PDA

View Full Version : Hell Freezes Over Yet Again

Xboxfan123
05-20-2002, 06:47 PM
I traded in my Xbox for a PS2 today. Actually the store is sold out so I pick up the console on Wednesday.

I'm not writing this to antagonize anyone here so I'll keep my reasons personal. You are all good people and I wish the best for the Xbox. Take care.

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123
I traded in my Xbox for a PS2 today. Actually the store is sold out so I pick up the console on Wednesday.

I'm not writing this to antagonize anyone here so I'll keep my reasons personal. You are all good people and I wish the best for the Xbox. Take care.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! WHY WHY Why?
Oh well!!:( :(

Crazy Joe
05-20-2002, 06:54 PM
man, with a name like XboxFan i am surprised, oh well, if you want a PS2 that bad, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. :P

Halo of Flies
05-20-2002, 06:56 PM
I did it the other way around. Trust me - it's better! :D

P.S. Will you be getting the 5hit port of 'Wreckless'? LOL!

faceoff508
05-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Its the guys choise! Probbbly he trated it in because his friends were bashing him for buying an Xbox!

Kyle Static
05-20-2002, 07:08 PM
You, Triator.... hold me back.....hold me back, c'mon hold me back, aww forget it. I cant believe it man just before E3 and the rush of games. I'm very disapointed with you :mad:

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 07:10 PM
Man, you could have soared to great hieghts...its a shame.:(

Toonz
05-20-2002, 07:33 PM
Ya I just might go trade mine in as well after reading the big E3 announcement of all the online Games including 3 I already own. What a waste to buy a game and find out there gonna release online versions later on. I guess its the microsoft way though. Always has been..............always will be.

khaos2005
05-20-2002, 07:43 PM
There was no point in telling us this useless information. No one cares. Enjoy your new "game console".

Xboxfan123
05-20-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Static
You, Triator.... hold me back.....hold me back, c'mon hold me back, aww forget it. I cant believe it man just before E3 and the rush of games. I'm very disapointed with you :mad:

SF??? Help me out.

I expected to get flamed here. No suprise. I still really enjoyed this site.

egg
05-20-2002, 07:57 PM
For some reason.. I just dont believe you!!!!!.....

Shorezy
05-20-2002, 07:57 PM
thanks for the good-bye, but HOW COULD U GET RID OF THE XBOX!!! AND FOR A PS2! MAN! well best uh luck.

Xboxfan123
05-20-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies
I did it the other way around. Trust me - it's better! :D

P.S. Will you be getting the 5hit port of 'Wreckless'? LOL!

I bought Gran Trurismo 3 and getting Grand Theft Auto III soon. Waiting for Madden 2003 and NHL 2003.

I have nothing against the Xbox and had fun with it but I had my reasons for trading it in.

Xboxfan123
05-20-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by halo_11
thanks for the good-bye, but HOW COULD U GET RID OF THE XBOX!!! AND FOR A PS2! MAN! well best uh luck.

Thanks. Bye all. I think you will find out soon why that wasn't as bad a move as it seems. Bye.

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Keep the x-box. Buy a PS2 too for all I care but keep the Box. The PS2 may be the present (I don't think it is) but the X-Box is the future.:(

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 08:05 PM

Thanks. Bye all. I think you will find out soon why that wasn't as bad a move as it seems. Bye.

Why?:rolleyes:

cornflake
05-20-2002, 08:33 PM
ya why?

Xboxfan123
05-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

Why?:rolleyes:

I bought my Xbox one week after launch. The Xbox had defects in North America. No big deal for any new console. When there were so many defective units in Japan that proved that MS still couldn't get it right. They needed a flawless launch in Japan and coudn't do it. Their ruputation is ruined in Japan. The Xbox had to do well in the UK and they didn't. All of this filters back to North America so don't say who cares about the UK and Japan.

MS lowered the price because they had to. The system just was not selling. Sony can lower the price because they have such a stronghold in the industry. The price cut will hurt MS because they were already losing $ at 299 USD. Now they will lose about 160 USD for every console sold. You do the math.

I enjoyed my Xbox but all the Dreamcast danger signs are here. The Titanic was big and powerfull but it still sunk right? I think the Xbox will survive a while longer because MS has a huge ego. Great system bad timing. Hope I'm wrong guys. Nothing I have said will be popular here but it's all happened.

Kortiz
05-20-2002, 08:48 PM
ummmm, ok

HELLO, READ THIS FOO!!

MS= 98BILLION BUCKS

Sega = 2billion bucks

YOU DO THE MATH FOO!

also, the defect in japan was not a defect at all.....scratches didnt do anything to the performance of the box, SO SHUT UP FOO!

xbox is new in this business, they got money and they got time, why ya getting all worried, oh well, you dont make your decision, i was almost in ur boat at one time but i saw the light.

Xbox Owner
05-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
ummmm, ok

HELLO, READ THIS FOO!!

MS= 98BILLION BUCKS

Sega = 2billion bucks

Did you mean Sony?

If so, you have just proven my point.:)

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 08:56 PM
Have fun with your POS2, XBoxFan. Don't come a crying back to us when you realized you made the wrong descision...

Xboxfan123
05-20-2002, 08:58 PM
ummmm, ok

HELLO, READ THIS FOO!!

MS= 98BILLION BUCKS

Sega = 2billion bucks

YOU DO THE MATH FOO!

also, the defect in japan was not a defect at all.....scratches didnt do anything to the performance of the box, SO SHUT UP FOO!

xbox is new in this business, they got money and they got time, why ya getting all worried, oh well, you dont make your decision, i was almost in ur boat at one time but i saw the light.

Listen Fool. MS didn't make 98 billion bucks buy losing money. With every product they sell they have had a monopoly until now. How much longer do you think they will keep backing the Xbox. So the Xbox was not defective in Japan and you think I am a fool? Look in the mirror Bud.

Halo of Flies
05-20-2002, 09:07 PM

Listen Fool. MS didn't make 98 billion bucks buy losing money. With every product they sell they have had a monopoly until now. How much longer do you think they will keep backing the Xbox. So the Xbox was not defective in Japan and you think I am a fool? Look in the mirror Bud.
MS never thought they could win the console war with XBOX. They just wanted to establish themselves in the console world so that they could win with the XBOX 2. They are prepared to lose money if they have to, you have to speculate to accumulate...

DOOM
05-20-2002, 10:06 PM
WOW, What A Dumbarse!
I Must Have About A Dozen Or So USED PS2's In My Shop From Trade Ins For A New XBOX!!!
What Planet Is This Guy From!:p

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
WOW, What A Dumbarse!
I Must Have About A Dozen Or So USED PS2's In My Shop From Trade Ins For A New XBOX!!!

Really? That is good news. Hey I was wondering, at the local gamestores here, XBoxes are sold out but GC's and PoS2 are stocked. Is that the case with your store?

azmodan
05-20-2002, 10:13 PM
hey dude how did u trade it in and at what store do you like give them a xbox w/ 2 games and they give u a ps2 with 2 games? reason im asking is cuz i have 2 xboxes i bought one than got one later for my bday and both are opened so i cant take it to walmart and say it was a gift or somethin but i would like to trade it... and is the ps2 used and does it come w/ a warranty? i would maybe trade it with somone online but they could send u defected one or somethin and it will break a month later.. so let me know

DOOM
05-20-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtopia

Really? That is good news. Hey I was wondering, at the local gamestores here, XBoxes are sold out but GC's and PoS2 are stocked. Is that the case with your store? YES!!! I Have To Re-Stock Tomorow!
I Am SoOo Happy To See XBOX Doing Well...

Xboxfan123
05-20-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by DOOM
WOW, What A Dumbarse!

Newer doesn't mean better. Name one game other than Halo that lives up to the Xbox hype? Even Gran Turismo is a better game than Rallysport Challange.
I remember when Xbox first came out and everyone said that the graphics are so much better than the GC. Where is that arguement now?

Remember the hype about games like WWF Raw, NBA Inside Drive and Wreckless? And how many games actually make use of the ability to rip music? Load times are long too. Developers are not putting full effort into Xbox games because the system is failing. give your head a shake man and grab a lifeboat.

