PDA

View Full Version : XBOX parties... just wondering.

wweomaniac
05-20-2002, 03:37 PM
I know I've been to 6 xbox parties.. ever since I got my XBOX in November. First one was like in January. I got three controllers and my friend has 4... so that puts a total to 7 people playing Halo simutaneously. There's usually more then 7 people there at a time though. We both have THPS3... but we never play that over system link.

Wondering what everyone elses experiences are...

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 03:42 PM
I voted to the one that says, yes, I have. However, I haven't actually been to one yet. This Friday, though, I'm going to my first one and it will have 16 dudes and four boxes playing Halo! I can't wait!! :)

Spaztic
05-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I voted to the one that says, yes, I have. However, I haven't actually been to one yet. This Friday, though, I'm going to my first one and it will have 16 dudes and four boxes playing Halo! I can't wait!! :)

let the sausage fest begin! Nothing says loving like 16 drunk dudes blowing the hell out of each other:confused: .....That really didn't come out right! I mean playing halo together!

DZNUTZ
05-20-2002, 03:56 PM
LMFAO!!!

Casper
05-20-2002, 03:57 PM
*just fell off the chair laughing so dam hard!!! :D :D

l Maximus l
05-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls

let the sausage fest begin! Nothing says loving like 16 drunk dudes blowing the hell out of each other:confused: .....That really didn't come out right! I mean playing halo together!

Dude, those are some rancid words, man! But, don't get me wrong, kinda funny...but, this will be no sword fight...we are all just looking to get drunk and play some Halo :D

Kraft
05-20-2002, 04:09 PM
My last halo fest was comprised of 9 guys and 7 girls... not really a 'sausage fest' by any stretch of the word. Gotta love college and cool girls :D

Plewis
05-20-2002, 04:15 PM

Dude, those are some rancid words, man! But, don't get me wrong, kinda funny...but, this will be no sword fight...we are all just looking to get drunk and play some Halo :D

i read through it and though... hmm sword fight what is he talkin about... then I got it... you are truly disgusting:eek: :(

EDIT: I forgot... I have had a few halo parties... but never system link... i am planning a system link game sometime this summer. There's always 1 person that cant play:(

Spaztic
05-20-2002, 04:25 PM

I wasn't trying to be gross, I just typed it out...read it over, saw that is could be taken in the wrong context and thought "AWW Perfect post"! I know what you mean max! It is all cool, by the way it sounds like a lot of fun, I wish I could join! By no way was I trying to make a crack on your sexuality....we all know you got a wife and which team you hit on! No bad feelings? I know you crack at me now and then and its all good......

Kraftslu the chick posters on you wall don't count! If that is the case I play have lan partys all the time! No but really that is cool that some chicks at your school play with you:rolleyes: Now I want to find a chick that can actually compete with me at halo...now that would be a sight to behold!

mercsix
05-20-2002, 04:26 PM
I have 2 Xboxes and I have 2 friends that each have one. Saturday we cooked out steaks and sat them all up in the backyard and played 2 on each Box 4on4 CTF it was awesome. Nothing compares to playing against another player you never know what will happen. I would love to play against more people unfortunately I don't know that many people.

wweomaniac
05-20-2002, 04:43 PM
whoa 16 ppl!!! Thatll own. Two other people I know might be getting XBOXs soon b/c of the price drop.. .so if they do... we'll have more xboxs. But we still need more tvs.

Huckleberry
05-20-2002, 04:46 PM
every monday night, there are between 16 and 24 people here for halo night. it officially starts at 7, but now people are starting to show up early to get an extra game in. we usually have at least one weekend day a month where we start around 10 am and play until midnight. i've got two grills on my deck, so now that it's nice, the people that aren't in a particular game are out cooking lunch/dinner for the rest of the party. it used to be a microbrew group, too, but since the discovery of Bacardi Silver, well, let's just say that we're hoping to Bacardi to sponsor monday nights!

OppiumNitrates
05-20-2002, 04:54 PM
iv only done it with 2 boxes and like 6 people . . . . for a LAN game but on XBC iv done up to a 6v6 it was sweet. . . .

how bout posting your greatest HALO moments during a LAN. . .

i was playing CTF in a 2v2 at the gultch and my team mate had the flag and hit the warp, i was at the enemy base cauzing a distraction when he did so. . . well i took a guy out but then got killed . . . so after i respawed i grabed a warthog near my base and headed over to the enemy warp to pick up my boy w/ the flag . . . . . well as i got closer i seen another warthog chasing him and i though i had no chance at stoping him, but i gunned it toward my teamate hopeing for the best. . . . . right as the enemy was going to make roadkill out of my boy(and i mean right before he got hit. . .like imagine the bumber of the hog right on his ass) i T boned the warthog hard as hell cauzing it to flip atleast 2 and 1/2 times . . . . so the enemy driver (now on foot) starts mowin down my boy . . . . so i cut the wheel and took aim on his ass running him down . . . . this was the winning score in a long game of alt flag . . . . just the timing that i had made it so great anyone else have a great momnt to share??

wweomaniac
05-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry
every monday night, there are between 16 and 24 people here for halo night. it officially starts at 7, but now people are starting to show up early to get an extra game in. we usually have at least one weekend day a month where we start around 10 am and play until midnight. i've got two grills on my deck, so now that it's nice, the people that aren't in a particular game are out cooking lunch/dinner for the rest of the party. it used to be a microbrew group, too, but since the discovery of Bacardi Silver, well, let's just say that we're hoping to Bacardi to sponsor monday nights!

whoa... thats crazy. WE just order pizza and player for like 5-7 hours. I wish I had a wicked grill...

Stiffy
05-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Glad you wrote in Huckleberry!

I'm one of the attendees to the Monday night rampage. We've been doing this since launch (actually, we've been doing this with other systems for the past 4 years), so I guess we've held around 26 parties so far. But, we also do all-dayers and all nighters. The last all nighter consisted of me and two friends playing through Silent Hill 2. The rules: every time the actor said a B-movie quality line you had to take a shot of tequila. Two bottles of Cuervo later we realized that was a bad idea.

Shorezy
05-20-2002, 06:25 PM
No i've never been to one, but i'd love to get one goin or go to one soon.

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 06:28 PM
I wanna go to one some day.

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 09:10 PM
Unfortunetly, I just don't know enough people with X-Box's in my area. So it may never become a reality for me.:(

wweomaniac
05-20-2002, 09:12 PM
I know like 6 people with xboxs.
Like ther person who I have xbox parties with is cool..
everyone else who has an xbox who I know is a nerd

RadRider
05-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Well, none of my friends have Xboxes, so that narrows the possibilities. My little brother's friends (well a lot of them anyway) have Xboxes, so that's where my one experience was. 4 Xboxes, 8 people. Funnily enough, we had more fun playing "twisted system" on Fuzion Frenzy than playing Halo.

I'd like to go to another one soon, and often, but I just don't know many Xbox owners near here.

LynxFX
05-21-2002, 01:59 AM
I don't know anyone with an Xbox near me. :(

Sounds like alot of fun. I've been to LAN parties before. Only requirement was to bring lots and lots of soda. (we were all underage at the time. ;))