctly, believe me

CALzinger
05-20-2002, 06:58 PM
just another side note:

the codes dont really physically destroy the game or make a virus in the hardrive, they just "ruin" the gameplay to a certain extent. ill be honest, i used the codes at one point, then made a new file for progress

Kortiz
05-20-2002, 08:17 PM
try it out for urself man, that is the best way to see if you like a game, make your own decision bro, MSR was fun to me, and RSC is fun to me now, if i had the money now i prob would buy PGR

RSC and PGR are very different games besides the fact that is a racing game.

why not buy them botha nd enjoy the 2 best racing games in the console market!!!

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

'bout as hard as they come! I enjoy challenge but those style challenges (or whatever they're called its been too long since I've tried one) are as hard as cold steel! In one of the more recent OXM's I saw the "perfect run" and it was incredible; I don't know how he did it!

The game is a ton of fun though.

JJaX
05-21-2002, 10:24 AM
Rali sport gives you a better sense of speed and is way better than PGR. Its a lot more fun to play with friends too.

Nerrad529
05-21-2002, 02:09 PM
I got Project Gotham Racing. I want Rallisport Challenge, might have to go check out ebay for a deal.

kornavs19
05-21-2002, 04:09 PM
PGR is a good game... The cars look GREAT!!!
The only thing is, it's hard to turn..... The only way you could get a nice turn is if you go slow or have a nice slide... Im good at sliding but alot of the turns are really close so there aint much u could do about that...... RSC has more freedom... Your not stuck in a city and there still nice tracks... Plus The levels arent as wacked.....Just what I think.....:)