Xtopia
05-20-2002, 10:25 PM
I am glad the XBox is doing well...but as you know...my XBox broke, and I need a new one. But Wal-Mart has been out of em for almost a week. And I have not been able to get a new, working XBox. It is getting very frustrating.:(

Fixxer
05-20-2002, 10:58 PM
Dood, have fun playing Ninja Gaiden! Hmmm... Oh, wait, you can't :confused: :o

DOOM
05-20-2002, 11:10 PM
Developers are not putting full effort into Xbox games because the system is failing. give your head a shake man and grab a lifeboat.
WTF R U ShMoKiNg? :eek:

RadRider
05-21-2002, 12:23 AM
I just have to say something. Sure, the Xbox might not last that long, but it will last at least as long as the GameCube will. Sure, EA doesn't put effort into ports, but every other company adds plenty of "things". Plus, there's plenty of exclusive games too.
I don't care that you got a PS2, all the more power to you.

Me? I'm going to keep my Xbox because I know it has the games that appeal most to me: games that are pushing the boundaries, and many of which are going to be playable on the most exciting online service in history.

l Maximus l
05-21-2002, 12:31 AM
Well, if I were to ever trade my XBox, it certainly wouldn't have been for a PS2 or a GameCube. I wouldn't even trade my XBox in for a few kegs of beer! (did I just say that? :confused: ) hehe :D

But seriously...many of the major hits on the PoS2 will be found on the XBox but will have enhanced graphics, more weapons, more levels, more playable characters, more...well, everything. Why settle for the second best version of the same game? It just doesn't make sense.

The PoS2 is becoming old. XBoxFan...I'm surprised that you finally jumped into the hype of the PoS2 after 1 1/2 years have passed. :(

Well, enjoy purchasing that PoS2 for $199.99 then buying a multi-tap just so you can have a total of four players. Have a blast purchasing those ridiculously expensive memory cards so you can actually enjoy your games. And, let your buttcheeks get anticipated goosebumps when you have to purchase the ethernet port so you can play your PoS2 on-line. By the way, welcome back to over $300 ;)

Azazel
05-21-2002, 12:57 AM
Well said Max.... Id like to make a point also.

I waited outside Best Buy at 3am to get my PS2. I played SSX till there was no tomorrow, but that was the only game I owned for 8 months! All the other games were a let down. Only a year later did the PS2 get games worth owning.

Trading in my PS2 for an xbox was the best decision I ever made. Xbox got me back into gaming.

VenoM
05-21-2002, 01:01 AM
what a big mistake...bro are you on crack...whats wrong with you...xbox is getting all of the ps2's great games....give it some time...it hasnt even been a year since its release for crying out loud.....ps2 didnt have good games till after a year and a half of there release....they just started seeing good games..this is MICROSOFT damn it not just any other company,they will do anything and spend as much money as it takes to take over the gaming world...this aint sega buddy,MS can afford anything...gt3 sucks by the way....horrible graphics.....how could you stand them jaggie games...the only advantage i see with the ps2 is getting the games before xbox and gc do but little do you know all there doing is using you ps2 people....your gonna be a beta tester dude =)........your beta testing there games HAHHAHAHA :D after the beta testing is over they then announce the xbox version of the so called ps2 exclusive title and add enhancments and extra stuff....making it the final complete version of a game ;) hey...beta test mgs2 for me....i cant wait for the final complete version of mgs2 which is really mgsx...mgs2 was just the beta code name....lol...i'll be playing the full complete version the way it was ment to be while you'll be playing with the incomplete version(also downgraded version)...aint that cool....oh well...have fun with your ps2....umm....for the next 2 years....shhhhhh ::whispers:: ps3 will be out by then

:)

Nerrad529
05-21-2002, 01:27 AM
enough of the dreamcast **** xbox is nothing like it. Have fun with your ps2 most of my friends still try to rub it in. But the funny part is at least 3 of the ps2 don't work. Ha Ha Ha waste of 300 hundred dollars

Marc
05-21-2002, 02:48 AM
You fuked up...

Piccolo_DBz
05-21-2002, 04:09 AM
So he's not really an xboxfan....ah well...

CoMATOSE
05-21-2002, 04:27 AM
wot kind 'a dumb arse sells their console right before E3, u could be attempting suicide in a few days.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gillaga
05-21-2002, 05:01 AM
Why couldn't you just wait until the next PS2 price drop and then own both? There's no law against owning two consoles.

And Dreamcast may have been a failed financial endeavor, but in my opinion it was a success in giving me fun and enriching gaming experiences. That's ALL that matters.

CoMATOSE
05-21-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Gillaga

And Dreamcast may have been a failed financial endeavor, but in my opinion it was a success in giving me fun and enriching gaming experiences. That's ALL that matters.

hear here....:(

OppiumNitrates
05-21-2002, 10:12 AM
Hey XBoxSell-Out123 . . . .
There might be millions of more people with PoS2's out there but how many of them can u challenge to a game form your own home???

when i go on XBConnect there r plenty of more fortunate gamers who i can challenge to a game of Halo . . .THSP3 . . . or any game with system link for that matter . . . .

Newer doesn't mean better. Name one game other than Halo that lives up to the Xbox hype?

your right newer dosent mean better . . . but more dont mean better eighter

one game DOA3 . . . . ;)

I remember when Xbox first came out and everyone said that the graphics are so much better than the GC. Where is that arguement now?

well since both systems came out at the same time u wouold expect them to look equaly good right?!?!?! besides grafx dont make great games they r just a part of them but here r some riddles

wheres GC's hard drive . . . in their dreams
wheres GC's broadband ability . . . being used in some guys satnd up act
wheres GC's fan base . . . in kinder garden

wheres PS2's hard drive . . . thats extra $$
wheres PS2's broadband ability . . . or should i say internet connection cauz of dial up u get to play in some lagged out enviornment if it ever goes online
wheres PS2's fan base . . . at their friends house playing Xbox

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 10:34 AM

Newer doesn't mean better. Name one game other than Halo that lives up to the Xbox hype? Even Gran Turismo is a better game than Rallysport Challange.

Remember the hype about games like WWF Raw, NBA Inside Drive and Wreckless? And how many games actually make use of the ability to rip music? Load times are long too. Developers are not putting full effort into Xbox games because the system is failing. give your head a shake man and grab a lifeboat.

OF course Gran Turismo being better then RalliSport is your opinion. I personally like rallisport better, and I am not being biased. Gran T is a great game but compairing rallisport to gran t is like apples and oranges. I do like gran T better the project gotham though.

I am sorry you feel this way about the xbox....obviously you never realized that ms knows they are going to lose money on the xbox and that they are going to make it back with software sales. And I do recal that the xbox has the higest game to console buying rate. So it actually looks like m$ is doing all right. I know once you realize the ps2 is at its limits, and the xbox is just begining to scrape the surface that you have made the biggest mistake of your life. Looks like a ps2 fanboy got to you. Just remember all the games you will be missing due to exclusives.

metal gear solid substance
strident
ninja guidan
brute force
duality
enclave
gta4(possibly exclusive)
halo2
hunter
....and so on a so forth

so why don't you check back with us in about 6 months and see what is going on...I have a feeling you will be disappointed with you decision.....if gta3 and gran turismo is enough to keep you happy so be it.....

Like I will always say, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you......foo!

Marc
05-21-2002, 10:46 AM
And Morrowind...don't forget Morrowind. I don't think the xbox is anywhere CLOSE to failing and I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

JJaX
05-21-2002, 10:47 AM
i cant tell the difference between PS1 and PS2 games....

Have fun with your PS2, But your gonna feel like a chump after E3.

Ninja Scroll
05-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Waximus
The PoS2 is becoming old. XBoxFan...I'm surprised that you finally jumped into the hype of the PoS2 after 1 1/2 years have passed. :(

Well, enjoy purchasing that PoS2 for $199.99 then buying a multi-tap just so you can have a total of four players. Have a blast purchasing those ridiculously expensive memory cards so you can actually enjoy your games. And, let your buttcheeks get anticipated goosebumps when you have to purchase the ethernet port so you can play your PoS2 on-line. By the way, welcome back to over $300 ;)

LMAO!!! That is sooo f'n true, and funny as hell might I add!;)

Poor kid needs some guidence, too bad im busy giving mine to dat little trooper Yoda from Star Wars on his fighting skillz!:D

Xboxfan123
05-21-2002, 06:17 PM
Well I've listened to what all of you have said. I would have defended the Xbox to the death a few months ago but I just wasn't happy with the games that are out or coming out.

Ask youselves this. If the Xbox is that good then why is the PS2 still outselling it by a huge margin? Six months after launch and the Xbox still gets the PS2 ports. Developers could care less about the Xbox. When will games that use the so called power of the Xbox come out? When the Xbox2 launches? If there is one.

