PDA

View Full Version : Do XBOXs really melt?

CALzinger
05-20-2002, 05:22 PM
Maybe this thread was made before, but do xbox's really melt? i heard this somewhere and i thought it was just a stupid lie, and it probably is. They said that if u leave ur xbox on for a long time, it starts to melt

is this 100% bull****?
or is it all true?

Spaztic
05-20-2002, 05:25 PM
mine melted all over my entertainment center!

UltraMuffin
05-20-2002, 05:25 PM
I accidentally left my Xbox on for 12 hours once and it wasn't even hot... just warm.

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 05:52 PM
It's true. It burned my house down..just like a volcano.:(

Snoopy7548
05-20-2002, 06:02 PM
mine melted, it melted into the face of bill gates

Alien
05-20-2002, 06:04 PM
I've left mine on for quite a while on accident, and nothing happened. It worked fine too.

Frostberg
05-20-2002, 06:06 PM
How would it melt....lol this is hillarious...If the Xbox melted so would your computer, every other system you owned, not to mention your television, cell phone, or anything made out of metal with a electronic chip of some kind in it...

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 06:13 PM
Maybe that is why my XBox is broken! It must have melted!:rolleyes:

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia
Maybe that is why my XBox is broken! It must have melted!:rolleyes:

Yeah, seriously. You think everyone would know about this rumor by now.:eek:

Snoopy7548
05-20-2002, 06:15 PM
mine melted all over my ps2 and gamecube, it just devoured them, lol:D

Shorezy
05-20-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
How would it melt....lol this is hillarious...If the Xbox melted so would your computer, every other system you owned, not to mention your television, cell phone, or anything made out of metal with a electronic chip of some kind in it...

HAHA good point Frostberg.

I donno where ya herd this one, but it sure is a good one! I've left my box on for quiet a while too, and it was almost as warm as when i left it.

CodeMonkey
05-20-2002, 06:22 PM
LOL funny stuff is that............. make the most, when it starts shove some bangers and burgers on........

just make sure u have the auto shut of switched on, when the xbox is in idle for so long.............

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
LOL funny stuff is that............. make the most, when it starts shove some bangers and burgers on........

just make sure u have the auto shut of switched on, when the xbox is in idle for so long.............

I used to have that on until I was playing and fell asleep..:mad:

DBXNY
05-20-2002, 06:29 PM
LOL....I'll have to save this thread for the next time me or some else needs a self-esteem boost.

CALzinger
05-20-2002, 06:47 PM
sadly, i am not this crazy person who created this rumor. then again, i wish i was crazy;) ;) ;) ;) but not crazy enough to start rumors about melting consoles, seriously, my comp is on all day and all night, and obviously, it is still here

thebruce
05-20-2002, 09:01 PM
No, contrary to popular belief, the XBox is actully melt-proof.

NASA conducted an experiment in which the fired an XBox directly at the sun, and sure enough, 5 days later it emerged on the other side unharmed after travelling through the centre.

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 09:46 PM
No. It's just that simple. ;)

Nerrad529
05-21-2002, 01:33 AM
I leave my computer on for days it never melted. But I heard that rumor awhile back.

WynnFire
05-21-2002, 01:36 AM
Ummm....NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had mine on for 11 hours straight non stop. Two friends came over and we played Halo. We played through the whole game twice (easy and Normal) then the rest of the time we were in the Multiplayer maps. No smoke, no melting, no smells, NOTHING!!!!!

I spent a whole day off watching movies. I watched 6 movies coming out to almost 10 hours without turning the machine off once. No problems at all. No skipping, stopping, no blotches on the screen, no smoke, no weird sounds, NOTHING!!!

For all I know, this thing is indestructable.

Ok, maybe it made a few sounds while watching the movie but that was only because the laser was switching from one layer of the DVD disk to the other.

:mad: :eek: ;) :cool:

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 11:03 AM

I was wondering why ms included a grill like design on the xbox....then my xbox heated up! I put a steak on there and shaBang! I had a four course meal.....THanks MS! This is really a do everything machine!

idea for xbox 2
george forman grill that plays state of the art video games!
oh and for max, a beer tap attachment!

CoMATOSE
05-21-2002, 11:10 AM
........riiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

by the way have u found the secret switch to turn it into a deathstar capable of wiping out all nintendo/ps2 fanboys in the universe?

CALzinger
05-21-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by CoMATOSE
........riiiiiiiiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

by the way have u found the secret switch to turn it into a deathstar capable of wiping out all nintendo/ps2 fanboys in the universe?

nope, but i will find it soon, hopefully, that way, i wont have to sit down and read this "mind-death" rumor:eek: :eek: :eek: