PDA

View Full Version : XBOX backup chips released

Halo of Flies
05-20-2002, 08:33 PM
I'd seen some videos recently of an XBOX chip that could play imports and thought that proper chips were some time away but now 2 chips are being released (one of them next week) that will play backups. They are the XTender and the Enigmah-X.

I'll be the first to admit that I've used piracy in the past but when I bought my XBOX I vowed to only buy originals, now this has happened it makes me feel that the XBOX has been cheapened, brought down to the PS2's level. I don't know, I just kinda feel let down....

X-Ray
05-20-2002, 09:16 PM
I have strong moral objections to pirating games. Plus if it ever gets out of hand it could destroy the gaming industry.

Immanuel Kant's categorical imperative mandates that (among other things) if an action is to be moral it must be desirable in all cases. I.E. is theft desirable in all cases? No. So even though stealing a snickers from Wal-Mart won't ever influence anyone its still wrong. Obviously Kant's moral theory has flaws but it goes to show that the morality of an action is composed in the action itself and clearly stealing is an immoral action.

Frostberg
05-20-2002, 11:19 PM
I dont know why people care so much to pirate Xbox games...if they paid $300 or now $200 for a system to just go out and copy a game it will ruin MS and there might not be an Xbox 2...and I used to make fun of the GCs small disc...

UltraMuffin
05-21-2002, 01:11 AM
I used to copy games... Copying games ruins the fun, seriously.
It doesn't seem logical that getting games for free should spoil the fun... But you become obsessed with getting more games, more concerned with collecting than playing... and when you reach a difficult spot in a particular game, you just move on to the next one... It's like having attention deficit disorder for video games or something.

Halo of Flies
05-21-2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by UltraMuffin
I used to copy games... Copying games ruins the fun, seriously.
It doesn't seem logical that getting games for free should spoil the fun... But you become obsessed with getting more games, more concerned with collecting than playing... and when you reach a difficult spot in a particular game, you just move on to the next one... It's like having attention deficit disorder for video games or something.
This is the exact reason why I vowed not to use pirate XBOX games. With my Dreamcast I had nearly 200 games but most of them (even a lot of the great ones) I had only played for about half an hour. When you have fewer games and have paid good money for them then you value them MUCH more.

Spaztic
05-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies

This is the exact reason why I vowed not to use pirate XBOX games. With my Dreamcast I had nearly 200 games but most of them (even a lot of the great ones) I had only played for about half an hour. When you have fewer games and have paid good money for them then you value them MUCH more.

i definatly agree...I have some cd's that I have burned that I haven't even listened to yet....but If I buy the cd it will be in the player for about a month!