It's the Xbox that's over hyped more than the PS2. There are very few games that live up to all the hype. MS bombed in Japan and the UK and they have to practically give them away now.
MS had to drop the price by $100 six months after lauch...Not good. MS has stayed in it this long because of their bankroll and ego. They sold units at Christmas and the Xbox had it's glory.

If Xbox launched at the same time the PS2 did then maybe it would have a chance but I still say it has all the signs of the Dreamcast.

I hope that I'm wrong about the Xbox but for those of you who called me a fool, traiter, and that I made the "Biggest mistake of my life". (LOL) I guess you will all have to wait for your customer appreciation packages from MS for overpaying buy $100. They should be arriving to your home soon. Go check your mailboxes.

*shakes head*
*walks away*
*goes to stores and notices dust on unsold Xboxes*
*looks at the hundreds of PS2 games to choose from*
*smiles*

l Maximus l
05-21-2002, 06:24 PM
Well I've listened to what all of you have said. I would have defended the Xbox to the death a few months ago but I just wasn't happy with the games that are out or coming out.

Ask youselves this. If the Xbox is that good then why is the PS2 still outselling it by a huge margin? Six months after launch and the Xbox still gets the PS2 ports. Developers could care less about the Xbox. When will games that use the so called power of the Xbox come out? When the Xbox2 launches? If there is one.

It's the Xbox that's over hyped more than the PS2. There are very few games that live up to all the hype. MS bombed in Japan and the UK and they have to practically give them away now.
MS had to drop the price by $100 six months after lauch...Not good. MS has stayed in it this long because of their bankroll and ego. They sold units at Christmas and the Xbox had it's glory.

If Xbox launched at the same time the PS2 did then maybe it would have a chance but I still say it has all the signs of the Dreamcast.

I hope that I'm wrong about the Xbox but for those of you who called me a fool, traiter, and that I made the "Biggest mistake of my life". (LOL) I guess you will all have to wait for your customer appreciation packages from MS for overpaying buy $100. They should be arriving to your home soon. Go check you mailboxes.

*shakes head*
*walks away*
*smiles*

Dude, watch the E3 video on XBox.com and try saying that again ;)

Xboxfan123
05-21-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Dude, watch the E3 video on XBox.com and try saying that again ;)

If my Windows didn't freeze up I would have fallen asleep.

Like I said be sure to check your mailboxes for your customer appreciation coupon.

You can pick 2 of the following 3 games.

1. Shrek
2. Kabuki Warriors
3. WWF Raw

Or I could have listed 75% of all Xbox games that fit into that category.

BTW. LOL Robbie Back said that 20 games sold over 100,000 copies. Sad they brag about that. Got bored and turned off the captain of the Titanic.

faceoff508
05-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Why cant you get through your head that the Xbox just came OUT! DID THE PS2 HAVE GOOD GAMES AT THE BEGGINING? DID IT HAVE A LARGE QUANITY OF GAMES? THink about that, the Xbox is still young. The PS2 is old! You should probbably go and help out the PS2 out of the box. It might break if you dont becareful! Treat it as you treat your elders!:p :mad:

CodeMonkey
05-21-2002, 06:55 PM
Xboxfan123 I can see where you’re coming from with some of the things you were saying in this thread, for example:
1. Problems with the Xbox, this is a fair point and does worry me to a point, but I was under the impression that ALL new consoles had teething problems?

2. When u say about the graphics being poor and are not what was hoped for. Well I agree with you here for some of the current games, but I mean look at the games coming out, such as hunter, brute force, and strident etc. these game look amazing. U must remember it’s a new console and it takes a while for game developers to get use to the system.

3. It looks like the dreamcast all over again. Well being the owner of a DC I know where your coming from, but did you not get hours of fun on that system and did it not break the boundaries of fighting games and graphics? Its failure was due to sad fan boys from other consoles flaming it and due to the lack of funding from Sega. I mean you tell me how the ps2 changed gaming. 2 me it just seemed like a ps1 shoved in another case…. yeah I know the graphics where better, but the rest was just the same, nothing new…. and how long did it take for good games to come out for the ps2? Answer as least a year

Well I hope u enjoy your new console, I really do, I mean they are supposed to bring fun into our lives, so its whichever does that for you…..

Have fun…………..

Halo of Flies
05-21-2002, 07:31 PM
If the Xbox is that good then why is the PS2 still outselling it by a huge margin?
The same reason the music charts are full of rubbish - the general public are dumb sheep.

Six months after launch and the Xbox still gets the PS2 ports.
And how long has the PS2 been getting Dreamcast ports?

When will games that use the so called power of the Xbox come out?
Day one - Halo. How long did it take the PS2? - over a year!

There are very few games that live up to all the hype.
90% of games are rubbish on all systems, check your precious PS2....

MS bombed in Japan and the UK and they have to practically give them away now.
Giving them away? They're only matching Sony. So Sony must be giving the PS2 away (they can keep it!).

*shakes head*
*walks away*
*smiles*
....and then realises that there are only about 5 good ones after all this time....... :confused:

Xboxfan123
05-21-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
Xboxfan123 I can see where you’re coming from with some of the things you were saying in this thread, for example:
1. Problems with the Xbox, this is a fair point and does worry me to a point, but I was under the impression that ALL new consoles had teething problems?

2. When u say about the graphics being poor and are not what was hoped for. Well I agree with you here for some of the current games, but I mean look at the games coming out, such as hunter, brute force, and strident etc. these game look amazing. U must remember it’s a new console and it takes a while for game developers to get use to the system.

3. It looks like the dreamcast all over again. Well being the owner of a DC I know where your coming from, but did you not get hours of fun on that system and did it not break the boundaries of fighting games and graphics? Its failure was due to sad fan boys from other consoles flaming it and due to the lack of funding from Sega. I mean you tell me how the ps2 changed gaming. 2 me it just seemed like a ps1 shoved in another case…. yeah I know the graphics where better, but the rest was just the same, nothing new…. and how long did it take for good games to come out for the ps2? Answer as least a year

Well I hope u enjoy your new console, I really do, I mean they are supposed to bring fun into our lives, so its whichever does that for you…..

Have fun…………..

Thank you now I will leave as I don't want to become a PS2 Smilebit.

As for the PS2 being a PS1 clone. No. The original Playstation doesn't play DVD's. The PS2 does right out of the box.

Everytime MS screws up with the Xbox we all make excuses. Well I used to.

Xbox Screwup VS. Our answer

Xboxes are defective at launch. All new console do that

Xbox bombs in Japan. They are brand loyal

Xbox scratches CD's in Japan. Well you can still use them

Seamus Blackey leaves MS. He got a better offer

Xbox bombs in UK. They haven't caught on

Price drops $100 6 months after launch. Make one up here

Doesn't anyone else here see a pattern? The Xbox is becoming the next Dreamcast. Even with the PS2 and Xbox priced the same the Xbox still isn't selling and Sony is going to lower the price of their games by $10. Online gaming will not save the Xbox. I'm so glad I traded mine in. The Xbox will be Xtinct.

DOOM
05-21-2002, 07:48 PM
Hey Xboxfan123, Time To Change Your Name To TROLL!!!
:rolleyes:

JohnB
05-21-2002, 07:51 PM

http://home.satx.rr.com/gazeme/congrats.JPG

Seriously dude, you are an IDIOT. If you had any sense, you would have at least waited till E3. Or you could own both consoles like I do, but then I again I hardly play my PS2 anymore. Well, good luck with your new, or should I say obsolete console. Such a bad time to trade in a console... right before E3! I just don't get it... but hey it's your decision... hope you make better decisions in your life.

mercsix
05-21-2002, 08:00 PM
XBoxes defective at launch= My first PS1 was broken and I had to change it out every year after that due to the infamous overheating issue.

XBoxes bomb in Japan= Like that was a surprise Japan hates anything not Japanese for years we have had problems with Japan using unfair trade practices against US products.

XBoxes scratch CDs in Japan= It's amazing this only happened in Japan (see above) and MS stated it was in less than 1%

Seamus leaves MS for better offer= You said it, Seamus was always a gamer and game designer he never intended to stay with the XBox he knew all along that he would go back to making games he even stated he just wanted to design a system he could make great games for.

XBox bombs in UK= I wish I knew more about this I am sure it's full of holes but I have no facts or numbers on how XBox did.

XBox drops in price after only 6 Months= We all knew this was coming I really believe it will drop again in 6 more months MS only cares about saturating the market no matter what the cost.

bjones7259
05-21-2002, 08:19 PM
you know ive though many time about getting a ps2...BUT I WOULD NEVER TRADE IN MY BOX!!!!

RadRider
05-21-2002, 08:25 PM
I thought Xboxfan was a logical person who honestly thought the PS2 was a better purchase than the Xbox, and so traded them. But reading his latest posts, it's clear that he's ignorant. The reason the PS2 is outselling the Xbox is because of people like you Xboxfan. And even if one console outsells another, that doesn't make it a better choice.
And that's all I have to say. This thread is now officially stupid. The mods should delete it.

Piccolo_DBz
05-21-2002, 08:40 PM
Nah, Just close, And the dude should just leave to a PS2 site board. It seems best the way to go.

JohnB
05-21-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
I thought Xboxfan was a logical person who honestly thought the PS2 was a better purchase than the Xbox, and so traded them. But reading his latest posts, it's clear that he's ignorant. The reason the PS2 is outselling the Xbox is because of people like you Xboxfan. And even if one console outsells another, that doesn't make it a better choice.
And that's all I have to say. This thread is now officially stupid. The mods should delete it.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

l Maximus l
05-21-2002, 09:19 PM
XBox vs. PS2:

PS2:
1. More games - one year headstart - only 5 games are even worth boasting about: GTA3, GT3, Devil May Cry, MGS2 and......okay, make that four ;)
2. $39.99 memory card required to play games, unless you are one that likes to start over from the beginning :confused:
3. $39.99 for a multi-tap just so you can play with a total of four players :confused:
4. Hard-drive add-on...not sure of the price, however, it's not going to be cheap and certainly not free ;)
5. Ethernet add-on required for playing on-line. Again, not going to be cheap and certainly not free ;)
6. Not LAN game capable
7. Does not support HDTVs for progressive scan OR Widescreen.
8. No 5.1 DD SS compatibility
9. Processor is 1/3 the power of the XBox and half the power of the Kiddie Cube
10. DVD playback is very low end.

XBox:
1. 70 games available as of May 21st, 2002. Over 200 games available by nearing Holiday season.
2. XBox takes hit games found on competeting consoles and adds "XBox Xtras" by including enhanced graphics, more playable characters, more weapons, more levels, and many other applicable content. Why settle for the second best version of the same game with a PoS2?
3. Four controller ports
4. Broadband ready with built in Ethernet port
5. On-line support from a network that costs Microsoft over one billion dollars - which equals approximately 1/6 of the entire Sony Corporation's net worth :eek:
6. HDTV compatible - both progressive scan and Widescreen.
7. 5.1 DD SS capable
8. Built-in Hard-drive for game saves...no need for memory cards
9. Built-in Hard-drive for booster discs and for on-line gaming
10. Built-in Hard-drive for ripping your own music and listening to your personal audio CD collection while playing selective games
11. Higher end DVD playback compared to the PoS2
12. Hotter exclusive titles and loyalty from some of the industry's game developer icons including the makers of Project Ego, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Lucas Arts (KOTOR), Unreal Championship, Halo (Bungie) and several others (now including the makers of Everquest)
13. I could add more but my fingers are getting sore ;)

Xtopia
05-21-2002, 09:22 PM
XBox vs. PS2:

PS2:
1. More games - one year headstart - only 5 games are even worth boasting about: GTA3, GT3, Devil May Cry, MGS2 and......okay, make that four ;)
2. $39.99 memory card required to play games, unless you are one that likes to start over from the beginning :confused:
3. $39.99 for a multi-tap just so you can play with a total of four players :confused:
4. Hard-drive add-on...not sure of the price, however, it's not going to be cheap and certainly not free ;)
5. Ethernet add-on required for playing on-line. Again, not going to be cheap and certainly not free ;)
6. Not LAN game capable

XBox:
1. 70 games available as of May 21st, 2002. Over 200 games available by nearing Holiday season.
2. XBox takes hit games found on competeting consoles and adds "XBox Xtras" by including enhanced graphics, more playable characters, more weapons, more levels, and many other applicable content. Why settle for the second best version of the same game with a PoS2?
3. Four controller ports
5. On-line support from a network that costs Microsoft over one billion dollars - which equals approximately 1/6 of the entire Sony Corporation's net worth :eek:
7. 5.1 DD SS capable
10. Built-in Hard-drive for ripping your own music and listening to your personal audio CD collection while playing selective games
12. Hotter exclusive titles and loyalty from some of the industry's game developer icons including the makers of Project Ego, Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Lucas Arts (KOTOR), Unreal Championship, Halo (Bungie) and several others (now including the makers of Everquest)

Nice post! XBoxFan123 should read that, and make sure he wants to become a loser!

faceoff508
05-21-2002, 09:25 PM
Heres a site that has the Hardware Specifications for Xbox and Playstaion 2: http://www.infosatellite.com/news/2001/08/a0801xbox_vs_gamecube.html

How do you like that!

Slacker
05-21-2002, 10:54 PM
Every New console goes through all the same crap, remember when Nintendo fans said PS1 sucked , all I heard for TWO years was how playstation sucked, all those people who complained eventually Got a PS1 and Now all those same idiots are saying Crap about Xbox just because it's Microsoft, they hated PS1 because it was SONY , so people are just stupid ,

I was a PS2 fanboy for awhile ..well until I read all the specs for the Xbox, I don't think Xbox will get huge until christmas 2003 , and the new Game Blink or Link the one with the furry kitty, well that game will rock the world of gaming, although I probaly won't buy it , that game will sell mutil-million copies

Micrsoft has alot riding on the Xbox , for sure but it is phase one of a multi year objective, all this Xbox will fail crap is sh&t because everyone is basing their Beliefs on DC , DC died because of Next gen competion , PS2 isn't Next Gen, many consoles have come , Jaguar,3DO,Atari, but all of them were not supported by the Biggest richest corporation in the world, ,,,, for every 1 million Sony or Nintendo can spend Microsft can spend 30 million ,

it took Sony many years to out sell Nintendo, and it will take a few years for Xbox to climb on top, ,,,,,,

Just a note when I bought my Xbox 4 weeks ago, I bought the last one, I said this the last one , the clerk said yeah we sell alot of Xboxes, I noticed the Gamecube section had about 8 and PS2 had so many I couldn't count them in a walk by,

Besides who wants to buy a 2 year old console , with DC ports , and GTA3 is only fun for about an hour , I like GTA 2 better

Dre
05-21-2002, 11:07 PM
Whatever, everyone is allowed their own opinion..

I pity xboxfan123 however.., had he only seen the E3 Xbox press conference (http://www.xbox.com/e3-02/default.htm) he might have saved himself from such a grave mistake. But oh well, whatever floats his boat. Just sucks that his boat is sinking ;)

Have fun ps2fan123, in a year or so when you purchase an xbox for a second time, you might join back here. And if you do, I'll have fun discussing with you the games you played on your PS2. It'll be cool too, because I will probably have played much improved versions of them on xbox.

So cya soon!

l Maximus l
05-21-2002, 11:56 PM
I also would like to add that after Microsoft makes the network for XBox Live, technically speaking, this network could be considered, hypothetically, the third largest telecommunications company in the world! XBox Live is not going to be $50,000,000 (Fifty million) nor is it going to be $500,000,000 (Five-Hundred Million)...it's going to cost OVER $1 BILLION dollars! That is $1,000,000,000+

Can anyone even fathom a number that big? :eek:

OZXboxAddict
05-22-2002, 12:28 AM
I also would like to add that after Microsoft makes the network for XBox Live, technically speaking, this network could be considered, hypothetically, the third largest telecommunications company in the world! XBox Live is not going to be $50,000,000 (Fifty million) nor is it going to be $500,000,000 (Five-Hundred Million)...it's going to cost OVER $1 BILLION dollars! That is $1,000,000,000+

Can anyone even fathom a number that big? :eek:

Yes! :) Actually I'm Bills adopted son and that's my monthly allowance . . .

XboxFan the facts speak for themselves. That is, the console speaks for itself (ie its the best), The games speak for themselves - are and will be the best (ie as Maximus said why settle for 2nd best!) the flexibility of the console with 4 controller ports, lan play, ability to download content and LIVE PLAY OUT OF THE BOX 4 'THE BOX'

nuff said

X-Ray
05-22-2002, 12:31 AM
So why is xboxfan still hangin around?:confused:

Unless this is a joke (and anyone who trades an X-box for a ps2 is a joke) what's the point of stickin around? Go find a nice PS2 site and work up a post count. Start a word association thred--that seems to do the trick for some people *cough*Xboxowner*cough*. Anyway I hope you change your mind.

Don't sound like much of an xboxfan to me:rolleyes:

UnitedKingdom
05-22-2002, 06:35 AM

The Xbox had to do well in the UK and they didn't. All of this filters back to North America so don't say who cares about the UK and Japan.

Xbox bombs in UK. They haven't caught on

And being from Canada you'd know all about the UK and European markets would you? No you wouldn't, so shut up. Xbox is out selling PS2 and Gamecube over here since the price drop.

Ha, what do you think of that xboxfanny123.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

bjones7259
05-22-2002, 11:46 PM
you know everyone here is throwing around numbers and saying how oh the x box out sold the ps2 or the x box bomb...LETS SEE SOME PROOF PEOPLE...numbers websites that are not affiliated with sony, nintendo, or microsoft.

OEM Alien
05-23-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Gillaga
Why couldn't you just wait until the next PS2 price drop and then own both? There's no law against owning two consoles.

And Dreamcast may have been a failed financial endeavor, but in my opinion it was a success in giving me fun and enriching gaming experiences. That's ALL that matters. yep, i agree. i'm getting a gamecube as soon as i find out for sure that r.e. isn't comming to xbox. thats the only reason i want one, the r.e. games. plus there will be a game here or there that will fill the void when xbox goes on a dry spell (like right now). so yay for me! gc for 149.99!!!!! and I'M KEEPIN MY XBOX! :D
-i'll wait till ps2 goes down to 149.99, as well, before buying one.

Kleen
05-23-2002, 09:16 AM
Ass. Whatever it's your decision. You should have bought the PS2 1.5 years ago, then you would know the truth. Why trade one system for the other? You will always lose. Get a job and own both. Throw in th GCN if you''re really crazy. PS2 has some good games (concepts) and will has great potential to receive more because of the installed base. It's a vicious cycle.

I bought an XBOX for new & better games, plus the best versions of multiplatform games. Only a lot of games get ported instead, or remain exclusive to PS2. So you see my plan to make my PS2 obsolete has hit a speed bump. I'm condemned to play those games with lousy graphics and unrealized potential. The PS2's display system sucked when I can out and it sucks now. If every dev gave full support to the XBOX (they don't have to abandon the others, just give equal support), then the world would be a better place.

When I think about the games coming to PS2, I realize that most of then are sequels to games I bought but don't play, some of which I never even finished. DMC2, TMB:OL, GT3, GTA4, etc. Some are new, like SOCOM, Red Dead Revolver; but most leave me unexcited--I certainly don't want to spend $50 on them (I play the XBOX and PC, now, mostly). I could careless about Final Fantasy. I would just like these games on XBOX because they would be as good as the devs saw possible at this time, and would garner more support for the XBOX. More support, more games.

In the end, I think the best thing for my PS2 is for it to follow in the footsteps of my PS1--to be "modded." That way it could take the title of best videogame investment ever.

Frink
05-23-2002, 09:57 AM
This is my opinion on this topic. I own a PS2 and an Xbox. PS2 is like everyone has said 1 1/2 years old. Now right after PS2 came out I remeber reading many articles about why people shouldn't buy PS2 and it will bomb. They actually recommended buying Dreamcast (if only I could find that link). I, right now, have more Xbox games then I do PS2 and all the games I own I love. The only reason PS2 is selling more is because it already has a fanbase. People have to realize it is PS2 and already has a fanbase from the original Playstation. I love my PS2 but right now I am playing my Xbox more just because of the games coming out. Every console has a rough start you just have to look at the future not the present.

FuNkY mOnK
05-23-2002, 10:22 AM
It’s weird, I consider myself a dedicated gamer and would have surly went with ps2 with all the games available, so as a dedicated gamer the things I look for is the expectation and enthusiasm that goes in a console, something ps2 will never have and find that it will be totally impossible to achieve with the standards that have been set for the future.

In time xbox will have gained the respect and comfort Sony and Nintendo is known for mark my words.

tech
05-23-2002, 01:34 PM
XBox vs. PS2:

PS2: Many RPGs

Xbox: ZERO RPGs

I'm talking about now people. Not future. Six months is long enough to give me one RPG. I also bought a PS2 before E3. Man the graphics kindof sucks compared to my Xbox but I'm keeping both. I am now currently enjoying my PS2 RPGs right now. Now matters to me. If you add all the RPG's the PS2 wins hands down. You can't win if you don't have any out right? Well, I guess my PS2 is an RPG machine while my xbox is my sports machine. I also don't play HALO.

EHWfedPres
05-23-2002, 02:14 PM
PS2 - MANY stupid, linear, crappy turn based wanna-be RPG's with midgets, horrible graphics, same general story, and no replay value. I dont want that with Xbox. Do you people have any patience at all?

So for the dude who traded in the best system for a horrible one...are you ging to sell your house and live in the back of a mini-van? What the hell is wrong with you...Dang, people have NO patience these days...but then again, it also takes very little to amuse today's society... (Example: WWE, Mainstream radio music, other horrible, talent-less crap, etc.)

And YOU DONT PLAY HALO? Ha, thats pathetic. Sorry man, but its not me who's missing out.

Plewis
05-23-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by tech
XBox vs. PS2:

I'm talking about now people. Not future. Six months is long enough to give me one RPG. I also bought a PS2 before E3. Man the graphics kindof sucks compared to my Xbox but I'm keeping both. I am now currently enjoying my PS2 RPGs right now. Now matters to me. If you add all the RPG's the PS2 wins hands down. You can't win if you don't have any out right? Well, I guess my PS2 is an RPG machine while my xbox is my sports machine. I also don't play HALO.

isnt that pirate game an RPG? I thought I heard of another RPG out right now too

FuNkY mOnK
05-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by tech
XBox vs. PS2:

Name one rpg for the ps2 that shows innovation now and future.

EHWfedPres
05-23-2002, 02:23 PM
All of those stupid wanna-be rpg's that the PoS2 has arent even RPG's. They are so linear, and people think that just because the character can gain skills, it's automatically an RPG. WRONG! You cannot have an rpg with linear gameplay. But people dont think that...heck, those same people think that FFX is a good game. It sucks. Anyway, Project Ego and Morrowind will murder every single rpg-wanna-be that the PoS2 will ever have, put together, times 36.9 trillion...37 trillion if we see morrowind any time soon...

SkoalMint
05-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
All of those stupid wanna-be rpg's that the PoS2 has arent even RPG's. They are so linear, and people think that just because the character can gain skills, it's automatically an RPG. WRONG! You cannot have an rpg with linear gameplay. But people dont think that...heck, those same people think that FFX is a good game. It sucks. Anyway, Project Ego and Morrowind will murder every single rpg-wanna-be that the PoS2 will ever have, put together, times 36.9 trillion...37 trillion if we see morrowind any time soon...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Master Gracey
05-23-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
isnt that pirate game an RPG? I thought I heard of another RPG out right now too

Nope... I don't know why people have been saying that. It's not even close! I absolutely love that game. In fact, it's one of only two games I own... but it's not an RPG. You collect money, you buy ships and you buy supplies. You find items to give to certain people so you can complete tasks. There aren't even any stats.

Great game, but no RPG.

E-Xbox
05-23-2002, 02:55 PM
well well well..
i cant beleive u are one of the dump people i always laugh at..
hehe...no offence..but seriously...what does ps2 have that xbox doesnt?...other than jaggies...and gta...?

exactly..nothing....

xbox live will destroy pos2's online stuff...
and m$ is pure genius..

peace

tech
05-23-2002, 04:11 PM
Hey a wanna-be rpg is better than not having a rpg at all. And hey I have fun with my wanna-be rpg's. What does a PS2 have over the XBOX? Once again. They have at least one rpg out there for me to play. That's all they have over the xbox right now. So Peace out. If the xbox just came out with ONE, I asking for just ONE rpg, then I would have never bought my PS2 3 days ago. Hey it suits my needs right now. And NOW is what I care about.

E-Xbox
05-23-2002, 04:22 PM
or u couldve just waited for morrowind...
hehe

peace

Xboxfan123
05-23-2002, 07:44 PM
XBox vs. PS2:

PS2:
6. Not LAN game capable

XBox:
3. Four controller ports
7. 5.1 DD SS capable

PS2 30 million units sold. And growing.

Xbox 4 million units sold.

The Xbox will become extinct soon. I look forward to seeing mine in a pawn shop within a year. Maybe I can buy it back for $25. Xbox Live will bomb too. MS will find a way to screw it up. The reputation of the Xbox is so poor right now it can't be saved.

How much longer can you people keep kidding yourselves?

Plewis
05-23-2002, 07:50 PM
yes... thats why all my friends with gamecubes and PS2s are getting xboxs. The gamecube gamers are concerned about the lack of games, and the PS2 owners hate the jaggies and the lack of many good games. Xbox is gonna die and that is why Phony was the first company to talk about their next console... the BS3

kornavs19
05-23-2002, 09:20 PM
PS2 30 million
Xbox 3.5 million
Yo, "illeged" XboxFan, SHUT THE F*uck up u flamer!!!!!!!
U ever realize PS2 was out a year longer and now that people have it they dont wanna buy another.....They all regret it to.....
If your goanna leave with your new Craptacular system then do it!!!! Just leave no1 cares.......
And as for u Tech..... U might as well leave to cause all you do is promote PS2 and put down the X-Box.....
{cough} FANBOY {cough}!!!!! Just leave with X-BoxFan and play your PS2's togeather!!!!! :mad:

Kortiz
05-23-2002, 09:22 PM
oh yeah?

CHECK THIS OUT MAN!!!

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14055

WOOHOOO IN YO FACE BOY!!

Xboxfan123
05-23-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by lmpbzktnkorn23

Yo, "illeged" XboxFan, SHUT THE F*uck up u flamer!!!!!!!
U ever realize PS2 was out a year longer and now that people have it they dont wanna buy another.....They all regret it to.....
If your goanna leave with your new Craptacular system then do it!!!! Just leave no1 cares.......
And as for u Tech..... U might as well leave to cause all you do is promote PS2 and put down the X-Box.....
{cough} FANBOY {cough}!!!!! Just leave with X-BoxFan and play your PS2's togeather!!!!! :mad:

Hurts to spend that kind of money on a lemon. Yes I used to be an Xbox fan (sucker) until I realized what an over hyped joke the Xbox is. You're lucky if Xbox comes second to Sony. Have fun paying every month for MS controlled broadband. After a one time purchase of an add on, PS2 will be free because everyone has an ISP provider. MS WILL mess up Xbox Live. they haven't gotten much right since launch.

Kortiz
05-23-2002, 11:36 PM
from what im hearing, the hook up for hte first year on Xbox live is 50 bucks...THE WHOLE FIRST YEAR MAN!!! what are you talkin about every month?

56k compared to broadband is like a woman lookin at a 2 inch peter and then looking at a 10 inch peter..nah mean, i guess you got a 2 inch peter.

tech
05-23-2002, 11:41 PM
FANBOY? who me? lmpbzktnkorn23, post your xbox gear. I own 1 xbox, 2 official controllers, 1 JPN controller, 1 madcatz wheel, 1 gamester joystick, 1 dvd remote kit, 1 hd/av kit, 1 svideo cable, 1 official memory card, 9 games, PGR, DOA3, NFL fever, SSX tricky, Wreakless, Rallisport, Nightcaster, Azurik, and WWF Raw. (No halo yet because I have been playing FPS for years on my PC and I want something different now) I am also XBL ready as I have a router and switch with my cable modem in my room. My new PS2 only cost me $200 bucks so its not going to kill me if it collects dust once I get an RPG for the Xbox. My point is that I want an RPG for the xbox now. Until I get it I will ENJOY my PS2. Yes I am a fanboy. A Microsoft Fanboy. Man, I am MR. Microsoft at work as we are in the process of removing anything not Microsoft and converting all our severs to Microsoft Windows 2000 Servers. Chill out -- Peace.

OEM Alien
05-24-2002, 12:15 AM
XBox vs. PS2:

PS2:
6. Not LAN game capable

XBox:
3. Four controller ports
7. 5.1 DD SS capable
13. I could add more but my fingers are getting sore ;) and...
ps2 crap ass 150mhz "emotion engine"
vs.
xbox's
300 mhz geforce 3.5 gpu

y2kash_14
05-24-2002, 01:42 AM
ok listen JaggieFan123

You say Xbox is selling as well as PS2, well, isn't it unfair that the PS2 had a 1 1/2 year head start?

You no games use the Xbox's power (Halo does), it took a year for the PS2 to have a game with Decent Graphics (FFX)

Nobody expected the PS1 to do well in the gaming world simply because it was a new company making the console, they didn't exactly trust Sony, you gotta give Microsoft time.

You say the Xbox keeps on getting PS2 ports, right, but wouldn't you want the higher quality version instead of the watered down Jaggy version?

Another thing you said, the PS2 has a bigger library, of all those games, hardly any of them are good, it took Sony a year to make a killer-app, while Microsoft had one from day one.

And on more thing, why on earth would you do this right before E3!?!? Thats the stupidest thing i ever heard

Killer Apps..............

GTA3- Gets Old
MGS2- Play through it 3 times, then you get bored
FFX- A One Time thing.
and.......oh wait those are the best.

I am no Xbox fanboy, infact i hate Xbox Fanboys more than i do PS2 or GC fanboys, simply because they make all us Xbox owners look like um...... I too own a PS2 but if you could only have one i beleive the right decision is XBOX

Hugh_Jass
05-24-2002, 05:50 AM
::sigh:: let this thread die

Piccolo_DBz
05-24-2002, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
::sigh:: let this thread die

I agree....Kill it mods! :confused:

XBOX Dude
05-24-2002, 09:55 AM
xboxfan goes along with the old saying

most people would rather have 5$ today then $20 tommorow i pity you buddy

John002
05-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Your mistake:)

Xboxfan123
05-24-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
xboxfan goes along with the old saying

most people would rather have 5$ today then $20 tommorow i pity you buddy

I pity you too. You guys lost another good game. Maybe you can play some Kabuki Warriors in the mean time. Ha Ha.

http://www.psera.com/scripts/news2/new.asp?newID=1282

Xboxfan123
05-24-2002, 07:52 PM
from what im hearing, the hook up for hte first year on Xbox live is 50 bucks...THE WHOLE FIRST YEAR MAN!!! what are you talkin about every month?

56k compared to broadband is like a woman lookin at a 2 inch peter and then looking at a 10 inch peter..nah mean, i guess you got a 2 inch peter.

You sure are a little too fixated on "peters" aren't ya? You must think about them alot because that has nothing to do with console debating and BTW sorry I'm married.

X-Ray
05-24-2002, 09:04 PM

You sure are a little too fixated on "peters" aren't ya? You must think about them alot because that has nothing to do with console debating and BTW sorry I'm married.

XBoxfan123, you are really pi$$ing me off. You don't even have an X-Box, so why are you here? Oh, to visit your friends, of couse!:rolleyes:

Seriously, you have no reason to come here. You switched your console from an XBOX to a PoS2; now you need to switch your website. Good riddance!

X-Ray recalls a scene from his favorite childhood movie, Home Alone.

"Now I'm gonna give you to the count of ten to get you low-life, scumbag, snake sucking keester off my property....1...2...10 (maching gun fire and sinister laughter)"

Master Gracey
05-24-2002, 10:06 PM
The tables have turned, X-Ray... now I condemn you for taking the words out of my mouth. :D Well said!

EDIT: This is my first (and will be my only) post on this topic. The reason I'm writing this is not because I'm personally annoyed, but because this individual seems to be upsetting the community. I enjoy this community and the people here, so this letter is my letter from "everyone."

To Xboxfan123:

Plenty of people here can respect your decision. All we ask is that you respect ours. We play Xbox, you play PS2. But we all play video games together. **insert Barney song of your choice here**

All joking aside, it would seem that the sensible thing for you to do would be to stop whatever it is you're doing. You're not proving anything to anyone, and you're just causing unrest. This is supposed to be a place of fun and you're ruining that fun for some people. You've been asked rather kindly to stop (more than once), yet you persist. I don't like to flame anyone but I have to say that even my dad's c0ckatiel has more manners than you're displaying. And before you make some snide comment to me, a c0ckatiel is a bird.

So please... grow up and either respect our points of view or move on.

hook-worm J
05-25-2002, 01:00 AM
I dont get it... you started out (in the first page of the thread) by saying you have nothing against the X-Box... But as the thread moved on, you slowly went to dissing the $hit out of it? And now you have utter hate for it or something.... I dont get it....

dave_m123
05-25-2002, 04:20 AM
For someone who supposedly has nothing against the Xbox he sure is trolling and making an ass out of himself alot.

LOL u do know that most of the companies on the ps2 plan to charge for people to play online. EA sports and Segasports you will apparently be charged monthly for. So the MS deal is a damned site better than that.

y2kash_14
05-25-2002, 04:33 AM
um..............What are you still doing here?

John002
05-25-2002, 08:42 AM
Time will tell, but I'd never bet against Bill Gates.
cya:)

gula
05-25-2002, 08:00 PM

I pity you too. You guys lost another good game. Maybe you can play some Kabuki Warriors in the mean time. Ha Ha.

http://www.psera.com/scripts/news2/new.asp?newID=1282

I pity you, PlayStation has lost any chance of getting Ninja Gaiden. Maybe you can play some Mad Maestro!, Britney's Dance Beat, Tarzan Untamed, Herdy Gerdy, X Squad, Monsters, Inc., Eve of Extinction, Driven, Jonny Moseley Mad Trix, Frogger: The Great Quest, Top Angler, NBA Hoopz, Surfing H3O, Ephemeral Fantasia, Rune: Viking Warlord, and so on and on and on.

But PS2 is the glory system...ehh. Lets see what they had at launch..

DOA2: Hardcore
Dynasty Warriors 2
ESPN International Track and Field
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding
FantaVision
Kessen
Madden NFL 2001
Moto GP
NHL 2001
Q-Ball Billiards Master
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Ridge Racer V
Silent Scope
Smuggler's Run
SSX
Street Fighter EX3
Tekken Tag Tournament
TimeSplitters
Unreal Tournament
Wild Wild Racing
X-Squad

WoW! What an amazing line-up for PS2. PS2 didn't get any good games till a year later.

Xbox was released with one of the best titles of all time (Halo). Just talk to me in the Fall on who has the best of games. And I guarantee Xbox will dominate in that area.

Good luck, idiot. :rolleyes:

And about Xbox going to be extinct....

Xbox Sales Boosted by Price Cut

The head of the nation's top specialty toy retailer said on Wednesday the recent price cut for the Xbox game console had boosted sales and predicted that Microsoft Corp.'s machine would become the industry's leading platform.

"With the pricing adjustment that just took place, the lift in unit sales is fabulous," Toys "R" Us Inc. chairman and chief executive John Eyler told other CEOs at Microsoft's annual "CEO Summit" gathering in Redmond, Washington.

In a display of support for the U.S. software giant's bid to take a chunk of the $20 billion gaming industry away from leader Sony Corp. and its PlayStation machines, Eyler said that the Xbox would become a leading platform for games.
"It is going to accelerate over time to where we have critical mass and this platform really becomes the premier (medium) of the video game industry," he said.

You will regret it, mark my words.

MerimacHamwich
05-25-2002, 08:44 PM
Oh my god.
The only thing needed to make you realize which system is better is the system hardware statistics and future planning. Xbox is actually trying to make the future of gaming. They are actually trying to make the gaming experience more comprehensive and fun. Oh and baout loading times ps2 is worse, not to mention much more loading times and smaller environments which makes no sense why there are more and longer loading times.It just boggles my mind how some poeple think.:rolleyes:

CodeMonkey
05-25-2002, 08:54 PM
Just let the thread die

stingu
05-25-2002, 10:54 PM
Whatever your reasons for (your belief it's failing) taking it back are fine. You are in minority. So take it back (as you did) and be gone. You didn't even have to mention this to anyone...

Xboxfan123
06-07-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by gula

I pity you, PlayStation has lost any chance of getting Ninja Gaiden. Maybe you can play some Mad Maestro!, Britney's Dance Beat, Tarzan Untamed, Herdy Gerdy, X Squad, Monsters, Inc., Eve of Extinction, Driven, Jonny Moseley Mad Trix, Frogger: The Great Quest, Top Angler, NBA Hoopz, Surfing H3O, Ephemeral Fantasia, Rune: Viking Warlord, and so on and on and on.

But PS2 is the glory system...ehh. Lets see what they had at launch..

DOA2: Hardcore
Dynasty Warriors 2
ESPN International Track and Field
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding
FantaVision
Kessen
Madden NFL 2001
Moto GP
NHL 2001
Q-Ball Billiards Master
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Ridge Racer V
Silent Scope
Smuggler's Run
SSX
Street Fighter EX3
Tekken Tag Tournament
TimeSplitters
Unreal Tournament
Wild Wild Racing
X-Squad

WoW! What an amazing line-up for PS2. PS2 didn't get any good games till a year later.

Xbox was released with one of the best titles of all time (Halo). Just talk to me in the Fall on who has the best of games. And I guarantee Xbox will dominate in that area.

Good luck, idiot. :rolleyes:

And about Xbox going to be extinct....

Xbox Sales Boosted by Price Cut

The head of the nation's top specialty toy retailer said on Wednesday the recent price cut for the Xbox game console had boosted sales and predicted that Microsoft Corp.'s machine would become the industry's leading platform.

"With the pricing adjustment that just took place, the lift in unit sales is fabulous," Toys "R" Us Inc. chairman and chief executive John Eyler told other CEOs at Microsoft's annual "CEO Summit" gathering in Redmond, Washington.

In a display of support for the U.S. software giant's bid to take a chunk of the $20 billion gaming industry away from leader Sony Corp. and its PlayStation machines, Eyler said that the Xbox would become a leading platform for games.
"It is going to accelerate over time to where we have critical mass and this platform really becomes the premier (medium) of the video game industry," he said.

You will regret it, mark my words.

Speaking of idiots...Let's focus on you. Don't you get tired of looking forward of what you think is going to be a great game only to find that it's shallow? The only really good game for the Xbox is Halo. Period.

One reason why I traded in the Xbox is for games like GTA3. Which BTW from what I hear will be exclusive to PS2 to 2004. GTA Vice City is coming out soon.

So who's the idiot here? A PS2 owner with lots of great games to choose from or an Xbox owner grumbling about another delayed game that will be nothing special when it finally does come out. Well like most Xbox owners you can say to yourself "Maybe the next release will show off the potential of the Xbox" or "Companies still learn how to program for the Xbox".

Well at least all of you have a coupon from MS for overpaying for your console. Right?

BTW What ever happened to the arguement that the Xbox has better graphics than the GC? Guess you don't mention that because the GC has the same graphic capabilities as the Xbox.

The Xbox has no better graphics than the GC and most games are overhyped and cr@p. It doesn't stand out in any catagory. No wonder so many people still choose the PS2 over the Xbox.

y2kash_14
06-07-2002, 06:30 PM
why did you have to bump this thread......just go play with your PS2 and stop bothering us

Slacker
06-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Uh man xboxfan123 is Dense, so what let him buy a Ps2 we know what we have , and why this thread is still going I will never know, Do we actually care he traded his Xbox for a PS2 we know that he will regret it, just read his reasoning , he is very close minded, and we shouldn't waste anymore time on such matters

FuNkY mOnK
Why do you still keep your name xboxfan? I think you should change it to ps2fan it’s more appropriate, I’m sure Jeremy could arrange something. As far as you still sticking around I like that because sooner or later I’m going to tear you a new A-hole. So you can fit most of the ps2 games where they belong.

monkeyman
my balloon just popped :(

ps2 is like my balloon it will pop......no wait my balloon popped

HEY WOULNDT IT BE FUNNY IF ALL THE PS2 POPPED ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!!!!

by the way im sad your getting a ps2 and not sticking with xbox but it was your choice so good bye :(

Kleen
06-07-2002, 06:53 PM

Speaking of idiots...Let's focus on you. Don't you get tired of looking forward of what you think is going to be a great game only to find that it's shallow? The only really good game for the Xbox is Halo. Period.

One reason why I traded in the Xbox is for games like GTA3. Which BTW from what I hear will be exclusive to PS2 to 2004. GTA Vice City is coming out soon.

So who's the idiot here? A PS2 owner with lots of great games to choose from or an Xbox owner grumbling about another delayed game that will be nothing special when it finally does come out. Well like most Xbox owners you can say to yourself "Maybe the next release will show off the potential of the Xbox" or "Companies still learn how to program for the Xbox".

Well at least all of you have a coupon from MS for overpaying for your console. Right?

BTW What ever happened to the arguement that the Xbox has better graphics than the GC? Guess you don't mention that because the GC has the same graphic capabilities as the Xbox.

The Xbox has no better graphics than the GC and most games are overhyped and cr@p. It doesn't stand out in any catagory. No wonder so many people still choose the PS2 over the Xbox.

One year ago you could post the same text with DC replacing PS2 & GC and PS2 replacing XBOX.

PS2 was and is a disappointment. XBOX is promising and still in the early stages. My Messiah chip ships on June 10, making my PS2 my best videogame investment since PS1 (modded). Anyone who denies the XBOX's superiority (this generation) is a moron. Can you honestly say you wouldn't want to see EVERY game built for the XBOX from the ground up? Who cares who makes the system as long as it is affordable and the best available. That's the XBOX.

monkeyman
06-07-2002, 07:26 PM
ok it says hell freezes over again when was the first hell freezing over??

gula
06-07-2002, 07:26 PM

Speaking of diheads...lets focus on your stupid ass.

According to Extended Play, Xbox WILL be the console of the future. For Xbox Live, you can download extra levels, weapons, missions, etc.

It took a year for all of the "good" PS2 games to come out. When PS2 first came out, what can you play..umm...well..umm..oh yeah TEST DRIVE: WIDE OPEN! WOOHOOO!!! :rolleyes:

From the Fall release of the Xbox compared to the PS2, PS2 will be blown away. Why else would PS3 come out so early? Are they afraid of the competition? Hmm....

PS2 had many problems when it came out:

1. Not that great of games.
2. Shortage of PS2's to sell. (Idiots)
And many more.

What about games like:
1. Halo
2. Rallisport Challenge
3. Hunter: The Reckoning
4. Gunvalkyrie
5. Jet Set Radio Future
6. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
7. World Series Baseball
8. Test Drive (coming out in 4 days)
9. Outlaw Golf (coming out in 4 days)
etc.

Oh but thats right, Xbox has no good games out... :rolleyes:

FuNkY mOnK
06-07-2002, 07:40 PM
very good point, out of the three hundred fuc*king games the ps2 has ten that are worth playing.and there the ones from almost a year ago. it's xbox owners who keep this ***** alive. lets not answer them anymore and maybe they'll bore each other to death.

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 08:02 PM
Don't anyone worry.....he'll be selling his PS2 for an Xbox within a week!:cool:

~ SpartanSniper

gula
06-07-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman
ok it says hell freezes over again when was the first hell freezing over??

It was when Koopa bought an Xbox. But he also kept his GameCube.

But for this idiot...well..hes just an idiot.

monkeyman
06-07-2002, 08:22 PM

It was when Koopa bought an Xbox. But he also kept his GameCube.

But for this idiot...well..hes just an idiot.

oh the koopa thing isnt that bad

gula
06-07-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman

oh the koopa thing isnt that bad

Yeah, at least he kept his other system. This idiot sold his Xbox and bought a PS2.

I will be also buying a GameCube soon. I would never EVER want to buy a PS2. Would never sell out to Sony in the gaming business.

monkeyman
06-07-2002, 08:36 PM

I would never EVER want to buy a PS2. Would never sell out to Sony in the gaming business.

yep yep:D

SpartanSniper
06-07-2002, 09:55 PM

Yeah, at least he kept his other system. This idiot sold his Xbox and bought a PS2.

I will be also buying a GameCube soon. I would never EVER want to buy a PS2. Would never sell out to Sony in the gaming business.

Is the world ending????

It must be if someone sold an Xbox for PS2.

~ SpartanSniper

:cool:

CodeMonkey
06-07-2002, 09:57 PM
Shesh, this thread still going.........

Erm, XBOX123, if u have sold your xbox, why do u come back here to stir trouble?

Oh well enjoy and have fun

Hickboy
06-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Damn are you still here? Go away already.

Frostberg
06-07-2002, 11:00 PM
I thought this thread was dead, and then I got a reply in my mailbox! Ahhh! Please let this really STUPID thread die

thorpe420
06-08-2002, 12:34 AM
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez WHATS DUDES PROBLEM

thorpe420
06-08-2002, 12:55 AM
Your an idiot

Xboxfan123
06-08-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by thorpe420
Your an idiot

Hey Moron. It's "You're" not "Your". If an idiot taught you that than you must really be messed up...Loser...PS Xbox sucks.

Xboxfan123
06-08-2002, 01:59 AM

Hey SFB Sell out to Sony??? Like MS is a reputable honest company. They make Enron look good. See what happens when MS can't monopolize an idustry like they always do. They get their @sses kicked by Nintendo and Sony. You can't "sell out" more than by buying MS products.

SpartanSniper
06-08-2002, 02:03 AM

Hey Moron. It's "You're" not "Your". If an idiot taught you that than you must really be messed up...Loser...PS Xbox sucks.

It shouldn't be "If an idiot taught you that than you must"....it should have been "If an idiot taught you that then you must".

No offense intended but......You really shouldn't get on people's cases for their grammar if you can't even back it up with your own grammar.

~ SpartanSniper

Xboxfan123
06-08-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by SpartanSniper

It shouldn't be "If an idiot taught you that than you must"....it should have been "If an idiot taught you that then you must".

No offense intended but......You really shouldn't get on people's cases for their grammar if you can't even back it up with your own grammar.

~ SpartanSniper

thanc yew very mutch butt I thinke yew weer juste beeng pikky abowt miy gramerr. Ande know ofence takken chumm p.

BTW. Do you really believe that the use of "......" was necessary in your statement?

SpartanSniper
06-08-2002, 02:16 AM
It doesn't really matter, man. I was just trying to make a point.

~ SpartanSniper

Xboxfan123
06-08-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by SpartanSniper
It doesn't really matter, man. I was just trying to make a point.

~ SpartanSniper

O.K. man. actually you used a few too many points. ".................."

SpartanSniper
06-08-2002, 02:22 AM

O.K. man. actually you used a few too many points. ".................."

I always do that......................as you can see.

Kleen
06-08-2002, 02:50 AM
O.K., this thread should be deleted already. This guy (XBOXfan123 or whomever) is a douchebag. What kind of idiot waits 18 months (when the PS2 has been readily available--over 2 years in Japan) then complains that XBOX doesn't have enough games (after being out for 6 months). Comeback in a year, then complain, assshole. As if devs would support XBOX at some exponentially growing rate--Jesus. Be ****ing realistic. Even better--just leave. You're not an XBOXfan, so why come here? Oh yeah, to be a ***got. PS2 has 3 games that are worth buying a system for: GTA3 (****ty graphics, but hey, it's fun), GT3 (which becomes boring as hell), and MGS2 (which was highly disappointing). Not to mention the PS2's graphics SUCK by today's standards and the standards from when it was released in the U.S. I'd understand if you bought the PS2 first and just did not want to spend money on a new system, but you sound like you are full of **** and never even owned an XBOX. Whatever. Time for bed. Eat **** and die, Amen.

FuNkY mOnK
06-08-2002, 05:57 AM

Hey SFB Sell out to Sony??? Like MS is a reputable honest company. They make Enron look good. See what happens when MS can't monopolize an idustry like they always do. They get their @sses kicked by Nintendo and Sony. You can't "sell out" more than by buying MS products.
Hey xboxfany do you think M$ got to monopolize the industry in six months? Was Rome built in a day? Get the picture stupid. I’m not saying monopolization is good but when I have my interest and investments with that company I know their product will be here forever a thorn in your side, in your case it should be your eye.

John002
06-08-2002, 06:11 AM
I think this thread survives because we all feel bad about the mistake xboxfan made. We have to let this thread die and give him time to learn the err of his ways. He'll be back.

gula
06-08-2002, 07:00 AM

How do they get their asses kicked by Nintendo and Sony?

(And your not going to bother to respond back to my other post?)

Ninja Scroll
06-08-2002, 08:53 AM
Why da hell do people keep on bumping up this old ass thread! Let it die for crying out load. :rolleyes:

Xboxfan123
06-08-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

Hey xboxfany do you think M$ got to monopolize the industry in six months? Was Rome built in a day? Get the picture stupid. I’m not saying monopolization is good but when I have my interest and investments with that company I know their product will be here forever a thorn in your side, in your case it should be your eye.

Latest Xbox sales figures:

http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/you.html

Sums up what the Xbox is about.

FuNkY mOnK
06-08-2002, 09:16 AM

Latest Xbox sales figures:

http://151.200.3.8/~vze29k6v/you.html

Sums up what the Xbox is about.
You have just as much originality and imagination as your ps2 games. :rolleyes:

dave_m123
06-08-2002, 09:20 AM
LOL oh yeah Sony is so great that they manage to get developers to flood the market with hundreds of awful to mediocre games with very few actual good ones. I rekcon you could count the good PS2 games on both hands.